• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Sled on Order Tracker

I

izzni

Mar 22, 2009
Vadnais Heights
Over in the Arctic Cat forum someone created a thread for people to post in when they got their sled. I always find those threads not the best way to track that kind of information, so I created a little web application to track sleds people have on order, and when they arrive.

http://newsledtracker.appspot.com/

Basically if you have a sled on order you enter it in using the buttons along the top. Once it arrives you update the new sled to reflect when it has arrived. Markers that are white mean the sled hasn't arrived. Once the sled has a Date Arrived it will show up as a colored marker that is appropriate to the manufacturer.

I just finished adding a more complete model list for all the manufacturers except skidoo. If someone could PM me a list of their models they would be forever be my friend.

If you want to update an ordered sled you can press the Update Sled State button without a marker selected, but if you do have a marker selected it will pre-populate the data in the dialog, making it easier to update.

Also note that you cannot set the Date Arrived until you add the sled in the first place using the New Sled button.

FatDogX

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
ND
I entered my info but no pin comes up????. There's already one on my location (Sledmax) but it only lists that one?

I

izzni

Mar 22, 2009
Vadnais Heights
The problem is that if more than one pin is in the same location it covers the other. You can edit your sled and make the position more specific if you'd like, but I'm working on a fix right now. I'm going to make it so that if you click on a pin that has more than one pin at the location it will print the information for all of them. I'll PM you when I have it fixed.

Update: Sorta fixed. I'm working on trying to get them to cluster around the point.

Last edited:

FatDogX

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
ND
Awesome, will the pins be colored when people mark them as arrived? That would be sweet!

I would agree, it would be nice to be able to see the pins a little better and a different color for arrival would be cool. At any rate, great job!!

I

izzni

Mar 22, 2009
Vadnais Heights
I'll work on that tonight. Right now they stay white until someone marks their sled as arrived. Once it is marked as arrived it turns a color. The color it turns depends on the make of the sled. Green for Arctic Cat, Red for Polaris, etc. I'm going to try and get them to be a lighter color until they arrive, that way you can see them easier like you said, and tell what the make is.

I'm also going to add a recent activity panel so that you can see who's sled was added or arrived recently, hopefully with a link you can click on that will highlight the pin.

In a week or two I'll probably put a poll up and ask people how they want feedback. For example, I could have a thread that I update, I could have it send out a daily or weekly email, or nothing at all.

Once the sleds start arriving I'll add something so they you can have the pins added to the map in the order people marked them as arrived, basically allowing you to watch what happened over time.

I

izzni

Mar 22, 2009
Vadnais Heights
I've made some imrpovements. Some of you have noticed the coloring of sleds that haven't arrived yet already, but I'll mention that anyway. I have fixed the transparency problem with the pins, so those should look better. When a sled arrives it will become a much darker shade of that color.

I've also added an activity log at the top. You'll probably see some test events in it at first, but it should make it easier to see what has changed. Clicking on any of the items in the log will do the same thing as clicking on the pin for that new sled.

Let me know if you think something can be improved, or if you find a bug.

Creek Chub

Lifetime Membership
Dec 28, 2007
Blackduck, Minnesota
That is cool. I have mine marked. I noticed most of the sleds are RMK's of some sort.

With the exception of this past week. All these ProRMK's snowchecked explaines why Polaris stock has more than doubled this past year. I recall it topping out about $122 per share within the past 30 or so days. I have watched their stock for the past decade and it would usually trade from $32-$47 seasonally. Wishing I had some of their stock. But, I will easliy settle for my new ProRMK when it gets here.:bounce:

Premium Features