• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

08 Ski Doo 800 Ramps and Helix

D
Jun 28, 2012
Northern Utah
I want to ask the people who ride around Utah (especially Monte Cristo) your opinion. I know this topic often times leads to "Try DJ's Kit, or Rooster Built, etc, etc." But that really isn't what I am after at the moment. I would love to try one, but my budget is limited.

I ride a 2008 p-tek 800cc Ski Doo XP 154 track. I weigh about 220 with my gear. The '08 ski doo comes with 413 ramps in the primary clutch, and a 42 degree straight angle secondary. I have 1mm over-sized rollers and adjustable pin weights in the primary. We primarily boondock and powder turn. Not many hill climbs, and trails are just a way to find the powder. I want to set up best for that riding style.

Remember I don't have a huge budget.

I am thinking to change to a 417, 433, or 441 primary ramp and gear to a 19 or 20 and leaving it at that. Which combo would be best?

I was told the best combo with minimal price impact is the 433 ramp with a 46-42 helix. I really didn't want to change my Helix as a 42 is pretty good to go. Has anybody tried this combo and would recommend it?

Thanks in advance.

wjl

Lifetime Membership
Mar 29, 2008
Eden, UTAH
If money is tight look at DJs mountain ramps.
Check out his site which you probably have to call or email.
I also geared down one tooth on the top gear and it pulled like a freight train lost about 5mph top end, no biggie.

Some information: I had his full set-up on my 08 XP and it worked great 90% of my riding was at Monte. When i changed to the mountain ramps it was even better and had my clickers on 3 and left them there. (price went up since 2008)

http://www.ibackshift.com/article/welcome-to-the-revzone-1.asp

Last edited:

Always war

Lifetime Membership
Nov 9, 2012
Utah
I also ran DJ's kit on my 08, with the 20T top gear. If your on a budget, I would run the 441 ramps (very similar to DJ's mountain ramps), violet/white (180/355) primary spring (hi-performance engineering), and dalton adjustable pin kit. I ran a little over 15g of weight in mine.

Chief

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
SL,UT
I purchased two of DJ's kits for our '08's but only installed one before my wife became ill. The second is complete, new in box.

PM me an offer and I'll consider it. I live on the northwest end of West Jordan.

I run pretty low gears (don't remember exactly) on my 154 and still think I need to add more weight or re-gear but overall I'm happier with DJ's kit then I was with the stock set-up.

D
Jun 28, 2012
Northern Utah
Thanks for the responses guys. I am curious what DJ does different with his ramps? I have 441's available, but was told by somebody that they are a ramp more for the mid west, and to go with a 433. Thoughts? Also is a 19 top gear too low?

Premium Features