• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Black Diamond Extreme's ATV/Snowmobile

Thread Rating
3.00 star(s)
they take out the hifax and add more wheels, it seems to work very well. i rode the cat one on a motorcross track not getting much air but loved how it was just like riding a snowmobile. I watched others fly over 70 ft taptops and other various jumps with easy. i think this is quite the machine and very fun to ride i might have to add

BackCountryBasics

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Idaho
www.backcountrybasics.com
There are three prototypes that Black Diamond Xtreme has built w/ the help of ZBroz Racing. There are two Arctic Cats & one Yamaha prototype. The name of the project is the DINGO!

The rear skid is currently being redesigned & patent pending, so it has not been released. However, it is completely different than what was on display at Haydays. The three prototypes are being used for testing & development at this time to accomplish the refined product to soon be available.

You will be able to buy a kit for about $3500 or complete machine for around $10-12 thousand in the future. They will be coming out & available to the public within the next two years off production lines from Yamaha & Arctic Cat.

They are a blast & even as prototypes handle amazingly well!

Here is the article of of offroad.com & also shows the IQ model Dan mentioned as well.

http://snowmobile.off-road.com/snow...-Riding/ArticleStandard/Article/detail/619546

Dingo8-15132.jpg

They have been tested in areas such as the dunes, 1000 miles of rock/dirt of Arizona, & Northern Idaho.

Last edited:

89sandman

Lifetime Membership
Oct 16, 2004
southern oregon
have seen several setups like this in the dunes over the years. will blow away any quad, well almost any...

xrated

Lifetime Membership
Jul 20, 2004
Plainview, MN
About a thousand miles. They are working with Camoplast to develop a special track as well for this application for the production model.

I was wondering about that. I don't think rock like Moab would be trouble, but I would think that sharper rocks, logs etc could tear the hell out of the track. Must be an awful stiff track. What size lugs are they using?

phatty

Premium Member
Nov 21, 2007
Salt Lake City
www.boondockers.ca
I was wondering about that. I don't think rock like Moab would be trouble, but I would think that sharper rocks, logs etc could tear the hell out of the track. Must be an awful stiff track. What size lugs are they using?

The track is a special "knobby" track it basically has the same look/feel as a motorbike tire. The lugs are 3/4" to 1" and super stiff and look just like nubs on motorbike tires.

I had the privilege of riding the IQ version at the sand dunes. You can carve it, you can side hill it, you can jump the crap out of it. They do get a little warm (it was 101 the day we tested it). But its ridiculously fast and feels like a sled, not a quad.

The sled i rode still had hifax on it. They had done 1200 miles on the dirt and the hifax still looked ok. would need to be replaced every 1200-1500 miles. but thats a summers worth of riding easy.

xrated

Lifetime Membership
Jul 20, 2004
Plainview, MN
The track is a special "knobby" track it basically has the same look/feel as a motorbike tire. The lugs are 3/4" to 1" and super stiff and look just like nubs on motorbike tires.

I had the privilege of riding the IQ version at the sand dunes. You can carve it, you can side hill it, you can jump the crap out of it. They do get a little warm (it was 101 the day we tested it). But its ridiculously fast and feels like a sled, not a quad.

The sled i rode still had hifax on it. They had done 1200 miles on the dirt and the hifax still looked ok. would need to be replaced every 1200-1500 miles. but thats a summers worth of riding easy.

thanks for the info phatty!

sounds like it could be fun, but I'll stick to brap braping on 2 wheels of 1 2 and 5 fun.

if anyone buys one and wants to let me test it just to see, well that would be OK.

phatty

Premium Member
Nov 21, 2007
Salt Lake City
www.boondockers.ca
Am I the only one that would feel like a crazy redneck hillbilly if I was riding one of those in the dirt. JMO

A crazy redneck hillbilly grinning from ear to ear letting out squeals of delight... hahaha

X, I had my yz450f out on the sand with the dirt sled... it smoked my bike, I would still keep my 2 wheel fun for the mountain single track, but this sled thing brings a whole new level of fun to the dunes, track, and quad trails...

Premium Features