• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2011 Summer Project

richracer1

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2011
Idaho Falls, ID
2011 Summer Project - DONE

I decided to do some major mods to my 09 700 RMK this summer. So far, here's the list of mods I'm doing and hopefully able to do:

Engine rebuild w/SLP 777 kit (at SLP now)
Polaris "Saw Blade" brake rotor to replace the solid rotor
Mtn Tamer w/IceAge rails (Mtn Tamer & wheels are red - rails are black)
***CE 155" track (pending funds)
Avid drivers (Thanks to "rmkboxer")
Powder coat tunnel/bulkhead black other parts red - tried to match Timbersled's red on these parts.
Skinz front & rear bumpers - red
Skinz Air Frame boards - black
PDP "SHOCKER" flap
(Gloss Black and "Red Baron" red are the colors I went with)

Previously installed items are:
BOSS seat
Barkbusters - red
Powder Pro skis
Various SLP venting (I had the footwell vent frames coated black)

Now the pics:
The starting point(all pics are thumbnails so click for larger view):

Last edited:

richracer1

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2011
Idaho Falls, ID
Hopefully this weekend I can finish installing the Air Frames since I got my order of Lord's 406/19 a few days ago. I need to finish the front bumper mounting which is painting and iinstalling the OEM hood mount bracket. Then get the bearing installed on the driveshaft and get it in so I can check the rails tips to Avids for clearance and trimming. FWIW, this is the first time I've ever took apart a sled. Also wanted to include why I went with the "shocker" flap as it's kind of a funny personal joke. This pic is of my left hand - the natural shocker - created by an accident involving the boom of a crane while I was in the AF stationed at Grand Forks AFB, ND. Crane - 1, Rich's hand - 0.
100_0241.jpg

Last edited:

Ski-Dont89

Lifetime Membership
Mar 2, 2010
WYOMING
that is looking sick man!!! im going to be doing some powdercoating this summer on a project only im doing red/white instead of red/black. good work!!

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Hey Rich.
Your welcome to borrow my gun and I have some spare Lord adhesive if you need it as well!

Looks like your going to have a KICK *** sled next season bro!!

richracer1

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2011
Idaho Falls, ID
Thanks for the comments. I still have to buy the shocks for the skid before I consider buying a new track. Christopher, I already bought what I need for applying the Lords adhesive, but thanks anyway. You ought to look into ADP "ultimate" colored rivets for your reassembly. I bought a bunch of black & red for my sled.

Last edited:

richracer1

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2011
Idaho Falls, ID
I forgot to mention that I found a small crack in a spot weld toward the top of the steering post. Suggest people give their post a good look. Inspected the rest of the front framing as well, but didn't find anything.

richracer1

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2011
Idaho Falls, ID
:face-icon-small-ton Silly me, I haven't included any pics of the skid. I'm really curious on trimming the rails to run the Avids, if any is needed, with the minimal amout of rail that's forward of the anti-stab set-up. I'll find out soon enough.
These are the 2009 version of the IceAge rails for the Mtn Tamer. The 2010 version has an extra set of holes forward for mounting the suspension. Timbersled had these rails (and still do) for $293 or close to that. The wheels and rear axle are from CE Concepts out of Eagle, ID (I think). The hifax is obviously black and graphite impregnated. I didn't see spending the cash to get them coated only to run white hifax.
100_0245.jpg

100_0244.jpg

100_0243.jpg

100_0242.jpg

richracer1

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2011
Idaho Falls, ID
Busy day as I got the Air Frames installed (The Lords 406/19 really smells bad - also used 1/2" headed rivets down the tunnel and 5/8" headed rivets on the drop down bracket), temporarily installed the driveshaft w/Avids, and the skid to check for rail to driver clearance. I had about an 1/8", so out came the files, grinder, and so on. Clearance is now about an inch.

Also noticed on FTX Motorsports website this morning that they have a one piece motor mount for the IQ chassis that wasn't horribly expensive, so that's on the way.

richracer1

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2011
Idaho Falls, ID
Just an update of my progress. A little bit more, the skid is temporarily in, got the Skinz front bumper/hood hinge fully installed along with the belly pan. Waiting to put the sides on till I install the engine, clutches and chaincase and whether I decide on buying a new CE 155" track.

100_0246.jpg

100_0247.jpg

100_0248.jpg

S

sledfreak89

Apr 30, 2009
Milford, MI
That is looking REALLY good man.

The red and black in gloss looks awesome!

Cant wait to see the finished result.

-Matt

milehighassassin

Moderator: Premium Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Nov 16, 2005
FOCO/VAIL
Hopefully this weekend I can finish installing the Air Frames since I got my order of Lord's 406/19 a few days ago. I need to finish the front bumper mounting which is painting and iinstalling the OEM hood mount bracket. Then get the bearing installed on the driveshaft and get it in so I can check the rails tips to Avids for clearance and trimming. FWIW, this is the first time I've ever took apart a sled. Also wanted to include why I went with the "shocker" flap as it's kind of a funny personal joke. This pic is of my left hand - the natural shocker - created by an accident involving the boom of a crane while I was in the AF stationed at Grand Forks AFB, ND. Crane - 1, Rich's hand - 0.
100_0241.jpg

I'm glad you found it as funny as I did. I felt kinda bad because I thought it was the shocker and then read your post. :second:

Premium Features