• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Torque Arm Motor Mount

White Rad

Premium Member
Nov 16, 2009
WA to B.C.
I have been getting several PMs everyday about my torque arm with the additional motor mount that reinforces the TCL and supports the jackshaft. If there is enough interest I'm thinking of pulling mine off and using it as a template to have some laser cut. I could put together a kit with everything needed to bolt it on in a few minutes. No drilling required all laser cut out of Aluminum. I have over 600 hard miles on mine now and it works great. No guarantee it is the end all answer to the belt problem but has helped to stop my problem and will do more than Cats jackshaft collar fix! Pm if your interested.

Torque-Arm.jpg Torque-Arm_3.jpg

Last edited:
G

gjp

Oct 29, 2011
Calgary, Alberta
I'm interested. I will talk to my dealer this weekend and see if anyone else is interested in my area (High River / Calgary Alberta). It would be easier on you to shipping a bunch to one place and everyone can pickup there.

If possible, an estimated price would be helpful. You da man.:beer;:beer;

R

rcaustin

Sep 8, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
I'm interested. I will talk to my dealer this weekend and see if anyone else is interested in my area (High River / Calgary Alberta). It would be easier on you to shipping a bunch to one place and everyone can pickup there.

If possible, an estimated price would be helpful. You da man.:beer;:beer;

You bought your sled from Willy @ Chunk Motorsports?

White Rad

Premium Member
Nov 16, 2009
WA to B.C.
Drawing up the CAD files now and comparing prices from cutters. Hope to do first run next week! Slight modification allows for 100% bolt on NO drilling anything. All you have to do is pull the secondary off, remove and reinstall the two lower frame bolts with the bottom mount bracket, and replace two of the jackshaft screws with ones I will include. Will come with mount pressed in to correct depth and all hardware. Think i might be able to do it for $150-$175...seems reasonable less than two belts!

I still feel this design is the most effective because it reinforces the weakest part of the TCL from lateral flex as well as stops movement in all directions and directly supports the jackshaft, which is what we really want to stop from moving!

R

RKT

Jul 19, 2001
Preston, Idaho
www.2strokeheads.com
Drawing up the CAD files now and comparing prices from cutters. Hope to do first run next week! Slight modification allows for 100% bolt on NO drilling anything. All you have to do is pull the secondary off, remove and reinstall the two lower frame bolts with the bottom mount bracket, and replace two of the jackshaft screws with ones I will include. Will come with mount pressed in to correct depth and all hardware. Think i might be able to do it for $150-$175...seems reasonable less than two belts!

I still feel this design is the most effective because it reinforces the weakest part of the TCL from lateral flex as well as stops movement in all directions and directly supports the jackshaft, which is what we really want to stop from moving!

You gonna send me one??

White Rad

Premium Member
Nov 16, 2009
WA to B.C.
Just a quick update guys hope to have these rollin by next week! got as many of the rubber mounts lined up as I could find and scheduled at the laser cutter first of next week!

A
Sep 22, 2008
Great idea just curious what the reason is you didn't fasten the brace to the torque link close to the primary i was thinking of doing something similar but mounting close to the primary by drilling holes with bushings so it doesn't crush the torque link.

Premium Features