• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

'09 M1000 162" with Twisted Turbo Pump Gas Turbo

C
Nov 27, 2007
South Jordan, Utah
Nope, it is a great question. I just did what was recommended to me. I was told the main reason the shell is not run is cause the material between starts to fall out and makes a mess. Coated would be the way to go.

FYI, my turbo spools very fast, never been a problem. :)

C
Nov 27, 2007
South Jordan, Utah
Nope, I havent squeaked a piston, over 500 miles without an issue!!

I did let someone ride it for a day to potentionally sell it and that person squeaked a piston. As I was not riding it, not sure what happened. The piston squeaked on the sides just above the wrist pins. Never seen one like this, so not sure. Asked around and most people scratched their heads as well. New cylinder and new piston, although cylinder wasnt bad, probably could have acid washed, honed and run it, but I like things done right.

Sled is fixed and have 2 rides on it without an issue. Wish I had a better answer, but it has run flawlessly for me. I do tend to get in and out of the throttle alot, guess it is from my days on the Cat 900's and their lean mid-range.

Last edited:
Premium Features