• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

New to riding the IQ chassis

S
Nov 24, 2009
Hey ya'll im new to riding the IQ chassis sleds and i jus bought an 09 rmk and i was wondering about the swaybar. Should i leave it in or take it out? I had a egde rmk and i took the swaybar out and it helped. So i was wondering if the IQ is to tippy with it out? Thanks ya'll ahead of time for your replies. Scott

550iq

Oct 7, 2008
Anchorage, Alaska
Start riding with the sway bar in - learn to carve, etc. Then after you've mastered the sled, remove the sway bar and see how it does. Then you will know. This is the only way I know to answer your question and for you to know what the differences are. Welcome to the IQ club.:beer;

S
Nov 24, 2009
Yeah thanks. Thats what i was thinking because even in the shop its way tippier than an edge was. So i think im gonna go that route. Ill get my first taste on saturday when we go riding.

550iq

Oct 7, 2008
Anchorage, Alaska
You'll find that the IQ's seem tippier because of a higher ride attitude by the rider. This will come to pass. You will also find that standing up is way better than the older chassis and that the IQ will respond to your slightest weight shifts and really responds to counter-steering. And if you get thinking how weird the IQ feels, jump back onto the older stuff. For my needs and riding styles, I do not remove the sway bars. Cheers.

I

IDAHO HOT SHOT

Jan 21, 2009
South of Bellevue...way south
Its just like riding a cuttin horse, stay in the middle and hang on. Shift your feet and it will respond. Leave in the sway bar and put the skis in the wide position. This is a totally awesome sled to ride, now we will see if I can make it a couple rides without dropping it off at the Poo shop on sunday night

meathooker

Lifetime Membership
Jan 4, 2008
Boise, ID
leave the sway bar in for sure; in fact i would put the bigger one in from carl's. have fun, these sleds are a blast!

t stone

Lifetime Membership
Feb 22, 2009
Bend, Or.
I ran with the sway bar in the first year with my 08 d8. last year I took the sway bar out and this thing turns on a dime. side hilling and surf turns. It all depends on the type of riding you do. I love to boondock. It sucks on the trails, but I bought a powder sled so I dont ride the trails unless I have to. good luck with the new machine.

SixtySevenGT

Premium Member
Mar 25, 2008
Middleton, Idaho
Think about it --

The Assualt doesn't even come with a sway bar.

If you want a Cadalliac to ride the trails OK.
If you want to Boondock adjust accordingly.

B
Jun 22, 2009
Took my sway bar off. Love it! It does suck on the trail, but being on the trail sucks all together anyway. The gain in maneuverability in the deep stuff is amazing. Downhill boondocking is taken to a whole new level. If you like to stay off the trail and ride aggressively, meaning you are standing up all day I think the sway bar removal is a great idea. Don't cut it out though....everyone has personal preferences, and you still might want to put it back on. :beer;

Premium Features