• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Got My Impulse Nytro *Test Ride Video*

G

GRINreeper

Jan 5, 2010
Kelowna B.C.
The day finally came...

Big HUGE thanks to chad at CR Racing for building this beast, as well to take the time to put up with my anxious phone calls everyday ! however you should start selling diapers as I would have found them handy riding this thing for the first time. :face-icon-small-con

Here are some shots of my new sled running about 15#'s
<object width="873" height="525"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/XrhX9DTTXgg&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999&hd=1&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/XrhX9DTTXgg&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999&hd=1&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="873" height="525"></embed></object>

DooTraxx

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Calgary, AB
It sounds like the fuelling is not quite spot on. Does a little spitting and sputtering or is this just how they sound. Cool vid though! Am really thinkin of jumping ship from Doo to a turbo Nytro.

M
Jan 14, 2004
It sounds like the fuelling is not quite spot on. Does a little spitting and sputtering or is this just how they sound. Cool vid though! Am really thinkin of jumping ship from Doo to a turbo Nytro.

You know you want to, Luuuuuuuuke come to the dark side.

M5

G

GRINreeper

Jan 5, 2010
Kelowna B.C.

at the 21 sec mark in the video there was a little snort or somthing...is that what you are talking about?

DooTraxx

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Calgary, AB
Yeah that is the most exagerated one, but it does seem that way down low it does not run that clean or it stumbles a bit. Not sure if it actually does that or if it just sounds that way in the video.

G

GRINreeper

Jan 5, 2010
Kelowna B.C.
The video defiantly exaggerates it. Chad figures fuel pressure is low for the big 750cc injectors. will know next ride. all in all from the shop to the snow I am super happy with the outcome. was basically build and ride, added some weight to the clutch and that was it. pulled HARD first run.

DooTraxx

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Calgary, AB
Right on. Keep us updated on what you think. I am trying to figure what turbo kit I will go with. Am leaning towards MCX mainly because of how well my buddy's MCX Apex has been running year after year, all the while I have been fighting with my XP trying to keep it running. I am so finished with Doo!

Iceman56

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
The video defiantly exaggerates it. Chad figures fuel pressure is low for the big 750cc injectors. will know next ride. all in all from the shop to the snow I am super happy with the outcome. was basically build and ride, added some weight to the clutch and that was it. pulled HARD first run.

Mine sounds the same way

G

GRINreeper

Jan 5, 2010
Kelowna B.C.
Any reason your right light bulb is out? Looks like a sweet ride! I want to do an Impulse in the worst way!!

I never really noticed....are they both normally on?, or is it a high beam low beam thing? i plan on removing the headlight soon for more air flow, just haven't figured out an attractive alternative.

D

Duke

Jan 16, 2005
Congrats, I rode Jason Earls Impulse at 17#'s, was clean all the way through and it ripped.

J

j_w10

Mar 8, 2009
impulse

my impulse does the same thing as that on the bottom end it seems to be right when you let off the throttle completly from wot and get back into it right away theres a small burble and kinda seems too run a bit rich. every were else it runs flawless. Pull your plugs and see what they look like mine were kinda black. going too try lowering the fuel pressure a bit more next time i go out see if that helps. also i noticed that if you blurp the throttle on the bottom end instead of just letting off completly it cleans it up. what you running for boost and are you running supertips? how do you have them loaded right now?

G

GSR

not positive on this response but I hear the impulse runs off boost pressure not a TPS. Therefore when you drop the throttle and get back on it, it'll require just a instant to charge the pressure to run clean again, that might be the gurgle...
It just super fat at the start until the boost catches up. Sound about right?

Last edited:
J

j_w10

Mar 8, 2009
not really it seems to run really clean from an idle all the way up through the rpm range. if i punch it from a dead halt the sled takes off like a bat outta he!! right too the rev limiter cause i didnt have enough wieght in the primary. but if you let off and and get back into it like i said above it has a small burble in the bottom and its hardly noticable if you blurp the throttle a bunch when your on the bottom end. the system does run with the tps. paul had me test it when i was having problems with my sled if you disconnect the wire going to it and hit the throttle the sled will just die. dunno maybe thats just the way they are it is running a really low compression with some pretty big injectors. im not an expert on this but i hope someone figures a way to get them to run a bit cleaner on the bottom it would be nice.

Premium Features