• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

First ride - BC

T

TLKDPROD

Jan 25, 2008
Salmon Arm, BC
Hey fellow Hawkers !

finally got to throw a leg over a Hawk for the first time this season, HUGE thanks to Shane (Lox) who let me ride one of his machine up Gresystokes near Kelowna, BC.

Gotta salute the toughness of this guy who rode for 2 days in a row ! First and second time ever on a Hawk, he was sore but did awesome anyways !

Attached 2 pics of the ride.

My comment on the first one is : "It's always good to lay her flat on her white bed and give her hard !"

attachment.php

No I didn't wash out on this one up there for those who are wondering.

attachment.php

Got that fraken big picture thing workin now... that's great. Thanks CJ.

Looking forward to ride again, should be an amazing year. Riding with other Hawkers is just so great.

Dec 19th 2009 019 D.jpg Dec 19th 2009 018 D.jpg

Last edited:

off road rider

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Premium Member
Jan 2, 2008
Kent Wa
Oh, I thought you guys in the east just got dumped on..Were in the same boat.. no snow..
get it together buddy, your time is coming

T

TLKDPROD

Jan 25, 2008
Salmon Arm, BC
Glad you got out, I was expecting a wide track review???

Jumped on her sunday night as I finally threw the whole suspension/skid in and I can already tell that it seems to "bend", "fall" or lean as good as my other 13x144 bevelled track. Reason for that is probably because the extra 1/2" on each side is not supported by the rails /sliders at all and are allowed to "bend" a lot better than, let's say a 12.5" track.

And by the way, that suspension link system feels just like an MX bike :D Sit the machine down off her stand, she sags about 1", I get on her, sags another 2, jump on her and I can succesfully feel it getting stiffer through another 2"... that is such a good feeling for me... Screw that old falling rate design, I (and all the MX suspension tuners out there) always though it was wrong and I still question why designers keep doing it... Whatever.. And this good feeling is with the shock at its stock form, no re-valve, no reshim, no respring. Bit too soft that's for sure and too much damping on the rebound shimstack... Looking forward to revalve this 46mm Showa baby with a new piston and a two-stage shimstack on both rebound and compression side that matches the application of BoonHawking in the pow. An MX suspension expert will guide me throughout the testing. Very good results are expected.

Premium Features