• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

M10 suspension help

T

thinksnow

Nov 26, 2007
DICKINSON, ND
Guys/Gals,

I am looking at purchasing a used M10 suspension. The seller says it was built and setup by Fastrax. It has titanium springs, billet CR 162" rails, billet idlers and rear wheels and Fox shocks. It was on an Apex Mtn and comes with the mounting brackets.

Please take a look at his pictures and let me know what you think. What is it worth? Is this the suspension to have for a turbo Apex Mtn? Is there anything that I should watchout for or ask about?

Let me know what you think.

This person might be a member of this site so be nice.LOL

Thanks

Sus#1.jpg Sus#2.jpg Sus#3.jpg Sus#4.jpg

L
Jan 2, 2008
Cranbrook BC
looks good, the only thing i have ever seen as being a problem for bigger riders on the m10 in the rear t bar for the rear shock cracking. the one in the 3rd photo of yours. look up inside the tunnel to where everything is welded. but that is a weak point for all suspensions, the one for my timberskid is even slightly bent.

B

boosted metal

Apr 4, 2008
kelowna,b.c
I would say the original rails broke at the front bumpers. Replaced w chads rails. CR's dont have that issue. I would check the upper arm rear cross shaft for being straight. I would replace the bottom shock cross shaft. Cheap peace of mind.

Last edited:
T

thinksnow

Nov 26, 2007
DICKINSON, ND
Looks like we might have a deal on the suspension. Is $2500 shipped too much or is it a good deal?

How hard are these to mount up? He is including all the mounting hardware and brackets. The problem is my tunnel isn't stock. It is made out of little weight aluminum fashioned after CarbonDaddy's carbonfiber tunnels.

Any input would help guys.

Thanks

B

BigFish BC

Jan 27, 2005
kitimat b.c
thats a good deal fastrax is one of the best at setting them up plus it looks like it has all the best parts cr rails ti springs,light h arm it is a 4-5000$ skid new.

T

thinksnow

Nov 26, 2007
DICKINSON, ND
Update....

I bought it and installed it as per Curt at Fastrax.

Now the problem. How much track sag is too much? I have the adjusters maxed out and I still have almost 3" of sag. I know I never ran that much with the stock suspension, but is that too much for the M10???

HELP!!!

We are leaving on Monday for a week trip out west!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Polarisrocks

Lifetime Membership
Sep 22, 2002
Eastern Wa
I think 3 inches is too much. mine has about 1 inch and i run avids and it doesnt slip. If you have room, you can install a bigger top idler wheel and it will take up some of the slop, or run a 8 inch wheel in the rear. You know the skid gets tighters as it compresses, so you dont want it too tight or the skid will seem hard/stiff. Call up curt and chat with him... one of the best around!!

T

thinksnow

Nov 26, 2007
DICKINSON, ND
Curt gave me wrong measurements. I need to have it mounted 8" back from the drivers not the 6.5" that he told me to mount it. Great--more holes in the tunnel and more rivets to buy.

I am running the stock suspension again. No time to mount the M-10 until summer now. Oh well, not the first time something like this has happened to me.LOL

Thanks for the replies.

philsummers21

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Big Horns, Wyoming
Just a side note on the m10 they dont handle big jumps. Found out the hard way and blew my rear shock all to hell. On a 2nd note the sled REALLY runs like a dream now with the rebuilt shock back in. I think the shock was toast when i bought it cause its a night and day difference now. And its a fastrax m10 as well. Very satisfied.

Premium Features