• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Footwell Tunnel Brace

T

TGitt

Feb 16, 2009
Logan, Utah
I'm sure this has been covered but I can't seem to find it. Who makes a good brace for the tunnel by the footwells. We all know this is a weak spot on the Pro so there has to be some companies addressing this issue. Mine has a bulge in it. The crappy thing is I don't even know what I hit. But I rode it most of the season that way with no issues, I just want something on there so it doesn't get worse. Thanks.

R

rmscustom

Jun 8, 2010
Got mine from AKSNOWRIDER on here. Easy install plus a super guy to deal with. I did both sides. Not sure how many he's making this year.

aksnowrider.jpg

tdbaugha

Lifetime Membership
Apr 18, 2009
USA
I bent mine last year too. First I installed the KMOD/fire n ice braces to fix the bends. They're pretty time consuming to install but should work and do look nice. They're 7075 aluminum.

Fastrax is unveiling some really nice ones this weekend. They're stainless steel, low profile and super easy to install and I feel they're the most effective at preventing future bends.

Good luck!

Snodawg

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Selah, WA
AKSnowrider, Fastrax and VEI that I know of.
Or just make your own, it's pretty simple to do. That's what I did. There are a lot of threads about this subject in the Pro section.

jakey-boy

Lifetime Membership
Jan 10, 2009
Idaho Falls
instagram.com
Tanner, kmod and fire & ice from here in IF make some. They will be at the SLC show I am looking at picking up a set for the footwell and the suspension bracket both while I'm there. Will you be there? If not I can grab you a set as well or something.

4Z

Lifetime Membership
Feb 20, 2002
Western Washington
community.webshots.com
A reliable source told me that Fastrax and Xtreme Motorworks will be selling them at Puyallup snow show this weekend. Supposed to come with 12" long drill bit, rivets, stainless steel "sandwich" plates and 1 hour install with basic tools.... found these on FB

0001JQ.jpg 0001vx.jpg

Last edited:

4Z

Lifetime Membership
Feb 20, 2002
Western Washington
community.webshots.com
I would just call, bet it will be on the sites Monday.
2ujetagy.jpg

FTX and Xtreme Motorworks

tdbaugha

Lifetime Membership
Apr 18, 2009
USA
Any idea on price?

Hey Heath, when you stop by Thursday I can show you these braces first hand. Super easy and quick install and should be plenty strong to prevent footwell damage.

$125 is a steal IMO considering the headache and loss of resale value you get if you do bend the tunnel.

gmustangt

Lifetime Membership
Aug 10, 2009
What needs to be removed for the install?

Can you fit an air rivet gun in there to install?

tdbaugha

Lifetime Membership
Apr 18, 2009
USA
What needs to be removed for the install?

Can you fit an air rivet gun in there to install?

Almost nothing needs to be removed. You take out the 6mm torx head that holds on the black plastic by the footwell to get acces to the area.

You also remove the suspension mounting bolts and 2 chain case bolts but you immediately bolt them back in with the plates installed. So nothing really gets removed like the over structure, chain case, etc. Shouldn't take longer than 1.5-2 hrs to do all 4 plates - it's that easy.

An air rivet gun should work just fine.

T
Sep 10, 2009
Agreed on the ease of installation on these braces. 2 hours max if you are taking your time! Directions are well thought out and easy to follow.

I have been wanting to strengthen that area on my sled, but wasn't impressed by other's braces. I installed these on my 2011 pro, and they will be the first thing I do on a new sled. Great solution to a major problem!

T

Tedd

Apr 14, 2005
Creswell, Or
We have chromoly overlay plates as well as full replacement chromoly plates to solve this problem as well.

More info on the overlay plates can be found here: Tedd Unlimited We also have the full replacement chromoly plates listed on the site if you are looking for a replacement solution.

We will be posting these in the swapmeet section as well.

Last edited:

dttrusko

Lifetime Membership
Nov 2, 2010
Trimountain, MI
x3 on the Fastrax braces. Very good quality and easy installation.. it took about 1.5 hours total to install on my 2011. Nothing major needs to be removed. I'm pretty sure I was able to use an air rivet on all of the rivets.

Premium Features