• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

A Cooke City weekend....

J

JROD

Nov 6, 2004
Bozeman, MT
We had a pretty good weekend with a lot of fresh snow. We pretty much stayed away from the big stuff and took advantage of the powder meadows. On Sunday we spent the day extracting sleds from a creek bottom after the guys had to leave them and start walking out on saturday night. Pretty great weekend. Already planning round 2.

IMG_0411.jpg

IMG_0414.jpg

IMG_0428edited.jpg

IMG_0435edited.jpg

IMG_0455edited.jpg

IMG_0472.jpg

J

JROD

Nov 6, 2004
Bozeman, MT
No creek shots? ;)

didn't take many shots of the extraction process but here's a few. Not fun. The pictures don't do justice as to the steepness of the grade either.

-The HCR ran great! Not too sure he's sold on the track though. Seems pretty stiff for powder riding.

IMG_0494.jpg

IMG_0497.jpg

Last edited:
K
Apr 27, 2008
Thanks to all of you again who help us get out of that creek! By far the worse move I have done in 20 years of riding.

The pictures don't do it any justices as it was stupid deep and full of rocks.

Once again thank you for the help as none of you had to spend your morning helping us dig them pigs out of there.

J

JROD

Nov 6, 2004
Bozeman, MT
Thanks to all of you again who help us get out of that creek! By far the worse move I have done in 20 years of riding.

The pictures don't do it any justices as it was stupid deep and full of rocks.

Once again thank you for the help as none of you had to spend your morning helping us dig them pigs out of there.

Bad experiences bring great stories. It was good meeting you guys and the little creek adventure wasn't so bad anyway. How about next time we'll just meet up and ride ;)

S
Nov 27, 2007
Livingston, MT
Oh the torture! I have to miss all this pow just because my 06 Doo decided to take a dump on me 2 weeks ago (in Cooke). Waiting on new engine. Gotta love the sheared crank when it just hits 1000 miles.
Thanks for the stoke JRod! The sledless appreciate it.

J

JROD

Nov 6, 2004
Bozeman, MT
Oh the torture! I have to miss all this pow just because my 06 Doo decided to take a dump on me 2 weeks ago (in Cooke). Waiting on new engine. Gotta love the sheared crank when it just hits 1000 miles.
Thanks for the stoke JRod! The sledless appreciate it.

No problem! Sorry to hear about the engine. With that kind of snow, I'm surprised you got it out. Where did you lose the engine? Let me know if you need a hand. I know those engines/chassis' pretty well by now.

J

JROD

Nov 6, 2004
Bozeman, MT
Canon Rebel XSi... This weekend wasn't great for pictures though. The light was flat and we only saw partial sunshine for a little while when we were getting those sleds out of the bottom. I'm looking forward to a blue bird day to see the kinds of pictures that I'll be able to shoot.

S
Nov 27, 2007
Livingston, MT
No problem! Sorry to hear about the engine. With that kind of snow, I'm surprised you got it out. Where did you lose the engine? Let me know if you need a hand. I know those engines/chassis' pretty well by now.

We were lucky, since we were pulling it out right as the big system came in. It went down between Lulu and Daisy as we were heading out following an easy afternoon in the the trees.

Hey, good for you guys on helping out the creek stuck sledder. We had guys pretty much buzzing us and acting like d-bags instead of ever even offering to help with our boat anchor in any way. I have a theory on this though... Anyway kudos to you guys, we've all been there or will be at some time.

Thanks for the offer on the rev help. May have to get some beta for my wifes 07 (clutching), as for my 06', Yellowstone Adventures in West called today and my sled is ready. Awsome service and quick turnaround down there.

Last edited:
Premium Features