• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

pump gas turbo not enought for etec turbo

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

stinglikeabee

Banned
Feb 23, 2012
idaho
me and my buddy out with our bd turbos this last weekend and had a blast at revy, till we ran into a dude on a etec turbo, dam thing was very impressive, we ran a few hills at the same boost and even up at 7 lbs we both had no chance against him, i rode the etec a few times and could not beleive how quick it spooled, i still love mine, but it was impressive

is the aerochager that much quicker than a garrett, i need to get a better track, the 3 inch dominated

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
Wow... I've ridden a few of them & have yet to see ANYTHING like that.

I usually don't care much about brands, can't ride a doo worth a poo... so I like to talk smack about them, but they usually run, the boosted ones I've run have been a joke. I wonder what they're doing different.

One I rode was so embarrassing that I didn't want the guy to ride my sled, I was actually happy he didn't ask, because he would have been disgusted with his after that. Mine is nothing amazing, I've ridden BD RG setups that run like mine... and the doos were just nowhere close.

I don't think these are Aero setups though... wonder if that just works better with the doo motor?

S

stinglikeabee

Banned
Feb 23, 2012
idaho
ya really not sure, never seen a etec turbo in the past, but this one was impressive, the guy was a great rider as well, but it did work that good

he mentioned the reeds were only lasting 800 miles, but other than that he had no issues, he mentioned he hit 77mph track speeds, as we were seeing 64mph, and was not intercooled

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
what length of track?

You're saying 77 at 7psi???? I call 100% BS on that I think he's joshin ya!:face-icon-small-win. I run a 141, 11-14 psi & I don't do much better than that.

800 miles for reeds with a sled that spins that kind of track speed... seems about right, that's pretty similar to what I see here.

W
Sep 23, 2008
Morgan, Utah
ok post it up.... whos turbo kit and set up? If it is this good I will pass the info along to all my Doo buddies..........

77 mph track speed on a pump gas sled with a 3 inch track is freaking SICK!!!!!!!!!!!! Especially with an Aero Turbo.....

Im not calling 100% BS but man thats impressive.....

One of my favorite things about sledding is when some guy pulls this "thing" out of his shop that he has built from scratch and spanks everyone..... I love to see stuff like this....

Would like some more info on his sled and set up as well.... Sounds sweet!!!!!

S

stinglikeabee

Banned
Feb 23, 2012
idaho
i dont know whos kit guys, but it had a aero charger with cold air intake, track was a three inch, it was noticablly quicker than us, and ours runs good, just not that good, maybe if we had a three inch it would be a different story... but never the less it felt strong

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Red Lodge MT to North, CO
What elevation, where you drag racing, climbing or what. Good chance it was all about the track and the guy was reading track speed while moving at 25mph which would be easy.

At 10000ft I had to turn mine to 12-13lbs to see 75+ track speed. That is from stop to the time it builds full boost and checking, not flying up a hill at 50mph are saying I had 85mph track speed.

V

VRod

Nov 26, 2007
Bozeman, MT
Throw a cold air intake and some MDS weights on yours. You'll be right with him. I thought I had a good running turbo until I made these changes. Now I laugh when guys running race gas turbos come out and get their a$$ handed to them by pump gassers running 9 lbs.

D

Duke

Jan 16, 2005
me and my buddy out with our bd turbos this last weekend and had a blast at revy, till we ran into a dude on a etec turbo, dam thing was very impressive, we ran a few hills at the same boost and even up at 7 lbs we both had no chance against him, i rode the etec a few times and could not beleive how quick it spooled, i still love mine, but it was impressive

is the aerochager that much quicker than a garrett, i need to get a better track, the 3 inch dominated

Way to blow yourself Fred W. hahahaha

C

CANDYMAN

Apr 23, 2008
Rimbey,AB

You even call yourself dude! lol

This thread gives poser a whole new meaning!:face-icon-small-sho

E

EZmoney

Nov 27, 2007
West coast
ya really not sure, never seen a etec turbo in the past, but this one was impressive, the guy was a great rider as well, but it did work that good

he mentioned the reeds were only lasting 800 miles, but other than that he had no issues, he mentioned he hit 77mph track speeds, as we were seeing 64mph, and was not intercooled

Holly crap buddy!! An alter to talk yourself and sled up??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Premium Features