• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2011/12 Snowy Range snow conditions

Steelman

Lifetime Member
Lifetime Membership
Feb 12, 2009
snowexhaust.ggb.ca
I think your statement applies to 90% of our nation.. Not many miles on the sleds this year.

Thanks for all your snow reports Dan. Guys really appreciate it!

10-4, thanks Dan. Now I just have to wait for the new pro. OYEA!!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

newmy1

Lifetime Membership
Sep 3, 2008
Huskerland
Not great by any stretch but got a ride in as we went out to brings sleds home for the season. Seen two get totaled on widow.....video of one forthecoming.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1333156144.949025.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1333156162.705006.jpg

Steelman

Lifetime Member
Lifetime Membership
Feb 12, 2009
snowexhaust.ggb.ca
Some is better then none. Can not wait till next year. 90 degrees on 4-1-12. I hate when it is hot....hope it is not like that all year. Have looked at the web cams lately and it does not look good in them.

owenb2

Lifetime Membership
Mar 8, 2010
wyo
I went up the saratoga side last night to check things out and run some stabilizer.... The snow sucked- hard in one spot, sink to dirt the next. Creeks are opening up alot, and overall conditions are what can be expected with 60 + degree temps

I only snapped one picture as i was leaving
sd.jpg

There is 3"-6" on the road in most spots, headquarters park has 1'-2' with lots of grass sticking through.

Unless we get pounded with snow im done for the year

owenb2

Lifetime Membership
Mar 8, 2010
wyo
Honestly if they wait until the end of april I don't think there will be much plowing needed. Given how much WDot spent last year punching it open I bet they will wait until the end of the month.

rev*baron

Lifetime Membership
Jan 3, 2009
Getting any of this snow we are getting in Denver right now?

Need to come up on Saturday and pull out all my safety kits. Wondering if I need a quad or is there enough snow to lube the slides?

owenb2

Lifetime Membership
Mar 8, 2010
wyo
Getting any of this snow we are getting in Denver right now?

Need to come up on Saturday and pull out all my safety kits. Wondering if I need a quad or is there enough snow to lube the slides?

Nope no snow here, i can see clear to the top of medicine bow peak.

There should be enough snow...

Qreiff

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Colorado
Looking for a simple update. Maybe taking my 4 yr old for a ride. Snow? Can i drive to Lake Marie?.......if not,how far up?

Thanks.

Q

Qreiff

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Colorado
Rode Saturday!

Unloaded above the Snowy Range Lodge (Greenrock) about a 1/4 mile. Snowed over night and about 4 " of snow was on the road where we unloaded. Had to be careful and pick your way a bit, as the road did have snow but for the first couple miles from the truck your carbides would still scrape.

Anyway, rode up to Lake Marie and found approx 8" of fresh. Probably up to 10" in some areas but very wet and settling fast. Rode over to back side a ways but not far. Creeks and lakes opening and way to sketchy to ride on....thin. Still fun but, WYDOT could damn near use a blade and plow all the way to Lake Marie.

Glad we went.

owenb2

Lifetime Membership
Mar 8, 2010
wyo
drove over the range today and snapped a few photos-

headquarters park-
IMG_1178.jpg

green rock parking-
IMG_1180.jpg

Lake marie-
IMG_1179.jpg

LAKE MARIE JUNE 17TH 2011- I miss last year

IMG_1186.jpg

owenb2

Lifetime Membership
Mar 8, 2010
wyo
^ damn

I got a little over a thousand on mine, but I have a stack of bent a arms and a demolished track rolled up in the corner to show for it.

I'm praying for more snow next year !!!

owenb2

Lifetime Membership
Mar 8, 2010
wyo
We will just have to hope for a better season next year. Hope we can get another ride in Next year Owen

Absolutely I'm looking. forward to you showing me around on the south side of the range :face-icon-small-hap

Premium Features