• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

08 M1000 electric reverse kit

DTR

Lifetime Membership
Dec 14, 2008
ND
www.DTRND.com
The kit does not work in an 07 ECU, as stated above.

The 07 and 08 oil pumps will NOT pump in reverse. Be very cautious about runing them in reverse, as you are now getting absolutly NO oil.

DTR

Last edited:

mrquick68

Lifetime Membership
Dec 20, 2004
Kirkland, WA
The kit does no work in an 07 ECU, as stated above. The o7 guys would have to get ahold of an 08 ECU.

The 07 an 08 oil pumps will NOT pump in reverse. Be very cautious about runing them in reverse, as you are now get absolutly NO oil. Short bursts may be ok, but do not leave them in reverse or overuse it if you haven't updated you oil pump. I haven't had any issues yet, but be careful with this.

DTR

that's exactly what i thought... my sled doesn't stay in reverse more than two seconds, so i figured no issue. i'll get the 09 pump coming...

M

minet

Nov 26, 2007
compare

Mrquik when you get that pump , can you look at the two side by side and see if we could just change those hose inputs ,, the pumps look very similar on the fische , i wonder if its as simple as changing the input line. would they contract an entire new pump or would they retro fit a pump they are currently using

mrquick68

Lifetime Membership
Dec 20, 2004
Kirkland, WA
Quick I guess you have found a good reason to buy a BDX oil delete kit. I personally would rather mix my oil then trust the oil pump.

been there done that - won't do it again. SUCH a pain to mix gas for a sled, especially when you travel. it stinks...

it's a good idea though, i never thought of that... :)

DTR

Lifetime Membership
Dec 14, 2008
ND
www.DTRND.com
Mrquik when you get that pump , can you look at the two side by side and see if we could just change those hose inputs ,, the pumps look very similar on the fische , i wonder if its as simple as changing the input line. would they contract an entire new pump or would they retro fit a pump they are currently using

I'll save you some time, it won't work. The internals of the pump are completly different. The only way to pump in reverse is to get the new pump.

DTR

BD-Xtreme

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
If you guys need a pump we've got three 09 new ones. Call us @ 507-824-9966 and you'll save $200.

ridgelinerunner

Premium Member
Oct 2, 2008
08 M1000 Reverse

If you were to order an 07 ECU the part number changes to the 08 ECU, there is some differences between the two.

A
Nov 26, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
Is Dakota Performance the only place offering this kit? Its sounds like its not even a kit really but just the instructions and a wire. I have been thinking of ditching the stock DD for a lite and dropping some unnecessary weight. Anybody know how much weight is saved by swapping DD and eliminating the servo and other crap.

mrquick68

Lifetime Membership
Dec 20, 2004
Kirkland, WA
Is Dakota Performance the only place offering this kit? Its sounds like its not even a kit really but just the instructions and a wire. I have been thinking of ditching the stock DD for a lite and dropping some unnecessary weight. Anybody know how much weight is saved by swapping DD and eliminating the servo and other crap.

about 12lbs and its all rotating mass. great mod!

Dakato (last time i checked) can't sell the reverse kit anymore. :eek:

lamo'. a savvy guy could easily figure it out though :D

A
Nov 26, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
If it can't be sold anymore maybe you could take some pic's and write up some directions so everybody can have access to it.

If its truly 12 lbs of rotating mass did you see a big increase in track speed?

I

itsadrug

Soooo, If we were to find said terminal at the ECU, would we put power to the terminal or ground it?? This is big. I'm sure that's what Arctic Cat thought when they (probably) suggested that Dakota not sell kits to enable their patented electronic reverse.

mrquick68

Lifetime Membership
Dec 20, 2004
Kirkland, WA
i probably should check and see if there is any legal reasons against posting the instructions. i get about 2 pms per day on how to do it.

just know that you have to have an 08 1000 and it has to have the reflash done. you pretty much just copy the 09 wiring harness from there.

I

itsadrug

i probably should check and see if there is any legal reasons against posting the instructions. i get about 2 pms per day on how to do it.

just know that you have to have an 08 1000 and it has to have the reflash done. you pretty much just copy the 09 wiring harness from there.
understand, don't stick your neck out. '08 M1000. We'll figure it out.

Premium Features