• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Pro Clamp - Time For a Beer

D
After several days of R&D and intense work by engineers and machinists, it's time for a beer and a happy face. This is a solution that addresses some of the issues that have not been solved with other drive shaft collar designs. End face design, double screws, concentric design, mass symmetry and larger contact area are just some of the unique features of the new Pro Clamp that prevent end-cap migration on the 2013 drive shafts.

Go to the website at http://www.hfrpp.com to see more info, pictures and such.

IMG_2680.jpg IMG_2687.jpg IMG_2692.JPG IMG_2700.JPG IMG_2745.JPG IMG_2727.JPG IMG_2747.JPG

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
Sincerely, I think that it is amazing that a shop with this kind of capability and technical experience .... that also loves sledding can make such big investment in time and energy to pull off products like this!

Regardless of what the factory may think of this... it shows you the PASSION and determination we all have here for Sledding!!

Hats off to you.:yo:

deschutes

Lifetime Membership
Jan 22, 2008
I was privileged to be an observer of some of this process. Seriously cool stuff, and the engineering and machining capabilities of the shop are amazing - they make things that if you talk about them, black whisper quiet helicopters appear overhead. ; )

I am/was amazed at the precision of the parts produced, attention to detail, pursuit of perfection and how easy it was to install.

Here are a couple of additional photos of the R&D and fab process.

IMG_2706.jpg IMG_2744.jpg

Last edited:
K
Nov 29, 2007
Amazing!

Maybe Polaris should just issue every 2013 Pro owner a $200 credit and tell them to purchase two of these collars!

Great work on your design and manufacturing! Thanks!!

wjl

Lifetime Membership
Mar 29, 2008
Eden, UTAH
I would assume you do not need to remove the drive shaft and the removed one in the pictures is to better display or show the collar.
BTW great job and thanks.

M
Nov 27, 2007
manitoba, Canada
Coming from an engineering background, I tip my hat to you. Looks like a quality product, both in design and build. Good job designers and builders.

3 questions now.

What material?
What clearance is left from the clamp to the bulkhead/tunnel?
Price?

wjl

Lifetime Membership
Mar 29, 2008
Eden, UTAH
Coming from an engineering background, I tip my hat to you. Looks like a quality product, both in design and build. Good job designers and builders.

3 questions now.

What material?
What clearance is left from the clamp to the bulkhead/tunnel?
Price?

Web site (from 1st post) http://www.hfrpp.com/
Material 6061
clearance??
Price: $99.00 each

Hope that helps.

B
Sep 30, 2012
Question

First nice product, looks sharp... But how will this address a situation where the driveshaft breaks before the segmented end cap like the one here?

http://www.snowestonline.com/forum/showthread.php?t=327028

I just don't see any clamp creating a union with the end cap design, and maintaining structural integrity throughout the entire shaft, my opinion they will still break, you just won't get any indicators-good/bad I don't know-

B
Jan 4, 2011
Duluth, MN
First nice product, looks sharp... But how will this address a situation where the driveshaft breaks before the segmented end cap like the one here?

http://www.snowestonline.com/forum/showthread.php?t=327028

I just don't see any clamp creating a union with the end cap design, and maintaining structural integrity throughout the entire shaft, my opinion they will still break, you just won't get any indicators-good/bad I don't know-

looks to me that that one did break at the end cap, as you can see it on the right with no part of the shaft left attatched to it. the shaft probably just peeled back making it look like it broke further away from the end cap IMO

T

Tedd

Apr 14, 2005
Creswell, Or
I would assume you do not need to remove the drive shaft and the removed one in the pictures is to better display or show the collar.
BTW great job and thanks.

You are absolutely correct. The shaft does not need to be removed to install the clamp.

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
My only concern with the ones that wrap around the end cap, what keeps them from loosening slightly & sliding toward the tunnel?

Must be something I'm missing as I'm pretty sure that would have been thought of. Nice looking product btw.

whoisthatguy

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2007
So if you grab hold of the driveshaft and attempt to pull that clamp off over the end, how much force is required to do that? Be a pretty handy thing to know.

It also looks like the clamp should be sufficiently wide enough, that it laps over the driveshaft where there is internal ribbing to prevent torsion failures. I would think that it should lap 3/4" minium over that area. In other words, this clamp should be at least 1 3/4" wide. How wide is it?

It also looks like this clamp should be laid in a bed of epoxy.

Last edited:

kidder17

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Saskatchewan
Ordered

Just got off the Phone with Dave and ordered.
Great looking product that I am sure will offer piece of mind and cheap insurance in the back country until Polaris can offer the proper permanant fix.
For $99.00 I am not going to risk losing down time this year to this issue.

I also ordered from Dave the QD Belt tools.

Thanks Again Dave,

Warren

Premium Features