• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

M7 geo mod clarification

D
Jan 24, 2010
Wyoming
I have been seaching through forums trying to figure out exactly what geo mod is for an 06' M7, I have read about moving spring holder back 1-1/2" to 2", also read about moving rear suspension mounting bolt forward, I just never saw that recommended for an 06' just 08's any help would be great

thanks

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
for the -07, from my understanding (it's what I did anyhow) you move the torsion spring slider back, the other mounting point change was for the newer style skid.
On my 07 it made a big difference in transfer & overall ride.

Frostbite

Lifetime Membership
Dec 15, 2007
Eastern Washington
I would like to do the Geo mod on my RX-1M as well. I just did it on my 09 M8.

It has a 06 M7 skid under it with the Holz transfer brackets installed. Does anyone have the measurements on where exactly to relocate the holes?

A

Arctic Thunder

Dec 7, 2001
Lewiston, Idaho
for the -07, from my understanding (it's what I did anyhow) you move the torsion spring slider back, the other mounting point change was for the newer style skid.
On my 07 it made a big difference in transfer & overall ride.

could you give me a couple more details on what you did here?

I know the original Geo mod worked on the fox float rear skid but I tried it on my 07 with the torsion springs and it didn't work. made the rear skid stiff as hell. So it is back to stock now.

But backcountry what did you do to your 07 skid? I am interested. I want it to transfer more.

Thanks

Thunder

RickM

Premium Member
May 25, 2006
Central Wyoming
diesel49

I will look thru my photos library and send you a picture of the Geo mod for the M7, Its the only photo I have of it. You move the nylon spring support back as shown in the photo, this gives a earlier starting rate for spring compression, and gives a better ride. Also shown is the Holtz front suspension reloacation bracket, you need one of those also. improves the ride a lot. RickM

geo%20susp%20mod%202%2EJPG.jpg

Chewy22

Lifetime Membership
Oct 17, 2009
Montana
I don't have any pictures, but like said above, on my '06 M7 I drilled a new slider hole 1 inch straight back from the original. Overall made a significant change in the ride. Sled seems to sage a little more when you step on it, but well worth it. I also moved the spring tension block up one for my recommended weight.

The Holz relocate bracket is also important.

Simple easy mod - highly recommend.

Last edited:
D
Jan 24, 2010
Wyoming
Thanks for input, that was axactly what I needed to know, hopefully will help with trenching, I can not complain about my ride after Zbros where installed in front and rear

Frostbite

Lifetime Membership
Dec 15, 2007
Eastern Washington
I see the picture shows the slider in the front hole. I am assuming from what I have read that the slider is moved to the hole 1" directly behind the original.

Is that all that's done to complete the mod?

Nothing is done with the drop down brackets?

The stops for the rear scissor isn't moved either?

Thanks for the picture.

Premium Features