• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Diamond Drive Clutch Kit and bdx 10.4 secondary on m7 ??

C
Mar 20, 2011
I know i kinda already asked but just was gonna try get some more opinions and input and start a new thread. What does everything think about this combo ?? Also i have read the rk tek kit is finiky and requires lots of adjusting and tuning is that true ??? Lastly i ride in B.C 5000-8000ft what should i use for wieghts and what for springs. I do lots of powder riding in the deep and steep lots of climbing carving and boondocking. Thanks in advance for all the input and help just need to get this sled going within the next 2 weeks as we got a big trip planned and dont know to much about the artic cats and just wanna get it running like it should and rock the m7 :hat:

Last edited:
C
Mar 20, 2011
some more help really need to get this sled going does it sound like its the clutching to you guys ?? When i am climbing i cant climb nearly as another stock m7 that was beside me i bog down on the top end and loose like all my speed and have to really work the sled to get it to crawl over the top.. Everyone i talked to thinks its that including the dealer and some mechanics. Does it sound like anything else i was reading about water in the airbox ?? Something about the bellows and bedning not letting air in ?? What about the servo ?? Just before i bought the sled the power valves were cleaned thats what the husband of the wife said. What does it sound like to you guys ?? really need ideas all help is greatly apreciated :face-icon-small-hap

C
Mar 20, 2011
some help pls need to get this sled going. I will be going to a turbo shop tomorrow to talk to a guy i know that builds alot of turbos and is big where i live and guys come down from the U.S to get there sleds built by him he should know or have an idea but just want more opinions. Thanks

Last edited:
M
Mar 18, 2011
Manitoba
I ride flatlands and powder swamps, so i dont have mountain experience but i am sure your secondary bacshift rollers are pooched and your secondary wiil not backshift. Try rebuild it and install a straight 36, get rid of the 44-40 ,also try a goodwin blue sec spring and the stock primary first. I didnt catch your original post so i dont know whats done to your ride!

C
Mar 20, 2011
I ride flatlands and powder swamps, so i dont have mountain experience but i am sure your secondary bacshift rollers are pooched and your secondary wiil not backshift. Try rebuild it and install a straight 36, get rid of the 44-40 ,also try a goodwin blue sec spring and the stock primary first. I didnt catch your original post so i dont know whats done to your ride!

here ya go !! and instead of rebuilding the secondary wouldnt i just be better off getting the 10.4 bdx secondary ????

Heres the first original thread http://www.snowestonline.com/forum/showthread.php?t=264049

F

Freeride1

Dec 13, 2007
New Hampshire
I thought BDX just sold sheaves for $200? I showed you where to gt a complete clutch with a 42/36 and an orange spring for $150. Can't beat that deal. It even came with new rollers. If that doesn't keep the revs up you have other problems, too much weight on primary or a horsepower probelm.

R

rmscustom

Jun 8, 2010
Need more info

Maybe if u told us what your current clutch set up is we could give u more info. (What weights, what primary spring, what helix and secondary spring). and things to check. belt deflection (belt should ride about an 1/8 inch above secondary or about a 1 1/2 deflection in the middle) I like mine so the track will creep a little on a stand. Worn out clutches. check rollers, weights and spring in primary. check rollers and spring in secondary. power valve cable lenght, cant remember the lenght but im sure u can look it up on here. always tune with a new broken in belt. imo 87 octane only with your setup.

C
Mar 20, 2011
Maybe if u told us what your current clutch set up is we could give u more info. (What weights, what primary spring, what helix and secondary spring). and things to check. belt deflection (belt should ride about an 1/8 inch above secondary or about a 1 1/2 deflection in the middle) I like mine so the track will creep a little on a stand. Worn out clutches. check rollers, weights and spring in primary. check rollers and spring in secondary. power valve cable lenght, cant remember the lenght but im sure u can look it up on here. always tune with a new broken in belt. imo 87 octane only with your setup.

I will tell you guys when i work on it with my dads friend

E

everytime5.9

Jan 23, 2009
IDAHO
BDX was out of the 10.4 sheaves a few weeks ago. Call first before ordering... The 10.4 will only help in the off idle take off...So basically initial engagement

C
Mar 20, 2011
BDX was out of the 10.4 sheaves a few weeks ago. Call first before ordering... The 10.4 will only help in the off idle take off...So basically initial engagement

well the guy at my turbo shop is going to help me get it going i should be takeing it to him tomorrow so he can look at it real quick then were gonna get it running right and all with him and my dads friend gonna help me do some stuff and then im going to put on a 8'' bar riser and getting a custom decal kit and taking off the lefty throttle. Then i might put on the the rk tek i think thats worth it. But for the money i dont think im going to do the 10.4 bottom end is nice but im not to obsesed over it i dont want to catwalk plus i dont think it would do much i want to to have track speed and i dont think it would be worth it i might do the rk tek upgrade and then like a pipe and controll box i dunno i want some bigger gains but dont want to go with twins .. anyone got any ideas ?? Also what do you guys think ??

Premium Features