• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

PLEASE help me change my mind!!

mmsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Preston, Idaho
hubsperformance.com
My thoughts exactly

I even thought about buying a pro rmk but I think I would rather fix the stupid little thing than be worried about my engine falling apart. I know that I would like the way the pro handles better but everyone I have talked to has or knows some one who replaced there engine last year in there pro. So a new pro climb I am afraid or might just get a hold over. I even asked in the poo turbo section about the engine holding up and not one response if I did that in the cat section I know you all would stand up for the motor.

B

Burn Down

Dec 22, 2008
Boise Idaho
rear skid, ignition timing, Attack 20, low end bog, seat getting waterlogged

I like the attack 20 but will add fouling spark plugs every ride when you first started it, side panels falling off every time you jumped it.

I thought about a Poo/Doo but Im not a fan of the dealers up here... My Cat dealer rocks! So I'm stuck making this Phat Bastage of a Cat my own. The aftermarket & Cat will get it all sorted out. I'm going to ride the Piss out of it and haul it back to the dealer in pieces if need be.

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
I even thought about buying a pro rmk but I think I would rather fix the stupid little thing than be worried about my engine falling apart. I know that I would like the way the pro handles better but everyone I have talked to has or knows some one who replaced there engine last year in there pro. So a new pro climb I am afraid or might just get a hold over. I even asked in the poo turbo section about the engine holding up and not one response if I did that in the cat section I know you all would stand up for the motor.
whoa..really every one had or heard about a pro motor going boom? must be some crappy dealers for poo there..in our whole state I can document 1 motor going(kinked oil line) last season, and have only heard of a dozen or so others up till now on the forums...now you can say you think the cat is a better motor but you have to give the poo some credit..they have held up damn good to this point in time...

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
It was a very tough choice for me also...

Fortunately for me at least 1/2 of the people I know (not assuming this is the real life number) have had motor issues on the pro. A few stock, 2 boosted... that sucks.

I can deal with fixing stupid stuff, and having a slightly inferior sled, (doesn't feel that way to me now that we've got it set up) but I CAN NOT deal with losing a motor in the middle of the year.

If the 12 pro is what they claim, maybe this will be an easy choice from now on.

If I could trust the poo motor, I'd buy a pro, simple choice. It's a better sled if it holds up.

K
Nov 26, 2007
colorado
From what I have seen on snowest there has about 7 proclimb motors that have gone down and 0 pro 2012 gone down, I was going to buy a new proclimb this year but when the issue of no demo rides came up, that completely scarred me away, It made me think to my self that they where behind on R&d and the spindles looked a little scary also. So I snowchecked a pro and after this being said I hope my motor holds up. At lest I will sleep a little better knowing I have a 4 year engine warranty.

mmsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Preston, Idaho
hubsperformance.com
sorry sounded harsh

I can not tell you how many went out. I was just asking dealers and poo riders that I know and I can tell you that from the impression I got they still have a flakey motor . From complete to just top ends and most of them on a stock sled and that scares me and if I buy one its got to be boosted.

whoa..really every one had or heard about a pro motor going boom? must be some crappy dealers for poo there..in our whole state I can document 1 motor going(kinked oil line) last season, and have only heard of a dozen or so others up till now on the forums...now you can say you think the cat is a better motor but you have to give the poo some credit..they have held up damn good to this point in time...

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Red Lodge MT to North, CO
From what I have seen on snowest there has about 7 proclimb motors that have gone down and 0 pro 2012 gone down, I was going to buy a new proclimb this year but when the issue of no demo rides came up, that completely scarred me away, It made me think to my self that they where behind on R&d and the spindles looked a little scary also. So I snowchecked a pro and after this being said I hope my motor holds up. At lest I will sleep a little better knowing I have a 4 year engine warranty.

Thats why I choose a really good dealer, does the proper break in and fixes AC's F*** up's

K

kcdavidak

Dec 4, 2007
ketchikan,ak
ride it like crazy

this year and see what happens .let ac fix all the lttle stuff for next year and trade it in on a 13, thats what i;m going to do. no wrenching cutting tweeking,just going to ride it.

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO

There are WAY more than 7 of them I believe.

There are two in CO that I know of that were not mentioned online., I'm sure there are many more.

The reality is though, there's a BIG difference in having a setup issue, and having a motor that simply doesn't hold up.

I've heard of a few 2012 pros going down, but I also think those are basic setup issues as well, not signs of some real issue. Any real issue will show it's head after some miles, not right away.

H

HOOCH256

Jan 5, 2008
Kalispell, MT
Ya my motor went down but at no fault of AC simply crappy dealer, according to AC when mine went it was only the second motor to go, and right before that there was some guy on here saying 4 in his group went down in Canada so I'm sure the number has been fluffed up by doo and poo guys!

