• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Tether cord for the pro

E

enis750

Nov 28, 2007
Area code 306
Anyone have any pics of the plug and where it is?
Hood comes off i take it?
Also where did u mount it? (pics again would be sweet)

Thx!

R

RockinMntKing

Dec 10, 2007
Wibur, WA
Fastrax has one that resembles more of a waverunner type with the plastic clip that goes under the spring loaded peg and simply clamps to the handle bars imo MUCH better then the rubber style that slp and pretty sure polaris sell because the rubber gets soft and doesnt push as well on the lil button in there and if you get snow packed in it it doesn't go on all the way and you constantly find yourself pullin on the rope with one hand and grabbing the tether with the other wiggling it around in order to make the dang sled start! just me 2cents

Norway

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
Fastrax has one that resembles more of a waverunner type with the plastic clip that goes under the spring loaded peg and simply clamps to the handle bars imo MUCH better then the rubber style that slp and pretty sure polaris sell because the rubber gets soft and doesnt push as well on the lil button in there and if you get snow packed in it it doesn't go on all the way and you constantly find yourself pullin on the rope with one hand and grabbing the tether with the other wiggling it around in order to make the dang sled start! just me 2cents

kill_switches.jpg

Buy it here: http://ftxmotorsports.com/index.php?cID=120&ccm_paging_p_b904=9

Last edited:
E

enis750

Nov 28, 2007
Area code 306
just wanted to see if i was on the right track
open up the clutch side door, there was a velcro bag that had a bunch of different plugs in it
it was located kind of ziptied to the frame
this is the what it looks like:

tetherplug1.jpg

or open up the exhaust side door, and right above the coolant bottle, there is this plug:

tetherplug2.jpg

which one is it?
or is there yet another one somewhere hidden???? (keep in mind, mine is a 2012 600 base RMK)

as well for location, I was thinking one of these two spots
will this work ok do you think??

tetherlocation.jpg

RMK-King

Super-Moderator
Dec 25, 2007
North Dakota
None of the above. If you take the hood off there is another bundle of wrapped connectors not far from the top of the steering post. It is a black connecter that a 2 prong end plugs into.

Premium Features