• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

*** Letter from Forest Service-Possible Closures *** TEANAWAY POSSE ENFORCEMENT

Y
Nov 26, 2007
north bend, wa
I'll bring a step stool and a rubber hammer for ruffy..........wouldn't want him to hurt himself and miss any 2011 riding. :):rolleyes:

The good thing is he will already have a helmet on.....not so sure about the 2011 riding, his wife will be back from Iraq and looking at a house and babies....he's finished......lol....:clock::moon::baby::hail:

ruffryder

Lifetime Membership
Aug 14, 2002
Each year we do a clean up at the most popular areas, could it be that we also do a signage day, where we go to the usual places to be sure signage is visible and elevated enough to not be buried by snow?
I assumed you were going to be doing the signage day when you were doing the clean up day... Couldn't ride on the clean up day.. but I guess you would have known that if you were there.... :face-icon-small-sho

Y
Nov 26, 2007
north bend, wa
I assumed you were going to be doing the signage day when you were doing the clean up day... Couldn't ride on the clean up day.. but I guess you would have known that if you were there.... :face-icon-small-sho

Nice....thanks to the kids for baseball..which I will remind you about in a few years when you can't make the clean up....:face-icon-small-win..now back on topic.

I know I've seen signage in the past at the boundary in GC but haven't in the last 2 years. it would be good to know what can be used and what it needs to state....

ruffryder

Lifetime Membership
Aug 14, 2002
I know I've seen signage in the past at the boundary in GC but haven't in the last 2 years. it would be good to know what can be used and what it needs to state....

I believe Tim already has the signs ready to go. We just need to put them up! I think it might be a summer activity, to put posts in, or guy lines for a free standing sign. That way you don't have to put it the snow and do it over again every year. I guess you could put it on a tree, but I think visibility would be better on it's own. I guess the end result is we need to know what the FS wants us to do first..

Y
Nov 26, 2007
north bend, wa
I believe Tim already has the signs ready to go. We just need to put them up! I think it might be a summer activity, to put posts in, or guy lines for a free standing sign. That way you don't have to put it the snow and do it over again every year. I guess you could put it on a tree, but I think visibility would be better on it's own. I guess the end result is we need to know what the FS wants us to do first..

In the past, I've seen it mounted on the trees and I would think this would work best in the winter. Access in the summer would be very labor intensive and guessing snow depth and exact "normal routes" would also be questionable in the summer. At least the first year, doing it in the winter would be most productive..IMO...

ruffryder

Lifetime Membership
Aug 14, 2002
In the past, I've seen it mounted on the trees and I would think this would work best in the winter. Access in the summer would be very labor intensive and guessing snow depth and exact "normal routes" would also be questionable in the summer. At least the first year, doing it in the winter would be most productive..IMO...

Response from Tim about signage..

Yeah, this is an area where you guys could really help. We've put up orange-and-black wilderness signs at many known incursion points over the past few years, but winter is brutal on them, and we haven't been able to check each one very often. If a group of you wanted to volunteer to check them and replace ones that are damaging or missing, that would be a huge help. And yes, winter is the right time to do that. Let's meet in the Fall, and we can get you lined out with maps and signs. Thanks!

rmk2112

Premium Member
Nov 21, 2009
Kennewick, WA
www.northstar-plumbing.com
Response from Tim about signage..

Lets get a bunch of people together and meet Tim as a group. Send a email to me, I'll put all of them together and forward it on to Tim. He can contact us via email as said in ruffy's post when the time draws near. We can organize, then head out with signs, hammers and GPS units in hand.

Or, if being that Ruffy has already contacted Tim, would he like to do it? I have no problem putting my email out here if you prefer not to.
Let me know

Jeff

jeff@northstar-plumbing.com

H

hurleyboarder21

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 12, 2003
Snohomish, WA
bring your camera

If you are close enough to get legible pictures, especially of a tag number.....I'm thinking you are also in Wilderness. ??

could have gotten tag pics more than once.. and also pics of offenders where they come through in this area...more than once.

would like to thank the wenatchee group for getting us to this point.

thanks alot

ruffryder

Lifetime Membership
Aug 14, 2002
rmk,

I have talked with Tim and met him a couple of times, so I am fine with it. Also, I speak to yammadog and hurley regularly (when I don't piss hurley off..lol).

