• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

07' Phazer Mt. Lite Hard Starting

rmk stu

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2008
Roseburg, Oregon
My son's Phazer is having a hard starting issue. You have to crank it for several (10-15)seconds to get it to start, once running it runs great and idles around 1700-1800 rpms. I charged the battery because it sounded like it may turning over a little slow but no change. It has about 1K miles on it and is in excellent condition, could the injectors be dirty, ideas??

Stu:face-icon-small-dis

S
Dec 18, 2008
Laramie, Wyoming
Take it to your dealer. There is a bulletin for a "Cold Start Kit Update" that they can do that changes the way it starts. My wifes 07 was the same until the update. Now it turns over fine.

rmk stu

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2008
Roseburg, Oregon
Thanks for the input guys! What is included in the "cold start update" and is this something Yamaha does for no charge? if not what should I expect to pay?

Stu

S
Dec 18, 2008
Laramie, Wyoming
Honestly I do not know what they did. But I did not pay anything for it. While you have it there make sure they look into the other bulletins and there was a steering recall on the 07 as well.

Prairie Dog

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Beautiful BC
Cold start kit includes a new ECU and they change out the decompression spring. Just had my g/f's Phazer done and it made a huge difference. Her Phazer starts better than my Nytro now.

rmk stu

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2008
Roseburg, Oregon
Just checked with my local dealer and he told me the free update ended in 09' and the cost to install would be around $400. Does this sound right and also does the kit help with warm starts as well, this thing starts about the same hot or cold.

Thanks,

Stu

Premium Features