• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Truggy for sale - 4 links, coilovers, 45" tires, dual t-cases

bgreen776

Lifetime Membership
Dec 16, 2007
Kenai, AK
www.backcountryrebles.com
http://anchorage.craigslist.org/rvs/1787883676.htmlhttp://anchorage.craigslist.org/rvs/1787854576.html

It’s a 76 Chevy 1/2 ton frame and cab with 1 Ton Chevy axles front and rear. The engine is a 472 Caddy with a 500 caddy crank and .050 over Keith Black Hypereutectic pistons with C&A Duramolly rings. Other engine details include Cloyles timing set, Shaft mounted rockers, stainless valves, dual plane aluminum intake, Holly Pro-Jection, Pertronix distributor with MSD 6AL, weight matched forged rods, mild cam, block detailed for improved oiling, high volume oil pump, Sanderson headers, and billet flex plate. The drive train includes a TH-400 with Art Car full manual reverse valve body for extreme reliability (no governor, vacuum modulator, or kick down to fail). The transfer case is an upside down NP-203 range box mated to an NP-205 T-case that been converted to allow front only or rear only high or low range(increased maneuverability) and has been rotated flat for increased ground clearance. The input and output shafts have been upgraded to 32 spline for the ultimate in strength, and the yokes have been upgraded to accept 1.5 ton 1410 u-joints.

Power is transferred to the axles through custom extreme duty driveshaft’s. The rear axle is a Chevy Corp. 14 Bolt that has had the diff welded and runs a full disc brake conversion. Spare axles can be included. The front axle is a Chevrolet Dana 60 with all new 35 spline inner and outer shafts and Drive Flanges to eliminate locking hub failures. The knuckles have been cut and rotated for proper pinion angle and caster and the front diff is welded for reliable and constant traction. Normally welding the front diff causes difficult steering but I have installed full hydraulic steering from Performance Off-Road Systems. This system was engineered from the ground up for offroad use. The steering cylinder is 3" diameter and uses a hard chromed chromolly 1.5" diameter shaft. The steering valve (Orbitrol Valve) is a custom made Danfoss valve (now in their catalog) set to run the steering lock to lock in approximately 3 turns for quick steering.

The front suspension is a custom 4 link with 2.5" King Coilovers. The rear suspension is a custom 4 link with 4" XJ coils and 13" travel gas shocks. The cab is complimented with very nice aftermarket bucket seats and a custom aluminum dash. The bed is constructed to support multiple mounting options including brackets for two Kolpin Gun Boots. The chassis supports front and rear winches, a land anchor, and has mounts for onboard air in the form of CO2, Dual Optima Batteries, and mounts for 48 and 56" long Hi-Lift jacks. The exhaust passes through the frame and into 3" Supertrapp mufflers. All the fuel and transmission cooler lines are Stainless Steel hard line and braided flex to prevent sticks and rocks from damaging them while out in the boonies. There is a 30 gallon custom aluminum fuel tank and two transmission coolers mounted in under the bed. The radiator and cooling fan is mounted behind the cab for increased frontal visibility and weight distribution. The tires are 44.6x18.5 R16 Goodyear Traction Sure Grips mounted on 12" wide beadlocks.

If you’re interested I can email some more pictures. I originally built this truck for a hunting buggy, but over the last several years it has grown into somewhat of a toy. Now I have moved on to other sports and would like re-coup some of the money I have invested in this project. This truck has been rode hard, but I've maintained it well, and improved on its weaknesses every winter since I first started wheeling it. If you’re a hunter and thinking hauling gear, the hood, roof, and bed have multiple places for tie downs, and the rear tube structure can be easily expanded for more storage. We can also discuss a tow behind trailer if you’re interested in more. 27' goose neck trailer available. Price is negotiable.

IMG_0477.JPG P1030072.JPG

Last edited:
Premium Features