The plan right now is to get people interested in this and then meet in the fall with Tim Foss to get more specifics.

In talking with Mr. Prez of the Northwest Glacier Cruisers, Wilderness trespass is a big issue up there as well and they are becoming more proactive too. It is sad to think that we snowmobilers could loose riding areas due to a small few that think they are entitled to ride where ever they want.

ruffryder

Lifetime Membership
Aug 14, 2002
would like to thank the wenatchee group for getting us to this point.
It is kind of sad that this is what it takes for snowmobilers to get interested and proactive on this issue.

Snowmobilers have a choice to be stewards of the land they ride in.

N

newtrout

Oct 1, 2001
Central Washington
Let's make it happen

If anyone gets serious about a summer (or winter) trip to post signs, let me know. I know the incursion points in the Teanaway very well. It will require a couple trips, or a couple different groups. Most of the points will require several miles of hiking with several thousand feet of elevation gain and loss. It's beautiful country, and very cool to see in the summer.

It would actually save some effort if we did an overnight trip. There are some great off-trail routes that would let us traverse the whole area and hit several incursion points with less elevation gain and loss.

I'd be happy to work with Mr. Foss on some of the locations. I'd rather not discuss them here. Ruffy, sounds like you can get the ball rolling with him and get ahold of the signs. Some spots might make more sense in the winter, but a lot of this could be done in the summer.

Y
Nov 26, 2007
north bend, wa
If anyone gets serious about a summer (or winter) trip to post signs, let me know. I know the incursion points in the Teanaway very well. It will require a couple trips, or a couple different groups. Most of the points will require several miles of hiking with several thousand feet of elevation gain and loss. It's beautiful country, and very cool to see in the summer.

It would actually save some effort if we did an overnight trip. There are some great off-trail routes that would let us traverse the whole area and hit several incursion points with less elevation gain and loss.

I'd be happy to work with Mr. Foss on some of the locations. I'd rather not discuss them here. Ruffy, sounds like you can get the ball rolling with him and get ahold of the signs. Some spots might make more sense in the winter, but a lot of this could be done in the summer.

I'm interested in a "hike"...lol....I'd have to look harder at an overnight, not sure if I have sufficient gear to do that...everything is geared for family camping as far as tent etc...

I'm assuming winter would be best given snow depths, but you would know that area as well as anyone. So count me in on the idea of doing a summer adventure. Kids are gone for a month, basically all of July, so that's my best time frame.

ruffryder

Lifetime Membership
Aug 14, 2002

Newtrout, sounds great! I am down for hiking and overnighting during the summer. I have all the gear necessary as well. I might even have enough for yammadog too. Actually, if it is only 1 night, I absolutely do.

Y
Nov 26, 2007
north bend, wa
Newtrout, sounds great! I am down for hiking and overnighting during the summer. I have all the gear necessary as well. I might even have enough for yammadog too. Actually, if it is only 1 night, I absolutely do.

I'm not spooning with you!!!

sometime in July works best for me with the kids gone....Ruffy get with Tim to get the signs, I could hit the NB forest station if needed. Newtrout, plan the timing and let me know what I should be gather for this effort. And, I'll carry the beer....:face-icon-small-hap

H

hurleyboarder21

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 12, 2003
Snohomish, WA
great ideas everyone

i could go. Mr. newtrout should pick the time as he will know when the conditions are best (as usual lol)

Tim works out of cle elum area maybe he could get the signs to my parents i could pick them up locally at my parents house.

if we all show how much we care about this wilderness poaching problem maybe we can all make a big difference on decisions in that area!!!

I'd suggest a loggers climbing rig to post the signs up high enough for winter viewing.

we just need yamamauler to put em up...lol

great idea mountainhorse for some spurs and a flip line!

and instead of having yammadog pack beer , maybe we could use him to pack any trash out that we may find .

Last edited:
Premium Features