• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

World Record Ice Dragger in a Turbotater built 1500.

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
Turbotater can build engines.....
It's a 1500cc ice dragger that's doing 660' in 4.87 seconds. It's FAST!!!!!

Last edited:

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
Here is the report on this sled from the engine builder, Turbotater....

My understanding is those runs on the vids are the testing before they went to the World Series and before he bored the carbs.
They upped the engagement and got rid of the slight stumble off the line, sounds good just after that but sounds like its laying down a bit the further he goes.
He didn't have needles that were lean enough to be able to adjust his power jets (46mm Big Airs) and he was only making 1054 egts so it shoulda been layin down. lol
After they got rained out at the World Series, (there was him and one other left for 1st and 2nd) he bored his carbs which in turn let him lean out a bit and got it up into the low 1100 egts. He didn't get to test or tune the bored carbs so when he went back to finish the WS two weeks later he got beat out and had to settle for 2nd. Then the next day they all ran the Outlaw Shootout and he won it. Thats where he ran the 4.87s. The record in his class is 4.86 by a sled 60lbs lighter with a $30k 4 banger.
I'd like to see some vid after the changes, Daryl says its totally different.
His new chassis should drop approximately 45lbs, then get the carbs leaned down for another 100 or so degrees things are gunna get crazy.
Can't freakin wait!!! I might have to fly out there this season.

The new chassis will have a 13.5" wide track instead of the 15.
That will get rid of 6lbs of rotating weight. Should help the top end quite a bit also.

That was the only test runs before the World Series.
Not a bad season for his first season of racing and in the big classes.

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
I am NOT a drag racer either...but that will be cool to see.

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
Sledchick, you should change your location to "Utard wannabe." LOL

(don't kill the messenger, SUNRIDGE gave that term to me) LOL

D
Dec 2, 2007
Yes This is my sled with Todd Serra as the driver. Will be much faster next season
Thanks to Wayde (turbotater) for doing the top end and a master at porting. Minecat you are right on with motor specs.

Wayde thanks for all your help and friendship!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DG Mount Racing

Daryl

Last edited:

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
That's cool Daryl. Thanks for emailing the vids to me.

Hopefully I can see that thing in person next fall.

Wayde was standing in my kitchen last night at 12:30when you guys were texting back and forth. LOL

D
Dec 2, 2007
That's cool Daryl. Thanks for emailing the vids to me.

Hopefully I can see that thing in person next fall.

Wayde was standing in my kitchen last night at 12:30when you guys were texting back and forth. LOL

Scott

Thanks for starting this thread and posting the vids. Its going to be a wild one next year with the new chassie and 52mm big air carbs. looking for a 4.65 660' or better and a new World Series record.
Wayde your a grin, LOL

Daryl

DG Mount Racing

Last edited:

Turbotater

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Magic Valley, Idaho
Daryl got a call this weekend and was informed of the fact that he has the second fastest et ever recorded at a national event in the 660 on ice for a full bodied N/A Outlaw sled.
Congrats Daryl, thats awsome for a first season racing.

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
Second fastest ever? WOW!!! AWESOME!!!!

Does he have vids of that?

Premium Features