• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

spark plug wires...

W
Nov 8, 2008
saskatchewan
at 1000miles i noticed my plug wires (from coil to spark plug boot) are rubbing thru on each other! anyone else have this issue? the wires DO twist out, but where do i get new wires?? A/C wants to sell me a coil assembly. can i go to a napa store and use standard plug wire??

m8magicandmystery

Lifetime Membership
Jan 20, 2008
Yukon
if they are not rubbed through snip the end a quater inch..put them back on and slide split loom over them

B

b1dodge

Nov 26, 2007
utah
www.youtube.com
go to NAPA and buy one long steel core 7mm plug wire (about 4 bucks) do NOT buy suppression wires !!! steel or copper core only!!!! cut to match the factory length. screw onto coil packs and then screw on boots. Done.

F

FrostBite2010

Jan 9, 2010
Haines, Alaska
Yep, get some good quiality spark plug wires and just cut to length and screw them in. Cheap and easy. Be sure to use the same caps or get some that offer the same resistance as stock.

CRJPilot

Lifetime Membership
Jan 18, 2008
Farmington, MN
at 1000miles i noticed my plug wires (from coil to spark plug boot) are rubbing thru on each other! anyone else have this issue? the wires DO twist out, but where do i get new wires?? A/C wants to sell me a coil assembly. can i go to a napa store and use standard plug wire??

I had the same problem, all 4 wires, the little clips that are supposed to keed the wires from touching eachother had slipped down too far and started wearing on eachother from vibration. Called dealer and they replaced all four coil packs ($170 each), under warranty!

If out of warranty, just wrap some tape around em and run them, all 4 coils fire at the same time, so even if they wear through, they will not short out on themselves, only if they arc across to somehwere else on the chasiss.

Premium Features