• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Throttle-up Industries running boards?

W
Jan 7, 2008
Excellent product, me and my brother in law installed these last year and we both love them. They clear snow very well and snow does not stick to the plastic. In my opinion they are the best boards avail. Install took about 2-3 hrs, but well worth it.. You will need a sawzall/ cut of wheel, small grinder, drill and a good rivet gun.

mountaincat 800

Lifetime Membership
Aug 12, 2001
Utah
2-3 hrs? Ya the install looks like alot of cutting and grinding. Thats good to hear the snow doesn't stick to them. So you would recommend them?

meathooker

Lifetime Membership
Jan 4, 2008
Boise, ID
2-3 hrs? Ya the install looks like alot of cutting and grinding. Thats good to hear the snow doesn't stick to them. So you would recommend them?

the first set can take some time. after a few you can get this install time to under and hour. i really like how the plastic is incorporated to the board, its a great idea!

if you can wait a couple weeks keep your eye open for the new Feethookers:

www.feethookers.com

finishing up our version for the M currently

W
Jan 7, 2008
Yes, your prob right on the install time. Did both sleds at the same time, side by side. I would definetly recomend them.

pinko

Premium Member
Dec 25, 2007
Wembley, AB
I just put a set on this summer and got to try them out yesterday in the most powder I've ever been in. They are awesome imo. I would of been cussing and kicking at the stock boards. The snow just fell right through these. Wasn't a fan of the install but definitely worth it. One ofmy favorite mods.

K

keeton

Nov 26, 2007
Clarkston WA
Agree with everybody else, install is a bit of a pain (helps to have the right tools) but well worth it. Stronger than stock, and clear snow awesome.

AaronBND

Lifetime Membership
Nov 12, 2005
Cascade Mnts, OR.
I think what most guys are referring to on install is the fact that these boards incorporate and replace the stock tunnel brace on the inside corner and have to sit down completely flush on the running board to get it to line up correctly. They are much stronger this way structurally. You basically drill the rivet heads off the stock tunnel brace in the corner and remove it, cut a "V" shape out of each chevron and then grind down the stock foot traction lips around each opening to allow the new board to sit down nice and flush. If you have a 4" grinder, you just get after it and it only takes about 3-4 minutes per side. When you lay the new boards in there, if the rivet holes on the side of the tunnel do not line up you know you need to grind them down more. When all the rivet holes line up, you are good to go. It is a good idea to have a good rivet gun because they use stainless steel rivets in the hardware so they never loosen up over time like steel rivets will. In the photo below, you see what you have to cut out. The pieces laying on the floor are actually flipped around wrong, but you get the idea. Really not much cutting, just some grinding to get those traction lips down flush. The traction bolts included actually go through all the little metal strips left there in the picture to lock it all together even better. I used a little $15 sheet metal saw from Harbor Freight to make the cuts.

IMG00180-20101017-1544.jpg

IMG00235-20101027-1333.jpg

Last edited:
K

kidrman

Nov 21, 2007
Spokane WA
I think what most guys are referring to on install is the fact that these boards incorporate and replace the stock tunnel brace on the inside corner and have to sit down completely flush on the running board to get it to line up correctly. They are much stronger this way structurally. You basically drill the rivet heads off the stock tunnel brace in the corner and remove it, cut a "V" shape out of each chevron and then grind down the stock foot traction lips around each opening to allow the new board to sit down nice and flush. If you have a 4" grinder, you just get after it and it only takes about 3-4 minutes per side. When you lay the new boards in there, if the rivet holes on the side of the tunnel do not line up you know you need to grind them down more. When all the rivet holes line up, you are good to go. It is a good idea to have a good rivet gun because they use stainless steel rivets in the hardware so they never loosen up over time like steel rivets will. In the photo below, you see what you have to cut out. The pieces laying on the floor are actually flipped around wrong, but you get the idea. Really not much cutting, just some grinding to get those traction lips down flush. The traction bolts included actually go through all the little metal strips left there in the picture to lock it all together even better. I used a little $15 sheet metal saw from Harbor Freight to make the cuts.

IMG00180-20101017-1544.jpg

IMG00235-20101027-1333.jpg

Those do look good. I have their hood cable\vent kit and they make a nice product.

J
Sep 12, 2008
Almont, Co.
Awesome boards. best on the market as far as i am concerned.

Install does take a little time to do a neat job. You will need a very
good rivetgun, or a pneumatic gun(best).

El Gringo

Premium Member
Jan 30, 2010
Calgary Alberta
I have the Throttle Up boards on my 09 M1000 and love them, had CPC's on my 07 the throttle ups work better. As for the install they were both a bit time consuming, and both a big step up on the stock boards.

M

mulestar

Dec 2, 2007
Just installed them but haven't used them, install wasnt hard just time consuming. 4" cutoff on a grinder was key. Also recommend drilling the four corners out before starting to cut (probably only applies to the old style sleds, 05-07). Had hell with those stainless rivets, you will really need an actual pneumatic or equivalent. I didn't have one, so I just indented the break off point off the rivet with a pair of sidecutters to help them break in the right spot. They were breaking on the stem before I did this, they still pulled in good and I am sure will hold fine. Nice boards,happy with them.

fastlane

Premium Member
Dec 5, 2007
southern Minnesota
Just got mine last week- they should be sweet, install doesnt look too bad at all, no different than any other product we buy for these sleds, they all take time and these look like a quality product, we are a microwave society that needs everything right now, fast food, express this and that. Quality goes down hill the faster it is- period.

T

torchred

Dec 31, 2013
Sorry to bump this super old thread, but are these guys still around or did they change their name?

tjcatman

Lifetime Membership
Jan 22, 2008
Greenville Ca.
Boards

I have a used setoff these that I will let go for a good price. Used one year, love them, but decided to go to an airframe type setup. All you would need to put them on is get the correct rivets.

Premium Features