• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Who wants a free guided tour of some of the best riding south of the Border?

sledfvr

Lifetime Membership
Apr 7, 2008
NW MT
IMG_7076.jpg

030-5.jpg

044-3.jpg

IMG_7072.jpg

IMG_6576.jpg

IMG_6633.jpg

IMG_6746.jpg

Who wants a free guided tour of some of the best riding south of the Canadian border? It's not far from Missoula, MT. I've ridden McCall, Cooke, Casltegar, Nelson, Trout Lake, and many more. The only riding that compares to this is Revelstoke. We always tried to keep this area a secret, but the Forest Service closed it illegally for Wilderness B.S and now we need your help. There is a lawsuit filed and we need money to fight it so...Anyone who donates $50 or more to help the fund the lawsuit gets a free guided tour by me.

There is some technical riding so bring your big boy pants. Heres a link with more info: http://www.snowestonline.com/forum/showthread.php?p=3146924#post3146924
Here's a short clip of the area: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2guqk8FRQc&list=FLnUoNlN7w_n_6Fets4hRtKA&index=3&feature=plpp_video
I can also help with recommendations on where to eat and stay in Missoula. Pm me for anymore info.
The date for the guided tour will be January 26th. We get lots of snow early in this area. PM me your name and phone number so I can make a list.
Make your donations here: www.missoulasnowgoers.org

DSC04667ExtremeTeamSurveyor - Copy.jpg DSC04645.jpg Montana 3105.jpg DSC04692ExtremeTeamSurveyor.jpg IMG_7076.jpg

Last edited:

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
HAHA...I took these two pics. I know because that was my old crappy camera with all the fuzz on the inner lens.

attachment.php

attachment.php

I may have taken this one too. LOL
attachment.php

sledfvr

Lifetime Membership
Apr 7, 2008
NW MT
You did take those pics Scott. I'm glad you did too. That must have been in 2007?

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
Yeah, somewhere around there it was the spring that the white Dragons were just revealed. I rode the white prototype that Jared Sessions had with him that day.
Musta been 2008.
That was a beautiful day too...but man, that was a HUGE group. What did we have 34 people or something like that.

snosfun

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
N of Great Falls, MT
Just made a donation. Thanks for putting this up. I have always wanted to ride there but never have made it. I would LOVE to have a guided tour of that area.:face-icon-small-ton

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
Is that top one Pearl Lake? Doesn't quite look like it, but If it is, I climbed out that step-up on the right behind them, starting from the very bottom down at the lake..

Edit, I'm wrong. But i do recognize the middle one of course.

A great guide and even better terrain. You sure as hell ain't going to Burandt's for $50.

IMG_7072.jpg

IMG_7039.jpg

IMG_7076.jpg

Last edited:

skidawg

Lifetime Membership
Apr 10, 2006
Wausau, Wisc.
sledfvr @ might take you up on your offer

Just made a donation and hopefully, can take you up on your offer. Being from Wisconsin I am along way from this area, but felt compelled to donate, seeing my friends and I usually make three trips out west a year. I get very upset about reading of these closures and I agree with you, that if we (meaning everyone that goes out west and rides) needs to donate. Even though I don't live out west, I live and breath riding in the mountains. I will talk to some of the guys I go out west with and see how many more donations I can get from these fellow cheesehead flatlanders.

sledfvr

Lifetime Membership
Apr 7, 2008
NW MT
We get good snow in this area early in the year. The guided trip will be Saturday, January 26th. Pm me your name and phone number so I can make a list.
Thanks to all who are donating.

Last edited:
Premium Features