Hands down I love this sled for the whole 30 miles I've rode it, but with what I've done to mine I'm not concerned about anything, diamond s hood, bikeman can, vent kit and some other ordeals ends and I'm done no need to change anything for the way I ride!

Sent from my super duper sweet iPhone using Tapatalk when I should be doing something productive!

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Ya my motor went down but at no fault of AC simply crappy dealer, according to AC when mine went it was only the second motor to go, and right before that there was some guy on here saying 4 in his group went down in Canada so I'm sure the number has been fluffed up by doo and poo guys!

Hands down I love this sled for the whole 30 miles I've rode it, but with what I've done to mine I'm not concerned about anything, diamond s hood, bikeman can, vent kit and some other ordeals ends and I'm done no need to change anything for the way I ride!

Sent from my super duper sweet iPhone using Tapatalk when I should be doing something productive!

diamond s hood, what did you do for an intake. pics

Dam Dave

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Oct 27, 2001
Montrose
Must be terrible going though life never satisfied...........if your that unhappy you wont be happy with any stock sled..............

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Must be terrible going though life never satisfied...........if your that unhappy you wont be happy with any stock sled..............

you still have to take into consideration about the $$$ thing. Its not that its not a good sled but for the money, WTF
they rode it for how many years. They should just take us to demo there mules and we will fix them up in a month instead of 3 years, lol

I still take it over the others, any day

D

Dabull

Nov 26, 2007
utah
Alright this sled gets around awesome for the most part and is surprisingly strong and tough! But.....with all the $hit going on with it I'm getting little fed up! Fuel gauge saying full one second empty the next, jackshaft loosening up, plastics breaking and then only two of the four small screws holding down the hood, sloppy steering post, hood sitting on the pipe, all the noise coming from under the hood of stuff rattling together that shouldnt be, the gay sports bumper that one of the welds cracked just from picking up the front of the sled, the gapping dash hole that you gotta buy a goggle bag to complete, and not to mention the $hitty lack of turn radius that you gotta cut your bulkhead to make right! Don't get me wrong geo and Elvis did an awesome job of fixing this but seriously cat!! I understand this is the first years sled and there is gonna be issues but its kinda ridiculous! Brett is doing a great job of fixing and changing a lot of this stuff but why couldn't cat do that! It's all fine and dandy if you wanna throw the time and money into it but is it worth it? I understand its a sled that is made for the average rider but it is a mountain sled and that's why I bought it! Not to throw money at it to make it start to compete with the competitor! Maybe this is why cat don't really have any of the big names riding mountain sleds for them!

I'm plenty capable of doing the mods myself but I want a sled that I bring home and park it and not have to work on it! As of now its for sale and if someone gives me the cash its sold and I'm buying a Pro! I've bleed green and never looked the other direction but I'm seriously at wits end of having to worry about how its gonnna perform, is it gonna fall apart, or seize.

What do I do?

i said it from the begining buy a pro and your done...love the cat but it aint no pro..:face-icon-small-win

Last edited:

Dam Dave

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Oct 27, 2001
Montrose
Alright this sled gets around awesome for the most part and is surprisingly strong and tough! But.....with all the $hit going on with it I'm getting little fed up! Fuel gauge saying full one second empty the next, jackshaft loosening up, plastics breaking and then only two of the four small screws holding down the hood, sloppy steering post, hood sitting on the pipe, all the noise coming from under the hood of stuff rattling together that shouldnt be, the gay sports bumper that one of the welds cracked just from picking up the front of the sled, the gapping dash hole that you gotta buy a goggle bag to complete, and not to mention the $hitty lack of turn radius that you gotta cut your bulkhead to make right! Don't get me wrong geo and Elvis did an awesome job of fixing this but seriously cat!! I understand this is the first years sled and there is gonna be issues but its kinda ridiculous! Brett is doing a great job of fixing and changing a lot of this stuff but why couldn't cat do that! It's all fine and dandy if you wanna throw the time and money into it but is it worth it? I understand its a sled that is made for the average rider but it is a mountain sled and that's why I bought it! Not to throw money at it to make it start to compete with the competitor! Maybe this is why cat don't really have any of the big names riding mountain sleds for them!

I'm plenty capable of doing the mods myself but I want a sled that I bring home and park it and not have to work on it! As of now its for sale and if someone gives me the cash its sold and I'm buying a Pro! I've bleed green and never looked the other direction but I'm seriously at wits end of having to worry about how its gonnna perform, is it gonna fall apart, or seize.

What do I do?

Have you even ridden one or are you just reading all the internet crap.............

Premium Features