• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Mirage Trailer Warranty

H
Nov 27, 2007
Pleasant View Utah
I would just like to give everyone a heads up on Mirage Trailers.
I purchased a brand new 26' Extreme Snow last Nov. I shopped a lot trailers before I bought one, but I was really sold on the wide front door, poly bead floor, and overall looks.
Shortly after purchasing the trailer I noticed that the front door was not lifting properly. It was hard to lift, and it was making a thumping noise under the roller cover. After using it several times I noticed the spring assist roller was actually rubbing a hole through the cover itself.
In addition to this, I noticed a small dent in the Diamond Plate which runs along the walls and floor.
Following this I contacted the dealer and informed him of the problem. After looking at it he agreed that this should be a warranty issue, and told me he would submit a request to Mirage to authorize the repairs.
I used the trailer less than a dozen times last season, and the very thin aluminum diamond plate lining the bottom of the wall and floor has numerous dents. It is purely cosmetic and will not hold up to the skiis butting against it.
It is now August, and the trailer is still not repaired. The dealer has been on the phone numerous times regarding this issue and he still has not received the parts.
I have also personally spoken with Mirage and all I seem to get is the run around.
I have owned several enclosed trailers over the years, and while none of them have been perfect, at least the manufacturers cared enough to see that the problems we're attended to in a timely, professional manner.
That has not been the case with Mirage.

Last edited:

←snow∞motion→

Lifetime Membership
Jan 18, 2010
WY
Good luck, I hope you get it fixed before the season starts. Sorry to hear about your troubles, I've heard good things about Mirage's warranty and customer service, I'm surprised your having these problems.

Keep us informed on the outcome, I've been shopping for a trailer and Mirage has been on the top of the list. :face-icon-small-con

N

niles

Jan 5, 2009
nw iowa
Does the dealer not have a service center? I would think that they should fix it and be reimbursed by the manufaturer. just my .02

H
Nov 27, 2007
Pleasant View Utah
Yes the dealer here is one of the biggest in the state, and they have a repair facility. The problem has been that Mirage seems to give them the run around when it comes to replacement parts, and the cost of labor to do the work. Initially I was skeptical of the dealers story and had a hard time believing that a company like Mirage would be so unresponsive to dealer/customers needs, but I have personally spoke with a warranty manager at Mirage and I am in disbelief at their unprofessional approach to resolving this issue.

Last edited:

M8Chris

Premium Member
Dec 3, 2007
I'm sorry to hear about your bad luck with mirage. I have been looking
For an enclosed trailer and I really like mirage trailers but after all these nightmare stories people have I will not spend a single penny on a mirage trailer. They need to get their act together. They just went from the top of my list to the bottom.

Racer220

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
43.463558, -110.762496
You should PM rsaint and get some details about what he went through to get his fixed. Quite a discussion on his previous thread about issues with Mirage warranty. The thread is toward the bottom of the first page in this category. His was way out of the warranty period and they ended up fixing most his issues. Wouldn't hurt to ask since he knows first hand.

racer

E

Extreme-One

Nov 26, 2007
Meridian, ID
Sorry you're having so many issues with your trailer... call Curtis and talk to him, he's helped a lot of people with their issues with the trailers. If that doesn't get you any ware then ask for Rob the owner. He will make sure things getting straightened out. I'm guessing your dealer isn't telling you the whole truth.

NorthMNSledder

Trail Coordinator
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Ham Lake / Lake of the Woods, MN
Yes the dealer here is one of the biggest in the state, and they have a repair facility. The problem has been that Mirage gives them the run around when it comes to replacement parts, and the cost of labor to do the work. Initially I was skeptical of the dealers story and had a hard time believing that a company like Mirage would be so unresponsive to dealer/customers needs, but I have personally spoke with a warranty manager at Mirage and I am in disbelief at their unprofessional approach to resolving this issue.

So is your dealer saying that Mirage will not pay them the amount they want to do the work?

