• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Sled on Order Tracker

I

izzni

Mar 22, 2009
Vadnais Heights
So over the last couple of days I've improved/updated things a bit.

-The event log at the top will have things that have happened since you last visited the New Sled Tracker on that computer highlighted in bold. In addition, the mouse cursor makes it more obvious you can click on the events.

-I've added filters so that you can hopefully weed the information down to what you are interested in.

-Added a total sleds counter since I thought it was kinda interesting.

-I've made an email address required when adding a New Sled, and confirmation emails are sent out that need to have a link clicked on before the sled will show up on the map.

There are a few reasons I did this.

-It will make it ever so slightly harder for someone to spam the system (I really hope no one does...). I'm going to post this tracker thing on another forum so that more trail sleds are added, and I want to try and make it more durable in case there is a no good person somewhere.

-In the very near future you will be able to retrieve your password by pressing on a button and having it emailed to you.

-Also in the very near future you will optionally be able to have the system send you email updates. You will be able to set it to send them every day, every few days, or every week, or never I think. It will be completely optional.

-At the end Janurary I will send out 1 email to anyone who hasn't set the date arrived for their sled (and has an email address set of course). I might follow up with PMs to the people who didn't have to enter an email address, and didn't update their user to include one either.

I am NOT requiring emails so that I can gather them and sell them. In fact, after the season ends I will delete all the user information from the system so that nothing can be changed and it can be referenced next year.

In addition to the things I've mentioned above, I have a few more things planned:

-The ability to add users to just listen to the email updates. I'm guessing there are people who didn't buy a new sled, but still want to know what is going on. Hopefully tomorrow or the day after I will have the ability for you to enter a sledless user into the system.

-Filters on the type of sled. If trail sleds are going to show up in the system I'm sure that mountain sledders will want to filter them out.

-A playback system so that you can have the sleds added to the map in the order in which they arrived over 15 seconds or something.

So to all the users already in the system:
First, thank you! 109 sleds and counting so far!
Second, add an email address by using the "Update User" button if you want email updates in the future (I will post when that feature is ready), or if you want to easily be able to get your password.

I

izzni

Mar 22, 2009
Vadnais Heights
Quick update:

A few Polaris sleds have started to arrive! I haven't implemented to the optional email notification thing yet, but by the end of the weekend that should be in.

I did add a custom filtering thing, which turned out to be pretty interesting. The first thing I found was that the M1100T seems to be very popular with the Midwesterns. I also started to mess around with criteria like 163 or 155. As you'd expect, the 155 was more common in the midwest, and the 163 was more common in the mountains. The assaults were pretty much absent from the mountains.

The filtering box filters against the sled field. Whatever you type, including spaces, must exist in the sled name for it to remain after you press the filter button. You can find it next to the manufacturer check boxes.

I

izzni

Mar 22, 2009
Vadnais Heights
For those of you have gotten your sleds already you can mark your sled as arrived by clicking the pin on the map for your sled and then pressing the "Update Sled" button. You can zoom in by double clicking. If you need help getting your password shoot me a PM. Once it is marked arrived it will be a darker color on the map.

I finished implementing the email notification system last night. If you'd like to get an email on a daily, bidaily, or weekly basis you can set that up by pressing the "Update User/Notifications" button. If you signed up when it didn't ask for an email address you'll need to enter one for it to work. The emails get sent out at 4am CST if your setup to receive one that day.

R

rugbynitro

Nov 4, 2009
Kamloops, B.C.
Dealer in Kamloops just called to say my snowcheck sled was the first and only to arrive !!! :face-icon-small-ton

I ordered a Pro RMK 163 standard colour scheme and my dealer thinks that might be the reason why.

I'll pick it up next week.

I

izzni

Mar 22, 2009
Vadnais Heights
Haven't had very many sleds start arriving yet, but there has still been a flow of people entering them. I would imagine that they'll start arriving in mass soon.

freak485

Lifetime Membership
Feb 4, 2011
Billings, MT
Sounds like Alot of the Pro-RMKs are behind My dealer hasnt recveied any they were supposed to get there first batch i think the 15th or something and second the 25 and they haven't gotten either

800poodragon

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Great Falls, Montana
Last year my original arrival date was in the beginning of September...kept changing till it finally arrived third week of October...they will all be here in plenty of time...just hope for another year of great snow:becky:

800poodragon

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Great Falls, Montana
My riding buddy gave up his ski doo for a new polaris. Bought it the same place I ordered mine from. He called me today to tell me he got the call his is in....

trikerider

Premium Member
Dec 1, 2007
Ellensburg Wa
I did all the paper work today but one leg of the power to my house died and the power company has a big hole in front of the shop where my truck is so I can't go get my new Pro. They can't find the fault. By the time they're done I will have a new driveway.

Premium Features