• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Mid Range Cut Out Fixed

T
Feb 18, 2008
Check your slack on your throttle block i had an 1/8'' of play tighten it up problem was fixed talked to dealer he said it was a soft shut down telling my sled that the throttle was stuck wide open,6'' down on the throttle cable is where you can make the adgustment.

gopher-it!

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
cut out

low rpm cut out, wide open cut out, plug caps seemed like that was the ticket, bog came back, new plugs also fixed for a while, changed plugs again , fixed for awhile, new injectors no difference, set free play no luck there either, new tss and stop switch no fixey, all plugs and dielectric grease no fix, changed fuel filter ,65 miles no cut out or bog sled ran perfect, this with slp pipe ,reeds,power addiction head 13.5 at 5000 ft, no pcv. will see if this is it, been fooled before.

opel

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Harlowton, MT
My EGT sensor was dropping out with certain vibration. Watched it on the digital wrench and so often it would drop low and pop back up depending on how much vibration. Changed it out and worked good.

B
Apr 13, 2004
GJ COLO
Is there anyone else that wants to add to this list of cut out/ bog fixes so when it inevitably happens to everyone they can maybe solve it or at least tell their less than concerned dealers how to do it?

Does this apply to the Assault?....my sled started cutting out on the 1st tank, when off throttle in the trees or downhill. Changed plugs, they were soaking wet and washed clean. 2 miles later, same issue dropped into ravine, off throttle, then cuts out...over the bars. Engine light comes on when this happens.

2nd scenior: 3/4 throttle sidhilling 50 yards into hill, same cut out.
If i turn the sled off, the restart and mash it I can get around the bog. If i try to feather it, when its missing out the problem just continiues..

Other Assault in group, says this happened for 1st 300miles till dealer oil was burnt out of system..

Are there any updates for these that my dealer missed?

Should i be worried? Kinda getting dangerous to ride like this.........

T
Feb 18, 2008
I would almost guarantee your problem wil be fixed Powder that the exact same thing my sled did and it is good now 160miles

Premium Features