• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

who rules mountain 800's?

?

• doo

Votes: 371 32.9%
  • poo

Votes: 525 46.6%
  • cat

Votes: 236 21.0%

• Total voters
Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)
S

Slick

Nov 26, 2007
after seeing the Doo marketing teams new program, its apparent that all the hot dogs they buy ain't for eatin. LOL.
Wave that fag, oops, i meant flag high snowmobiler, its good to be proud.

W

waxer

Nov 2, 2012
They did have free hot dogs today :face-icon-small-hap

S

Slick

Nov 26, 2007
G

geo

Dec 1, 2007
Kamloops B.C.
I voted for the Pro because I have one. It's the best I'm sure.

But,, I really want to see if a turboed YammyCat will spank a 174 T3 or will it be the other way around. Lots of passion with these two models.
The contest should compare straight pokes and some real sleddin' then run into the trees to weigh them.
Should be real easy to see which one rules the mountain, eh.

Hawkster

Lifetime Membership
Apr 22, 2010
AK
I'm gonna have to vote for this 800 , the new sleds are finally starting to do what this does better . When you can follow me back in here without worrying about yarding it out all the way to the bottom because you have to keep it on it's side than you'll have an 800 that rules the mountains:peace:

IMG_20140407_200022_846 (1024x576).jpg

mtncat1

Lifetime Membership
Oct 19, 2008
south jordan ut.
I'm gonna have to vote for this 800 , the new sleds are finally starting to do what this does better . When you can follow me back in here without worrying about yarding it out all the way to the bottom because you have to keep it on it's side than you'll have an 800 that rules the mountains:peace:

I agree snow hawks worked so good that they don't make them any more:face-icon-small-hap

Hawkster

Lifetime Membership
Apr 22, 2010
AK
I agree snow hawks worked so good that they don't make them any more:face-icon-small-hap

They still make them , you just have to shell out for one first . It's a whole new high , aggressive machine . The learning curve is a bit much for some and it depends on what conditions your have to ride in . As for the question of best 800 mountain sled this one is pretty hard to beat with a 150 plus track since the word side hilling is not in it's vocabulary .

Biggest mistake riders make is they think they have to ride it like a sled because there's white stuff on the ground , even see the same mistake being made with the bike kits .

I

Icedog

Feb 9, 2006
Grande Cache, AB
I'm guessing here in Alberta I will see traffic jams full of trucks and trailers haulin' new T3's thru Hinton to BC very soon. Every Doo guy I know sold whatever XM, XP, stock, BB, or turbo they were riding cause they had to have the 174 T3. I still say ride the sled that you actually will be happy with whether it turns out to be all you ever hoped for or not. Gotta love the guys that run out and buy the sled that climbs the highest then sits at the bottom of the hill cause they don't like to climb. Or the guy that buys a Pro RMK then says that riding in the tight trees is too much work...... There is no perfect sled for everyone; load up the sled that makes your trip with your buddies fun for you and fawk what everyone else thinks about your choice.

S

Seeker

Jan 26, 2009
Western Colorado
Looks like the poll results are fairly accurate from what I have seen. If we are strictly talking stock sleds, Pros rule where we ride and the new cats seem pretty decent. Doo's are usually stuck so bad that it takes 3 men and a donkey to get one off the running boards.

Skidoo needs to pull their heads clean out of their a$$, redesign a different chassis and quit trying to polish a turd...that chassis has sucked from day one. The new hideous slime yellow and booger green with purple highlights ain't helping out much either. I would recommend a camouflage paint job so they don't stand out so much when they are stuck halfway up the hill. Skidoo has gone backwards ever since the rev chassis and the 174 track isn't going to keep those Manatee's afloat this winter either. I keep hoping they will come to the party...maybe next year. You've got to wonder who is making the decisions there though.

Timbre

Premium Member
Nov 1, 2008
Southwestern Idaho
my sled my not be what you see most in the movies, but Its not broken all the time, Im not getting towed out on a regular basis, and its not put together with glue!!

Neither is mine =) I have seen other brands broken and being towed out from time to time, so i guess all brands have their problems. Also, the glue seems to be holding up very well. I have yet to see any glued parts coming apart, and i have been about dozens of Pros.

Cheers!

Premium Features