• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

K Mod and Holz and Timbersled Challenge

byeatts

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Timbersled removed the shocks then put the skid through the travel which gave a visual where the skid coupled and the progression, They produced a Video of this in action on a stand. Lets see K-mod and Holz step up and do this as well so we can see the differences in the after market designs?

byeatts

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
KMOD HAS ONE SET UP AT ALL THE SHOWS SO YOU CAN SEE IN PERSON

That dosnt help the rest of the world. All the claims can be verified in a simple Video, I would llike to see all Three Vids in this thread for a comparison

Last edited:

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
Timbersled removed the shocks then put the skid through the travel which gave a visual where the skid coupled and the progression, They produced a Video of this in action on a stand. Lets see K-mod and Holz step up and do this as well so we can see the differences in the after market designs?
would love to see a racers edge skid in there as well...

byeatts

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
That dosnt help the rest of the world. All the claims can be verified in a simple Video, I would llike to see all Three Vids in this thread for a comparison

Lets also see Racers Edge

G

gman086

Feb 5, 2008
Portland, OR
Good thread that I will be following byeatts! But I do have to say... the last thing I would be looking at with a new XM is the rear skid. That was the only thing I liked about the XM on my test ride last year. I thought is soaked up the bumps and performed better than any other stock suspension by a rather large margin!

Have FUN!

G MAN

smokindave

Canada Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Calgary Alberta
I have a K Mod and a Racers Edge skid.If you have a link to the Timbersled skid video I will take these skids I have and do a video the same way they did and we can compair them...:face-icon-small-hap

smokindave

Canada Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Calgary Alberta
Thats a good video to explain how a aftermarket skid couples.After seeing that I will never try to explain to anyone how they work and will instead send them a link to this vid.
The Racers Edge and the K Mod couple,just a different way.
With the Racers Edge you install different size magnetic blocks and with The K Mod you turn a block to stop travel.
Skids have come a long way since the old M 10 with the jack.
Thanks for the link....:face-icon-small-hap

Last edited:

byeatts

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Good thread that I will be following byeatts! But I do have to say... the last thing I would be looking at with a new XM is the rear skid. That was the only thing I liked about the XM on my test ride last year. I thought is soaked up the bumps and performed better than any other stock suspension by a rather large margin!

Have FUN!

G MAN

Yes I agree. this was only started in the XM area due to this area attracts the die hard riders. Lets see if Tom,s Snowmobile can chime in as well. Although this is targeted to the extreme riders I hope this will actually be a useful thread...

Last edited:

Visi

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Paradise, CA
I'm interested and think its a great thread. There is one in the Yamaha section but just talking about them. Itd be great to see them all work.

R

RPS

May 5, 2011
Kmod video

Here’s a look at the latest Kmod video that was done a few weeks ago. Well done video with lots of information! Couple of things that stick out to me is 20 position clicker shocks front and rear along with corrugated jounce bumpers on both shocks to allow for a more compliant ride with exceptional bottom out protection. I also included a video showing the suspension going down a whooped out trail were you can clearly see how little articulation there is in the suspension when fully coupled. This system has many benefits on and off the trail and the amount of adjustment and ease of adjustment is class leading!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8s9guBzlyuw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-QXZwzaV4o&feature=relmfu
ffice:eek:ffice" /><O:p></O:p>

milehighassassin

Moderator: Premium Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Nov 16, 2005
FOCO/VAIL
Lol, so you think you can just post up a demand and each manufacture should have to oblige?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

byeatts

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Here’s a look at the latest Kmod video that was done a few weeks ago. Well done video with lots of information! Couple of things that stick out to me is 20 position clicker shocks front and rear along with corrugated jounce bumpers on both shocks to allow for a more compliant ride with exceptional bottom out protection. I also included a video showing the suspension going down a whooped out trail were you can clearly see how little articulation there is in the suspension when fully coupled. This system has many benefits on and off the trail and the amount of adjustment and ease of adjustment is class leading!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8s9guBzlyuw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-QXZwzaV4o&feature=relmfu
ffice:eek:ffice" /><O:p></O:p>
Nice. I have always liked the simplicity of the transfer block, It looks to suck up the skid evenly.:rockon:

Speeedracer

Lifetime Membership
Feb 10, 2006
Kanasas
I can appreciate the videos and challenge among manufactuers. I'm interested but not educated enought to determine which one may be better for me

Matte Murder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 4, 2011
Nice video. I wish they would have included video of the skid with no springs on the shocks so we could see it go thru the full range of motion.

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
The nice thing about all the skids mentioned is the huge amount of adjustability. Not every sled and rider are the same, what they percieve as a good suspension for THEM will vary widely. I have been impressed with the K-mod, both construction and function...and the Raptor shocks :face-icon-small-ton
Being able to adjust the coupling is very important IMO, not everyone is running a 250+HP turbo and struggling to keep the skis down....so getting a comfortable amount of lift with whatever power and traction YOUR sled has is what I would look for. In some cases NO coupling is desired.

Premium Features