• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

1978 Chevy LUV Pro Street/Drag Car Project

H
Dec 9, 2007
Chewelah, Washington
Well, this is probably in the wrong spot but technically it is a truck.

1978 Chevy LUV shortbox pickup Pro Street or Drag Car project with a Chris Alston Chassisworks rear clip with four-link and coilovers, Chassisworks 8 point chromoly rollcage kit (not installed), Chassisworks fabricated 9" rear housing(only 27" flange to flange!), Strange Engineering 31 spline axles with big bearings, Strange full spool, 4.57 gears, Willwood 12" disc brakes and calipers, Weld Drag Lite rims 15X14 rear/15x3.5 front, Mickey Thompson Sportsman Pro tires 15X18 rear/15X5 front, Harwood fuel cell, Barry Grant BG 400 fuel pump and regulator (none of the fuel system is installed), .030 over 350 4-bolt main block, TRW 12.5:1 pistons, factory steel crank and rods, Crane Commander 310 solid lifter cam, Dart Sportsman II heads, Harland Sharp aluminum roller rockers, Moroso stud girdle, Edelbrock Pro Hi-Ram tunnel ram w/Holley 600 double pumper carbs, MSD crank trigger ignition with 7AL-2 box and Pro-Billet distributor, Hooker Super Comp headers, Hi-Torque mini starter, Turbo 400 transmission w/Darrel Young 4000 stall converter, scatter shield, flexplate shield, transbrake (not installed), Autometer Tach, oil pressure, and temperature gauges, RCI racing bucket seat. There is some rust in the body. One rocker panel is rusted but fixable and both front fenders would probably be better off replaced. I have both the stock hood and a fiberglass hood with a 6" cowl induction scoop. The front clip has been cleanly disected to make it a 3 piece unit without inner fenders and the radiator support has been nicely modified for a bigger radiator. There is a Chassisworks steel interior kit for the bed that is not installed but someone put the wheel tubs together wrong so they would probably need to be replaced. The engine is completely balanced and blueprinted and has not been started yet and was installed using a Hooker engine swap kit so it was done right. I will also include a Crane solid lifter roller cam, a new set of Cat H-beam 5.70/6.00" stroker steel rods, a new 3.750" stroker 4340 steel crank, an Edelbrock Victor Jr. Tall intake, an extra crank trigger ingnition system, and a set of used 15X12 slicks. I bought this from a family member that needed money. I really don't have the desire or time to finish it and could better use the money for other things. Over $11,000 invested, over $5,000 in the backhalf alone. Will sacrifice for $6500 or best offer. It would not take a whole lot to make it driveable and only a little more to make it raceable. It'd be a great start for someone that would like to get into the sport. PM me or call (509)496-8427. I may be able to deliver depending on where you live.

Premium Features