• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Mirage Trailers and staff are the best!!

D

DustNU

Oct 9, 2009
Pleasant Grove, Utah
I would like everyone to know how great the guys at Mirage Trailers are. I recently had some issuses with my 2008 28' Extreme Snow trailer. The dealer that I purchased the trailer from has gone out of bussiness so I contacted Mirage. The gentleman I talked to was very nice and said that they were more than happy to help me out. I arrived at their place in Nampa, Idaho around 1:00pm and before I could get out of my truck they had it unhooked and were ready to get started on the repairs. They even said if I wanted to spend the night they would have it for me the following day. I chose to leave it with them and returned to Utah. The following morning I recieved a call from Rob and he wanted to let me know that they had replace all the exterior panels, did updates to axles, new lights, and a few other things that they had noticed that I hadn't. They left it out so I could pick it up on the weekend. When I arrived my trailer looked brand new!! Remember this trailer was over three years old and out of warranty! They did an awesome job.
I want to personally thank Rob and the guys at Mirage for going above and beyond to do such a great job! This trailer really gets used and has been the best. The guys at Mirage build a great trailer and I couldn't be happier.

T

trackvs2wheels

Nov 26, 2007
Monument, CO
Seems weird...some guys say they have been treated very, very well with basically new trailers while others are not even able to get anyone on the phone and when they do, they are told to go kick rocks...

Very inconsistent stories I guess is what I'm saying...

Glad you were taking care of though!

Ryan

C
Mar 3, 2006
Utah
My buddy has a 2007 Mirage, and they told him the same thing. He called them to ask about a replacing a few things, and they got talking about how the wheels on his got rusted out after the 1st year. The guy told him to bring it up, and he would replace everything for him, including the wheels. He said just make a list of what you want replaced, and they would take care of it.

Service like this would make me buy a Mirage trailer when I'm ready to get one.

H
Nov 27, 2007
Pleasant View Utah
I'm finding these positive experiences, and posts real difficult to understand. I have a thread on the trailer section here expressing issues I have had with my Mirage which I bought new last yr. I made an attempt at contacting these people with my issues and I was basically blown off! They never made any attempts to follow up, contact me, or make sure the issues were handled, yet Rob Swikert, who I am now told is the owner of Mirage, seems to have plenty of time to come on here and make posts etc. I don't know, I must have missed something. What do you think Rob?

Last edited:

swikertrob

Premium Member
Oct 2, 2008
www.miragetrailers.com
I'm finding these positive experiences, and posts real difficult to understand. I have a thread on the trailer section here expressing issues I have had with my Mirage which I bought new last yr. I made an attempt at contacting these people with my issues and I was basically blown off! They never made any attempts to follow up, contact me, or make sure the issues were handled, yet Rob Swikert, who I am now told is the owner of Mirage, seems to have plenty of time to come on here and make posts etc. I don't know, I must have missed something. What do you think Rob?

Where does your dealer fit in concerning your issues?

As stated in my last post, you had two small claims. One was authorized in which funds were sent to dealer for competition and the other was denied, but Mirage offered to send replacement parts at N/C.
I'm confused, did your dealer not perform the work he was compensated for?
Are you having other issues I am not aware of ?
If your dealer is not performing to your expectations, Mirage would be happy to assist you, provided you bring your unit up to the factory.

Keep in mind the whole "sugar / Vinegar" saying goes a long way.

I welcome you call if you would like to further discuss. 208-461-7776

C
Mar 3, 2006
Utah
I honestly think half the problems are in the dealer. Mirage on warranty issues will tell the dealer there gonna send the parts, but only pay a certain amount for labor. If the dealer thinks it's gonna be more than that, then they tell the customer that it's not gonna be covered. It's not worth the dealers time to go to all the trouble, if there only gonna make $50 for 4 or 5 hours of work. JMO, but there's just allot of dealers out there, who don't care about the customers after they've made the sale.

H
Nov 27, 2007
Pleasant View Utah
Rob,

Look all I know is that none of this is my fault. I purchased a brand new trailer last yr, had a problem, and it took more than 7 months to get it addressed. I called Curtis regarding the matter, and instead of taking care of the problem, he just threw another log on the fire, and it really pissed me off! It would seem you are willing to talk about the issue, I see no need to discuss it any further in a public forum. I will call you. Thanks

Last edited:
D

dale dalueg

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Dec 3, 2011
Wow, I was basically told by Rob to go pound sand up my ***.

The trailer was two years old when the rear axle let go and damage the unit. Still had warranty on it, still has for another month or so.

Had to make the repairs to the trailer to get it home and complete the cosmetic repairs to it then. When originally contacted Mirage washed their hands and stayed that way.

I would like everyone to know how great the guys at Mirage Trailers are. I recently had some issuses with my 2008 28' Extreme Snow trailer. The dealer that I purchased the trailer from has gone out of bussiness so I contacted Mirage. The gentleman I talked to was very nice and said that they were more than happy to help me out. I arrived at their place in Nampa, Idaho around 1:00pm and before I could get out of my truck they had it unhooked and were ready to get started on the repairs. They even said if I wanted to spend the night they would have it for me the following day. I chose to leave it with them and returned to Utah. The following morning I recieved a call from Rob and he wanted to let me know that they had replace all the exterior panels, did updates to axles, new lights, and a few other things that they had noticed that I hadn't. They left it out so I could pick it up on the weekend. When I arrived my trailer looked brand new!! Remember this trailer was over three years old and out of warranty! They did an awesome job.
I want to personally thank Rob and the guys at Mirage for going above and beyond to do such a great job! This trailer really gets used and has been the best. The guys at Mirage build a great trailer and I couldn't be happier.

073.jpg 074.jpg 082.jpg

skibreeze

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2005
Colorado Springs
A quality product would not have issues to argue about....

This!

I have heard about issues with these trailers now for years. It really is pathetic. I recently took the entire interior out of my Cargo Mate to insulate it. While doing that, I noticed how basic the construstion is. It amazes me that Mirage has such a hard time making a basic product on a consistant basis.

I don't care how good some of the experiences have been by a few, I would never buy one based on the terrible experiences of many.

swikertrob

Premium Member
Oct 2, 2008
www.miragetrailers.com
Dale Deluag "The Truth"

It's a shame.
It has come to my attention that Dale Dalueg made up his whole story concerning his Mirage Trailer.
He claimed to be the original owner; and he is not, when questioned, he then claimed he co-owned the unit with the original owner, he did not.
He claimed the axle failed after 12 months, it did not.
He claimed the repair cost was $5200, it was not.
He claimed Mirage ignored him, we did not.
He claimed he called the dealer where he purchased the unit, he did not.
He claims to be a “victim”, he is not.

He was very aware the warranty was not transferable from the original owner and did everything, including compromising his integrity, to deceive Mirage.
Mirage offered to repair his unit at no charge if he returned it to the factory, we now realize why he decided not to choose this option.
If he would have been honest from the start, there would have been a totally different outcome.
The fact that he started his own personal "smear" campaign based on lies, is disappointing to say the least, and directly reflects the absence of morals in some individuals.

This concludes this matter.

Premium Features