H
Nov 27, 2007
Pleasant View Utah
Few clarifications here:
The dealer I bought this from is very reputable. They have been doing business in Utah for as long as I can remember.
I have spoken with "Curtis" at Mirage and as far as I'm concerned he is one of the biggest posers I have ever met.
Before calling him personally, I had numerous conversations with the owner of the Mirage dealership. Having had little success with Mirage himself he suggested that I make a call to see for myself what he had been dealing with. Curtis said the roller cover replacement had been approved, yet he could not explain why the part had not been shipped. He also would not explain why the diamond plate along the floor would not be covered, or why the numerous over tightened and missing screw heads on all the door handles and hinges would not be drilled out and replaced. He did nothing to rectify this issue, instead he passed the buck saying the owner of Mirage would have to authorize the request. When I asked to speak with the owner Curtis conveniently told me he was out of town.
Today I spoke with the dealer again to see if my conversation with Curtis had sparked any response to this issue. He said they have not spoke with anyone at Mirage regarding this issue since their last attempt to rectify the problem in May. The dealer also informed me that as a result of this, and the many other warranty issues with Mirage, they have decided that they will no longer be a dealer for Mirage trailers. The dealer has also decided to step up for me, and has offered to repair all issues on my trailer at his expense.
I would like to thank Sam T Evans for stepping up on this issue, and I will continue doing business with them in the future. As for Mirage, I have a slightly used 2011 26' Extreme Snow that I will be selling as soon as the repairs are complete. Mirage will not get another nickel of my money.

Last edited:

swikertrob

Premium Member
Oct 2, 2008
www.miragetrailers.com
To be very clear:
· On 1/19/11 Mirage received claim from dealer for the spring assist cover issue. The claim was approved on 1/24/11 for parts and labor( warr11-0-11). On 1/27/11 the dealership received payment for labor (inv.w4575) and elected to have parts shipped at N/C in their next load of trailers.
· Concerning the second claim from Mr. Fielding, the dealership submitted a claim (5-3-11) stating that the dents in the 6" ATP wall trim were caused by the customer running into the wall with his skis. This claim was denied (Den-11-012) but Mirage offered to supply replacement parts at N/C in their next load. With all that being said, the replacement parts have sat complete at Mirage since January waiting for Sam T Evans (dealership) to ship their next load.
· To further clarify, Sam T Evans is not the #5 Mirage dealer, in fact they do not even break the top 60.
· Curtis received a call yesterday (8-10-11) from Sam.T.Evans requesting we ship the spring assist cover U.P.S and not wait and put it in the next load, providing no complications, it should ship next week.
It is extremely disappointing when a uninformed customer posts misinformation concerning Mirage's willingness to help our end users. There are always two sides to every story and it is a shame when a customer gets caught up in the middle.

Last edited:
B

Burn Down

Dec 22, 2008
Boise Idaho
Why didn't this Curtis fellow just straighten all this out when Mr. Feilding called... Even if he didn't have the answers a simple investigation would have been all it would take & a return phone call. Then this would have never gotten posted & he would have probably forgotten about his sore *** afterwhile. Not being a dick just saying I see the OPs point.

H
Nov 27, 2007
Pleasant View Utah
To be very clear:
· On 1/19/11 Mirage received claim from dealer for the spring assist cover issue. The claim was approved on 1/24/11 for parts and labor( warr11-0-11). On 1/27/11 the dealership received payment for labor (inv.w4575) and elected to have parts shipped at N/C in their next load of trailers.
· Concerning the second claim from Mr. Fielding, the dealership submitted a claim (5-3-11) stating that the dents in the 6" ATP wall trim were caused by the customer running into the wall with his skis. This claim was denied (Den-11-012) but Mirage offered to supply replacement parts at N/C in their next load. With all that being said, the replacement parts have sat complete at Mirage since January waiting for Sam T Evans (dealership) to ship their next load.
· To further clarify, Sam T Evans is not the #5 Mirage dealer, in fact they do not even break the top 60.
· Curtis received a call yesterday (8-10-11) from Sam.T.Evans requesting we ship the spring assist cover U.P.S and not wait and put it in the next load, providing no complications, it should ship next week.
It is extremely disappointing when a uninformed customer posts misinformation concerning Mirage's willingness to help our end users. There are always two sides to every story and it is a shame when a customer gets caught up in the middle.

