• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

06 and up billet CC cover

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
just looking at the pics, i know its a proto but is there a "hump" in the cover for the upper grear clearence...or are you having a removable piece there..would imagine it cost more to have that hump machined in there with more material..

just curious ;)

but it does look great...i love the tracks in the cover...really makes it POP

POLZIN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Farmington NM
Yep ! I can start with .500 flat bar .I also just wanted it to be different. I have a very cool cap in my mind turned from round stock It will look similar to the factory "Hump" but be held on by 3ea 6-32 screws. They may not all be as detailed but these are yours and mine!:face-icon-small-hap I think I deserve to have a billet cover for my own sled . I am going to do some trick stuff on mine . powder coat then machine the pockets leaving the flat parts coated then clear over all. It should be pretty!

It needs some minor tweeks and its good hopefully I will get it done this weekend.

I am anticipating these will be around 125.00 shipped and should be available within the next two weeks !

These will fit most/or all polaris mountain sleds and many others from 2006-2010.

Last edited:
B

BIGGDAWG

Jul 6, 2001
Waverly, Iowa
here i thought i was done with mine and now you have to up and do this darn you anyhow. now i have to spend more money :face-icon-small-win

POLZIN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Farmington NM
here i thought i was done with mine and now you have to up and do this darn you anyhow. now i have to spend more money :face-icon-small-win

I saw that you found a billet cross memeber but thats next on my list ! Yours is paid for already .:face-icon-small-hap but I hope you never take the engine out again to install it !

POLZIN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Farmington NM
I worked the bugs out last night and have it fitting like a champ! should be able to run a second prototype tonight . I can go with out the "hump "so the cover will be flat on the outside. It should end up lighter that the stock cover Too.

B

BIGGDAWG

Jul 6, 2001
Waverly, Iowa
I saw that you found a billet cross memeber but thats next on my list ! Yours is paid for already .:face-icon-small-hap but I hope you never take the engine out again to install it !

i had a buddy help me make it. didn't turn out too bad. not as pretty as yours is going to be. :face-icon-small-win

and you know me i sometimes just pull the motor for fun lol

POLZIN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Farmington NM
Your on the list Dave ! You have been ! I cant find the list though :face-icon-small-dis! How bout I just make a bunch!:face-icon-small-coo

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
hey Kreg.

when you do you think you will have one ready for a cool fella in MT ;)

its almost time to start that baby and see if anything even work, lol!!

POLZIN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Farmington NM
Heres a pic! mounted and holding oil in an 08 dragon ! i considered eliminating the hole on the top because there isnt really a need for it ,but after having installed it on this dragon and seeing what a pain the fill hole is to get to i am going to waterjet a simple cap and use 3ea SS screwws to attach it.

DSC00168.JPG

Last edited:

POLZIN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Farmington NM
hey Kreg.

Is there any cool guys in MT?:laugh: A few more days on yours. I have enough material in stock to make 2 more! 1 for me 1 for you ! I just need time to run them !

rmk2112

Premium Member
Nov 21, 2009
Kennewick, WA
www.northstar-plumbing.com
hey Kreg.

You were only cool when you had your stache, you are now back to just being a tree magnet. So, just give me yours and put your name at the bottom of Kreg's list.

Cough**Ahem**Cough KREG, I hope I'm still near the top of that list. :face-icon-small-win:nod::face-icon-small-coo

Premium Features