• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2012 Carbon fiber proclimb 800 project

W

WKR

Nov 27, 2007
western canada
not again

why does anyone spend 30-40g on a flippin toy? because they are passionate about the sport! please don't turn this thread into a" my ideas are better than yours" thread. i love to see cool builds no matter what the brand, even though cat is superior! lol. i see people spend money on stupid things all the time, to each there own. the thread was put up to show people whats new for this year for the cats and the potential in the chassey. the motor had the crank balanced, cases ported, exhaust port timing lowered in the cylinders and the head cut to match. will it last everday allday at 20psi, of course not. willit kick the sh&t out of most everything on the hill in short bursts, absolutly! i will daily drive it at 10-12psi. i have it on good authority that lindermans motors will take 24psi in some form or fashion. i hope everyone reading this thread understands this is a totally new chassey with a whole lot of very new technologies rolled into one. it will either be a glorious build or a very long winter. i put alot of faith in the installer and builder on this one! hehe. as far as the redline gauge goes, bottom line is i exceeded my budget 10g ago thus have to run some regular gauges for now. i have a redline gauge up for grabs with afr if anyone wants one.

K

knifedge

Dec 20, 2009
Colorado
--That is my point also--If a person is going to spend money, put it into a sled that is ahead of the game right out of the crate. Putting money into a Yamaha is spending money just to catch up, and still it is not that great except maybe in HP.

--ProClimb 800 Carbon Turbo--Very nice build

G

Going West

Nov 30, 2007
Canada
--That is my point also--If a person is going to spend money, put it into a sled that is ahead of the game right out of the crate. Putting money into a Yamaha is spending money just to catch up, and still it is not that great except maybe in HP.

--ProClimb 800 Carbon Turbo--Very nice build

Just because something is new doesnt mean its better or that the older product is suddenly obsolete. And you might just be getting ahead of your self considering that these new cats havent even been through a season.

K

knifedge

Dec 20, 2009
Colorado
--Yamahas have been obsolete for quite a while when it comes to overall powder/mountain riding. Rugged and reliable sled though(so is a M1A Abrams). Hopefully the
M1100T will pressure Yamaha to come out with a new and drastically improved product for the powder/mtns.

Prairie Dog

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Beautiful BC
I've been on turbo Yamaha's for the last 4yrs......no one else rides them in my group until last year and I wouldn't have traded them any day. To say Yamahas are not powder machines is ridiculous. Yes they are heavier than everyone else but they hold up just as good if not better than any other sled even after being boosted.

Having said all that, I just saw this Carbon fibre sled at the Stoon show......very cool sled. If I had the extra cash I'd have one.

Reeb

Modding mini's
Lifetime Membership
Jul 5, 2001
Twin Rivers
www.robinsms.com
The past 20-25 years of sleds when has Yamaha delivered something that didn't need to be turned into a goldmine? The Phazer?
Pick any year model from Yamaha and only the one's worth mentioning are the ones with countless thousands poured into them. THIS ISN'T A JAB AT YAMAHA, they build a great platform for longevity, but lack in most other areas. Which is so disappointing considering what they do in other powersport markets. Not to mention the amazing race sleds from the 70's. Big money was always the catalyst when purchasing a Yammi to be competitive with anything else. Huffers just propelled Yamaha's to where no other sleds could go(with some side-effects of course) and we are coming back around to fun and light, versus HUGE hp and heavy......happens every decade.

W

whittaker727

Nov 26, 2007
Naples, Id
So, do they offer a running board option? Those look like they would suck azz! I love this sled, but I would honestly not build one just based on that if I didn't have a running board option. I'm in the market to build a new sled now that my M is a few years old and I keep coming back to this bad boy. Also, I would think you would want to add an aftermarket front bumper to try and protect your investment a little bit.

bgraff1

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
Lloydminster, Alberta
So, do they offer a running board option? Those look like they would suck azz! I love this sled, but I would honestly not build one just based on that if I didn't have a running board option. I'm in the market to build a new sled now that my M is a few years old and I keep coming back to this bad boy. Also, I would think you would want to add an aftermarket front bumper to try and protect your investment a little bit.

yes there is. the carbon has to be cut out and you can install snow eliminators or better boards etc. as you see it there its wasnt complete yet. only a day prior was it all in pieces.

W

WKR

Nov 27, 2007
western canada

As noted by graff, boards were not in yet, 50hrs straight no sleep getting the sled ready for show, just ran out of time. It has the boards in it now. bumpers are back odered from cat, plus carbon fiber is strong as chit not to worried. riding for the first time this weekend. will try to get some video up, unless it falls apart.

M
Patiently waiting

I'm just jealous to see your sled with a CPC turbo already and we just got pushed back two weeks. One thing about Dale its usually worth the wait. Very nice build and hope to see happy pictures soon.

W

WKR

Nov 27, 2007
western canada
Well rode this the last couple of days. sled is as expected. Imagine the best wet dream and waking up and realizing its not a dream at all!!! accellerates like a marble in a slingshot, the most cooperative sled i have had the pleasure of dealing with when stuck, and pulls like an elephant clinging on to a cliff side! the final weight full of everything was 520lbs, had stock skid, stock seat and front suspension still, add the lightweight compenents and its down to 485 full. ride it naturally aspirated and you have a 450lb ready to ride sled. Wish i had the funds to complete it all light weight right out of the gate, but it will come. sorry for not havng video, helmet cam malfunction, left it in wet jacket over night. also rode the the 1100T with lightweight battery, pipe, and post forward kit at the same time, there is some real potential.

Sxrlar

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Wisconsin
That is one of the most badd *** looking sleds I have ever seen! Can't wait to follow this thread as winter goes by, looking forward to pics and vids.:face-icon-small-ton

skibumm

Lifetime Membership
Mar 13, 2004
Utah
Whale fishing in Utah!

Haven't had a chance to weigh the Nytro yet but I thought you guys might enjoy this.:face-icon-small-hap

Impulse Turbo Apex
174x2.5x16
CR Racing M10 Skid
Boss seat
Floats up front
Full of fuel (11 gallons with Paul's kit)
Bag of tools (about 10 pounds)
Extra quart of oil
Two spare belts

Literally ready to ride. I actually thought it would be heavier!:face-icon-small-sho
Came in at 660 on the button with the digital dyno being calibrated to zero before the lift.

Power/weight around .53 at 350HP.

whale pic 1.jpg 660.jpg tools and oil.jpg joes whale pic.jpg

Last edited:
Premium Features