• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Avid drivers and challenger track/help

Sleds R Fun

Premium Member
Dec 31, 2007
BC
I have Avid drivers and a 162 challenger track cliped every second window. The drivers are wrecked after 1 ride.
To run Avid drivers do you have to have a fully cliped track??

dexter

Lifetime Membership
Dec 11, 2007
500 km on power claw with avids all is fine. avids have 1200km in all and shows wear but still fine

Sleds R Fun

Premium Member
Dec 31, 2007
BC
The drivers are chewed into on the internal part of the driver.Mostly from the metal clips. Also starting to round off the external part of the driver.

I believe the powerclaw is working because the clips are staggered on each side of the track.

The sled is a MCX Nitro stage 2

A

absoluteapex

Nov 26, 2007
Grande Prairie,ab.
sounds like they are not pressed into the proper position,i've got a front mount Alpine with the exhaust onto the left avid with 2000 klm. and they look okay,with clips on every 2nd ,you can move them with track in place

Sleds R Fun

Premium Member
Dec 31, 2007
BC
The drivers are in the perfect position. 1/8th from the inside of the track on each side.
Are your avids 8 tooth or 7???? I think that 8 tooth may be ok!!

Premium Member
Dec 17, 2007
British Columbia
Is there any advantage in running an 8 tooth over a 7 tooth Avid driver? Putting a set of Avid on a Nytro turbo.

M

MTdream

Nov 28, 2007
The drivers are chewed into on the internal part of the driver.Mostly from the metal clips. Also starting to round off the external part of the driver.

I believe the powerclaw is working because the clips are staggered on each side of the track.

The sled is a MCX Nitro stage 2

did you pinch off the spare num on teh powerclaw?

if you did not do this, you will get rubbing and it will possibly cause what you are describing...

I have several hundred miles on my powerclaw, and no issues at all on my Avid drivers..

Butta

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
Is there any advantage in running an 8 tooth over a 7 tooth Avid driver? Putting a set of Avid on a Nytro turbo.

You'll need a 7 tooth for the Nytro, an 8 tooth with anything bigger than a 2.25" paddle will begin to have clearance issues with the front heat exchanger.

Sleds R Fun

Premium Member
Dec 31, 2007
BC
Right now problem is solved.
Had to get another track. Picked up another challenger just cliped every window. It solved the problem.
Power claw will work because the clips are staggered.
Thanks for the imput guys.

Premium Features