• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Starting a boondockers turbo this year

turbonium

Lifetime Membership
Jan 21, 2009
Anyone figured out how to start a boondocker pg turbo after riding it. Mine will immediatly flood when i try to start it after it has warmed up. Boondockers knows about the problem but does not have a fix for it yet. I guess they are "out riding". Must be nice. How did they start theirs?

E

EricW

Nov 26, 2007
NE Washington
What are your fuel numbers on the low PSI & Low RPM settings? What rpm does it idle at prior to killing it. Might be a place to start. I haven't had or heard of this issue before. I guess ya just keep on a ridin for now. lol. Hope ya get it dialed. EW

skibreeze

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2005
Colorado Springs
Jr, knowing what sled you have might be a help also. I've heard that many of the updated sleds are having the same issue w/o a turbo, so it might not be BD related at all. I've never seen a hard to start warm BD.

turbonium

Lifetime Membership
Jan 21, 2009
The sled is the 09 d8 turbo with the new updates

The sled is the 09 d8 turbo with the new updates

S

SafetyBob

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Mar 13, 2008
Idaho Falls, ID
Polaris Hot Start

The fix is coming, in the meantime here are couple of guidelines to help with the hot start.
1. Idle your sled for 30 seconds before shutting off.
2. If you are trail riding, or on hard pack it helps to ride in some snow to cool the heat exchangers, before shutting off.
3. Leave your sled at an idle if you are going to shut it off for less than five minutes.
4. If after the first couple of tries, your sled does not start, don’t keep trying or it will flood worse. Proceed to step five.
5. If your sled does not start, unplug the BD box at the white connector, start the sled with the box unplugged, after a few pulls your sled should start then die, reconnect the box, it will start and run.

Thanks everyone for your continued patience and support, Thx Diann :)

turbonium

Lifetime Membership
Jan 21, 2009
Thank you safteybob! I love the information superhighway!:)
Also thank you Justin from code red performance. He also knows what is going on.:face-icon-small-hap

S

schmitt

Mar 27, 2008
WI
I put some break in miles on mine yesterday running the same numbers and it ran great. No flooding and the plug's were nice gold brown. This is at sea level i which it should run richer not? Not yet running the EBC, but I dont think anyone is yet.

H

huhner772

Nov 26, 2007
I put some break in miles on mine yesterday running the same numbers and it ran great. No flooding and the plug's were nice gold brown. This is at sea level i which it should run richer not? Not yet running the EBC, but I dont think anyone is yet.

What #'s are u running at sea level? Mine are a lot lower than boondockers #'s.
I'am running 30-40-42 in MN.

S

schmitt

Mar 27, 2008
WI
42-50-60 I dont really ride my sled much here just play around a bit. I run the same numbers here and at 7000 to 11000 feet. That's why I mentioned I had no flooding issues. I should be running really rich here at sea level. Top of pistons are wet but no problems.

T

TREE MAGNET

Oct 28, 2008
ST. MARIES
What #'s are u running at sea level? Mine are a lot lower than boondockers #'s.
I'am running 30-40-42 in MN.

What elevation are you running? I ride around 4000 and run 35 45 55 still a little top end bog. Are you running race gas or pump? 42 as your top number how high is your egt on a long pull? Sorry for all the questions just had to find someone you rides low elevations to help

H

huhner772

Nov 26, 2007
What elevation are you running? I ride around 4000 and run 35 45 55 still a little top end bog. Are you running race gas or pump? 42 as your top number how high is your egt on a long pull? Sorry for all the questions just had to find someone you rides low elevations to help

I use those # at home and its about a 1000 feet. I use 100% 110 because my boost turned all the way down is still between 5.5 and 6 psi. No egts just o2 and its about 12.5 wot. My sled will not run wide open with any higer # than 42, it just falls on its face and you go over the bars. Plugs are still black after a good run.

S

schmitt

Mar 27, 2008
WI
I use those # at home and its about a 1000 feet. I use 100% 110 because my boost turned all the way down is still between 5.5 and 6 psi. No egts just o2 and its about 12.5 wot. My sled will not run wide open with any higer # than 42, it just falls on its face and you go over the bars. Plugs are still black after a good run.

Why the heck does mine work with the # at sea level. I should be way rich but im not. Im afraid when I get out to 6 to 10,000 feet im going to be lean with theses # then. Plug's are a nice tan brown on vp 110. And wide open the lowest boost is 7.5 to 8

H

huhner772

Nov 26, 2007
Why the heck does mine work with the # at sea level. I should be way rich but im not. Im afraid when I get out to 6 to 10,000 feet im going to be lean with theses # then. Plug's are a nice tan brown on vp 110. And wide open the lowest boost is 7.5 to 8

Last year BD's #s work good for me at 10,000 feet, but i have to lean it way out down low to get it to run.

Premium Features