• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

COOKE IN APRIL

T
Jan 9, 2009
Leaving for Cooke April 8th. Anyone got some insight on how the sow conditoins will be? Just curuius and excited as hell also. Can':dance:t wait!

T

TheBreeze

Jul 23, 2008
Sussex, Wisconsin
It will be deep and hard, deep and slushy, or deep and fresh depending on what happens in the days leading up to your trip, and while you are out there. There will be pleanty of snow pack for sure though. We are planning a trip for the same week. Its still a bit early to get any real feel for if, and when any systems will be rolling through that week. Lets hope for the deep and fresh option!

T
Jan 9, 2009
I guess I'll take what i can get. Not real picky actually. You can never have a bad time out there in my opinion. But fresh snow is always a plus.

S

summithd

Nov 26, 2007
Bozeman, MT
www.summithdfilms.com
Yeah, it will be concrete. All trips should be cancelled! :face-icon-small-hap

Actually some of the best powder days I have had at Cooke were in April! Heck, we've had some stellar days in May. Even a couple decent days in July (not too much powder, but still good riding).

Last edited:
T
Jan 9, 2009
What are ya riding Breeze. I'll keep a eye out for ya. My guess is I will be the only guy in town with a Orange Crossfire 700. We are laeving from Ashland WI. Up north if you were wondering. Keep me posted. Nice to meet up with guys from back home and have a brew or two after a day of riding.:beer;

T

TheBreeze

Jul 23, 2008
Sussex, Wisconsin
We are not sure where we will be heading for sure yet. Probably Cooke, Lolo Pass, or West Yellowstone. We are waiting to see how the jet stream, and weather systems pan out closer to departure.

W
Dec 19, 2009
Zimmerman MN
Out here now. Snow is still good on north facing slopes. Pretty hard everywhere else. I think there is only 4 other people in town riding. Really quiet in town and on the mountain. We r the only ones at the alpine

Last edited:
G

geno

Nov 26, 2007
fresh stuff

There is a fresh layer of snow and its too warm for the concrete conditions. Its much better than I had expected. I was riding in new tracks all morning.

WIS.REV

Lifetime Membership
Mar 5, 2008
Stevens Point, WI
Jacob, I was just on the cameras and saw the truck sitting in front of the Super 8. I was out there 2 weeks ago, and it was still decent. It looks like you will have the hill all to yourselves. That can be good all in it self. Avy conditions were still bad when I was there, but it should be pretty good by now. Have fun and be safe, post up some pics of the week to share with the rest of us. Thanks, Dave
Have faith....I will be out next week:face-icon-small-ton

forecast.weather.gov

Aug 21, 2011
Anyone from south dakota heading up to cooke this weekend. Looking to leave on Thursday and ride friday, saturday, and sunday.

Premium Features