• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

PC running brds good??

I

Insaneboltrounder/sjohns

Nov 26, 2007
Ok my next trip is cancelled due to very sick buddy. So with idle hands being the devils tools and all.... Im starring at the running brds and wondering if i should do a better brds etc?

CO 2.0

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
I've had mine off for a few rides now. Works much better. Can get your toe in from the top and bottom now to kick out any snow/ice. Brackets haven't bent.

If I were to get new boards for the PC it would be the total board replacement. Either those new diamond ones they just posted pics of or airframes (if they even get released this season). I have fastlane no snos on my 2010 M8 and can honestly say I like the stockers on my M1K better.

M

madsigntist

Dec 19, 2007
Lehi, UT
www.summitsigns.biz
Here's a little mod I have come up with. The stock PC boards are well designed. Tons of open area for snow to drop thru. The problem is that snow sticks to raw alumimum like stink on a fresh turd. And its totally ridiculous to spend $170+ and hours of your time to install more alumimum on your running boards. Even if its powdercoated, snow still sticks to them. Yes they strengthen them, but what if you never had to kick or stomp them again?

I have a set of plastic boards on my M and they simply rock.
The problem is that they took 3 hours of marking, cutting, grinding, cutting some more, grinding some more and then drilling and riveting to install them.

So, why not a plastic overlay that drops right onto the stock boards?
With no cutting or grinding, or even marking a hole.
Just drill and rivet/bolt. Done:face-icon-small-hap

EZ Boards-No snow sticking, No stomping, No kicking, No chipping ever again.

PC boards 1.jpg PC boards 2.jpg PC boards 3.jpg

I

Insaneboltrounder/sjohns

Nov 26, 2007
Wow... those are exactly what i was thinking about !!!! I have been wondering why no one did this. Consider a set ordered.

Ok i clicked on your name there but no site came up. How do i order?

M

madsigntist

Dec 19, 2007
Lehi, UT
www.summitsigns.biz
Wow... those are exactly what i was thinking about !!!! I have been wondering why no one did this. Consider a set ordered.

Ok i clicked on your name there but no site came up. How do i order?

Nice, Thats what I thought too. Now someone has, Me:face-icon-small-coo

Sent you PM

No site up yet. Working on it. I'm a privateer. MadFab Design.

PM me for info and ordering. Will officially launch these this week.

lundracing

Lifetime Membership
Nov 14, 2011
Rolla, ND
just wondering , is there enough "cleat" left to grab your boot bottom?

That is what I am thinking. You are covering up the stock cleat and plastic gets slippery....Just thinking out load....When you get to try them let us know....I also removed the plates at the back of the tunnel and it helps alot.

M

madsigntist

Dec 19, 2007
Lehi, UT
www.summitsigns.biz
Oh yeah, there's traction. What you can't see in these pics is the cap head stainless "cleats" that stick up. They can be placed in any of the holes. But in every hole is over kill. I currently have 6 on each side and it is plenty.

No they aren't any more slippery than your aluminum boards loaded with snow and ice. The plastic boards stay freakishly clean. Kits will be available with stock graphics-match tunnel decal wrap pieces too. No snow sticking period.
So you can argue that there is as much or even more than what you'd have without them.

They work sweet. Pics and their Official Release coming soon. If we had any damn snow:face-icon-small-dis

907riders.com

Mar 23, 2009
Wasilla, AK
www.907riders.com
We have tube style AKBoards that we are making up for the 2012 Cat's.

Setting these up to refine the footwell area. We will be changing the layout of the crossbraces to a 30* angle as well..

We do not use a tube at the tunnel connection, our design will not let snow/ice pile up at the tunnel.

$375.00 natural
$450.00 powdercoated

All include mounting hardware, traction screws, drill bit and mounting instructions

AK boards 1.jpg AK boards 2.jpg AK boards.jpg

Last edited:

907riders.com

Mar 23, 2009
Wasilla, AK
www.907riders.com
how hard is it to cut off the old running boards

It's an easy install if your comfortable with power tools.

Tools required: Sawzall w metal cutting blade, drill motor, rivet gun and couple of clamps.

Layout of cut lines is the most important, follow the instructions for cutting. Clamp boards into place, drill holes, rivet and bolt.

We are always available by phone/text or email for questions.

S

samiams2

Nov 14, 2009
MN...stupid poser flatlander
Here's a little mod I have come up with. The stock PC boards are well designed. Tons of open area for snow to drop thru. The problem is that snow sticks to raw alumimum like stink on a fresh turd. And its totally ridiculous to spend $170+ and hours of your time to install more alumimum on your running boards. Even if its powdercoated, snow still sticks to them. Yes they strengthen them, but what if you never had to kick or stomp them again?

The problem is that they took 3 hours of marking, cutting, grinding, cutting some more, grinding some more and then drilling and riveting to install them.

EZ Boards-No snow sticking, No stomping, No kicking, No chipping ever again

Does snow still build up/accumulate on edge rail?

A

ACMtnCat

Nov 26, 2007
Utah
These MadFab "EZ Boards" are sweet!

DIGI0880.jpg

DIGI0872.jpg

DIGI0866.jpg

Last edited:
M

madsigntist

Dec 19, 2007
Lehi, UT
www.summitsigns.biz

EZ Boards-No snow sticking, No stomping, No kicking, No chipping ever again

Does snow still build up/accumulate on edge rail?

No, your feet are always cleaning it off. Not an issue.

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
These MadFab "EZ Boards" are sweet!

DIGI0880.jpg

DIGI0872.jpg

DIGI0866.jpg

Took an up close and personal look at these this morning. I think they will work great. We got tons of snow here in utah. Rode this afternoon 2 PC's, snow stuck like crazy to the stock boards, always kicking it off. Will install these EZ boards in the morning and ride again and will report back.

Premium Features