• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Looking at a loaded up Mirage need opinions and help

S

SNOW JW

Nov 26, 2007
Belgrade MT
www.coderedperformance.com
Last trailer was a Halmark not the best but at the time it was as loaded as they come it had it's problems like any trailer but overall it was a good trailer but now it's time to upgrade.

I am looking at picking up a NEW or Almost new 28ft Loaded up Highmark package. So for those that have this setup or a Mirage what are your thoughts about all the upgrades how they work do you enjoy your trailer things you would change??

I am not looking to turn this into a bash-fest of the old Mirage problems but if you have a new unit 2009 and up with problems let me know.

Also I know this is not the classifieds but if anyone has anything on the lot or a used one Email me at snowjw3090@yahoo.com

Dogmeat

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 1, 2006
Castle Rock, CO
IMO ... Mirage isn't any better or any worse than any other make in the same price range. They have some nice features to them to be sure, but the one I had I wasn't very impressed with the build quality on to say the least. The dealer I bought it from in Casper Wy was worthless, that might have been part of the problem. They pretty much told me to kiss off when I brought a warranty claim on the brakes to them after I'd owned it maybe 14 months.

I just sold my 2007 16' Snow Xtreme about a month ago. Guy I sold it to is totally making it over, but I still think that they could build beefier risers for the axles, etc ... so I'm sure it'll come out nice ....

Climbmax

Lifetime Membership
Jul 20, 2001
Big Mountains of B.C.
I am also considering ordering a Highmark Extreme. Any dealers actually have this trailer in stock in Blackout edition? I can only find one picture but was hoping for some additional.
Sounds like they have had some challenges with CSI but have made steps to look after most customers when they are called out. Thats key.

Relatively new company compared to many others but im still interested as I do think they have listened to the sledder and built something that works for our needs.

My current trailer is a Aluminum Hardwall that has served me well with zero warranty issues but I had to spend 10k over and above to make it what I wanted......heat, cabinets, insulation, stereo, drying racks, etc etc.....Mirage offers all this in that 15k range.

So.....if you have any idea on the best supporting dealer in the PNW or Western Canada and pics of the Blackout......please send them my way.

Safe sleddin :)
Thanks
RS

M

MTdream

Nov 28, 2007
we enjoy ours....very nice to have the heater in it to melt the snow etc. for the next day...love the flooring...

like all things, takes some routine maintenance...

pics of mine when I got it home...

IMG00041-20090426-1235Large.jpg

IMG00042-20090426-1244Large.jpg

S

SNOW JW

Nov 26, 2007
Belgrade MT
www.coderedperformance.com
Well I pulled the trigger on a brand new Mirage unit. I got a 28 foot loaded Highmark Package I also added a dovetail (for loading RZR's and UTV's without clearance issues I highly recomend this add on it was like $160 or so??

I also wanted a window as well.

I looked at about everything and I just liked the whole package they had loaded up it has about everything you can ask for. I had very little time to talk to them and they were very helpfull. I am worried about the quality issues they have had in the past but like everything things change and I feel they have cleaned up there build problems of the past and they seem to me anyways to be built for the sledder and are always looking at new ways to improve there trailers year after year.

I got mine at a great price through

James Risch
American Trailer
2400 S Janeen
Boise, ID 83709
208-562-8796
208-362-3182 fax
www.trailersofidaho.com

He is also on SW and sent me an Email I can't remember his SW user name.

trickedout700

Lifetime Membership
Feb 17, 2004
Great Falls, MT
Ya you will be totally happy with the himark its a sweet package. I had a 07 mirage and just bought a brand new one. There is alot better quality in the new one. And for the price a guy cant go wrong. Post pics when u can

D

dale dalueg

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Dec 3, 2011
Get your axles inspected ASAP, crawl under the trailer and inspect the welds, then crawl along the underside to the rear of the trailer and get some foam sealant or the snow / moisture / salt will get in there and within 3 years it'll look like crap with the oxidization / rust.

Oh, just cause it came with a three year warranty....... Doesn't mean anything they won't honour the warranty.

Well I pulled the trigger on a brand new Mirage unit. I got a 28 foot loaded Highmark Package I also added a dovetail (for loading RZR's and UTV's without clearance issues I highly recomend this add on it was like $160 or so??

I also wanted a window as well.

I looked at about everything and I just liked the whole package they had loaded up it has about everything you can ask for. I had very little time to talk to them and they were very helpfull. I am worried about the quality issues they have had in the past but like everything things change and I feel they have cleaned up there build problems of the past and they seem to me anyways to be built for the sledder and are always looking at new ways to improve there trailers year after year.

I got mine at a great price through

James Risch
American Trailer
2400 S Janeen
Boise, ID 83709
208-562-8796
208-362-3182 fax
www.trailersofidaho.com

He is also on SW and sent me an Email I can't remember his SW user name.

swikertrob

Premium Member
Oct 2, 2008
www.miragetrailers.com
It's a shame.
It has come to my attention that Dale Dalueg made up his whole story concerning his Mirage Trailer.
He claimed to be the original owner; and he is not, when questioned, he then claimed he co-owned the unit with the original owner, he did not.
He claimed the axle failed after 12 months, it did not.
He claimed the repair cost was $5200, it was not.
He claimed Mirage ignored him, we did not.
He claimed he called the dealer where he purchased the unit, he did not.
He claims to be a “victim”, he is not.

He was very aware the warranty was not transferable from the original owner and did everything, including compromising his integrity, to deceive Mirage.
Mirage offered to repair his unit at no charge if he returned it to the factory, we now realize why he decided not to choose this option.
If he would have been honest from the start, there would have been a totally different outcome.
The fact that he started his own personal "smear" campaign based on lies, is disappointing to say the least, and directly reflects the absence of morals in some individuals.

This concludes this matter.

Premium Features