Not sure who is posting for Mirage here, but after the conversation with Curtis, a follow up call, or even a pm would have gone a long way to rectifying this issue. Please just see the warranty thru.

Last edited:
D
Sep 20, 2009
Ogden
Hairdryr-
Sorry to hear about your problems, it can be very frustrating. We went through the same thing with the dealer and Mirage over an axle issue. Instead of playing the shipping game and waiting to see if the failure would be approved, we went ahead and fixed it out of pocket and sold the dang trailer (best decision yet). I would just get the door fixed and try to sell it, if it were me....

R
Dec 22, 2007
Alberta
Sounds like your dealer is about as good as the one I bought my trailer from, got the royal runnaround. In the end Mirage trailers looked after my concerns a year after warrenty expired. The work they done was striped it down sandbasted and painted frame reskinned whole trailer and all new hardware and lites. As far as the metal along the floor that you have dinted or marked up gotta shake my head on why its Mirages fault you run into it with your skies. But they are going to replace it by look of it. My end result is my trailer looks brand new and no trailer is built perfectly.

H
Nov 27, 2007
Pleasant View Utah
RSaint,

I'm glad you had your issues addressed and you are happy with your trailer. Didn't I read a thread you had posted previously about what a piece of junk your Mirage was? And how they blamed you for all the issues you were having? Evidently you are also a much better rider than I am, and your skis never touch the walls right? The whole reason trailers are lined with diamond plate along the inside of the walls is to protect the walls from the skiis or any other light impacts. Mirage is using a thin aluminum diamond plate which is not even fastened to the floor. It looks nice when it is new, but it is purely cosmetic in my opinion.

Last edited:
M

madmini660

Nov 6, 2008
lewistown mt
haha glad it's not just me that has had a go around with this trailer manufacture I had one that an axle fell out of and they wouldn't man up tell after it was fix then they said they might have a problem with the welds haha might wont see another one on my lot or behind my truck I spend to much money on sleds to put them in one of those trailers just my experience gets old fighting with them to get stuff fixed

D

dale dalueg

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Dec 3, 2011
Warranty, what's that. My trailer is two years old, less when the axles failed and caused major damage. I called Rob and no luck on getting them to man up about their poor quality controls or many issues with their product.

Good luck if you expect the warranty to be real.......

swikertrob

Premium Member
Oct 2, 2008
www.miragetrailers.com
It's a shame.
It has come to my attention that Dale Dalueg made up his whole story concerning his Mirage Trailer.
He claimed to be the original owner; and he is not, when questioned, he then claimed he co-owned the unit with the original owner, he did not.
He claimed the axle failed after 12 months, it did not.
He claimed the repair cost was $5200, it was not.
He claimed Mirage ignored him, we did not.
He claimed he called the dealer where he purchased the unit, he did not.
He claims to be a “victim”, he is not.

He was very aware the warranty was not transferable from the original owner and did everything, including compromising his integrity, to deceive Mirage.
Mirage offered to repair his unit at no charge if he returned it to the factory, we now realize why he decided not to choose this option.
If he would have been honest from the start, there would have been a totally different outcome.
The fact that he started his own personal "smear" campaign based on lies, is disappointing to say the least, and directly reflects the absence of morals in some individuals.

This concludes this matter.

newmy1

Lifetime Membership
Sep 3, 2008
Huskerland
Sure is a lot of threads about mirage. Lies or not when these stack up like this your sure have to question who is lying. I don't see threads like this on other brands. Pretty hard to look past this when in the market for a trailer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Premium Features