• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

New 6.7 Ford

pinko

Premium Member
Dec 25, 2007
Wembley, AB
I have just over 70000 kms on one now. Only issues so far was a couple reflashes. Engne light just came back on recently but seems to be the same issue that was suppoed to be fixed with the last reflash. Other than that nothing to report in 70 thousand hard miles. I find decent fuel mileage too. About the same as my 6.0 1/2 ton. Seems to hang around 15l/100km

jthussey

Lifetime Membership
Sep 3, 2008
Minot, ND Big Sky, MT
Love mine. Great power and mileage. Just did a 1200 mile trip, on the way there with a slight tail/side wind got 19.2 hand calculated. Way home, first tank got 18.1 then the last 300 miles the wind really picked up (35 sustained with gusts to 50) I averaged 14.4. The whole trip I averaged 17. Of course this is empty. Very happy with the truck. 3.31 rear end

M
Mar 7, 2008
Mine runs great.
Interior noise issues which turns out are problems with some trucks and not others. Are some clever tricks to fixing these problems using latex surgical tubing enhancements to your door seals. It is unfortunate in a vehicle that costs 50,000-60,000: should be as sealed at doors and windows as a comparable priced car.
But the thing runs great and that's whats selling them. I have no complaints in that department. Would not rule out a duramax either.

B

bebaldus

Mar 4, 2011
Grangeville Idaho
Thanks everyone. I really like the Fords body stucture reliabilty and look but have drove dodge due to price. I was thinking of finally trading up with the new engine. I have yet to hear bad things and I was guessing I might get a little info on here. Glad to hear everything and hope this is a winner for Ford.

togwotee9

The Baconator
Lifetime Membership
Nov 8, 2008
Council Bluffs, IA
I have 1000 miles on my 2012 F-350 crewcab 4x4 longbox, drove it 300 miles yesterday, got 18 mpg on the interstate doing 70 mph.

S

sortastock

May 26, 2003
De Pere, WI
Thanks everyone. I really like the Fords body stucture reliabilty and look but have drove dodge due to price. I was thinking of finally trading up with the new engine. I have yet to hear bad things and I was guessing I might get a little info on here. Glad to hear everything and hope this is a winner for Ford.

I don't own one, but a coworker does. He loves the truck, but it apparently has a chassis issue. He pulls a lot of heavy 5th wheels with it, and this past fall was pulling a particularly heavy load when the windshield just cracked, out of the blue. He brought it in to the dealer had it replaced, but the next time he pulled a heavy load, it did it again. Their synopsis now is "yeah, that'll happen. We can put another one in, but it'll just crack again."

So he has a brand new truck that he loves, but it will always have a cracked windshield...that wouldn't be okay in my book, but he deals with it.

D
Jan 15, 2009
N.WI
The new Chevy brochure has an interesting picture related to frame twist on Ford trucks. I buy a new truck every year (drive a lot) and had a really bad experience with a 2010 F-250 King Ranch so I went back to Chevy and could not be happier. The Ford is a really nice truck, but nobody at Ford seemed to care about my issues so I did not feel good about buying another one. A buddy had a 2011 F-250 cc/sb 4x4 6.7L and it had a new tranny at 30k. It sounds like a leaking seal that let out trans fluid, but he never had drips in the garage.

B

barry1me

Mar 12, 2009
MI
The new Chevy brochure has an interesting picture related to frame twist on Ford trucks. I buy a new truck every year (drive a lot) and had a really bad experience with a 2010 F-250 King Ranch so I went back to Chevy and could not be happier. The Ford is a really nice truck, but nobody at Ford seemed to care about my issues so I did not feel good about buying another one. A buddy had a 2011 F-250 cc/sb 4x4 6.7L and it had a new tranny at 30k. It sounds like a leaking seal that let out trans fluid, but he never had drips in the garage.

Sorry to hear about your experience with your 2010 6.4L. I had a 2008 6.4L and I loved it, but it only had 65k miles on it when I sold it. No problems with it. The new duramaxs are great trucks and many are happy with them. Theres always someone that has a friend that has an issue with a truck/snowmobile/etc. If your happy with the Dmax stick with them. I know 10+ people with 6.7Ls that came from newer duramax, cummins, and powerstrokes and all are happy with them. The 2011+ powerstroke is a completely different animal vs the prior gen superduties.

M
Mar 7, 2008
Sorry to hear about your experience with your 2010 6.4L. I had a 2008 6.4L and I loved it, but it only had 65k miles on it when I sold it. No problems with it. The new duramaxs are great trucks and many are happy with them. Theres always someone that has a friend that has an issue with a truck/snowmobile/etc. If your happy with the Dmax stick with them. I know 10+ people with 6.7Ls that came from newer duramax, cummins, and powerstrokes and all are happy with them. The 2011+ powerstroke is a completely different animal vs the prior gen superduties.

ok so pursuing comments!
Re: Chevy video/ etc on frame twist - is there one real world story of any of you Ford owners where you experienced the twisted tailgate? I figure it must have happened on the Chevy tests because Ford has an additional 1000 lbs of steel in the truck / heavier axles - etc so bent the truck frame (ok maybe some stretch on the 1000lb difference). Anyway, seems like a pretty silly test unless we hear some real world stories from real world truck drivers to confirm.

Re: Ford - yes there is an additional 3 inches of rear seat leg room in the crew cab compared to Chevy, and the interior cab just looks good. But the interior ride quality / noise level is not as good as Chevy. More rattles/exterior road noise/ddor and window seals not as good as GM. And who can find fault with the duramx engine? Seriously, the 6.7 track record compared to the duramax and cummins track record is still to be decided. I have the 6.7 - so far so good.

Premium Features