• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

10 m8 oil tank cross thread

D

DAN03REV

Oct 20, 2008
ALGONA, IOWA
same as SKIDOO .. seam is not a problem .. the insert has a large enough flange for a good seal .. an o-ring (1/16w x 1.06 I.D.) around the insert provides a tight seal between insert and reservoir ... couple local guys have Mcats .. installed insert to see how well it seals ... nice tight fit as i had promised .. no more leak ..
Dano - Great idea but how does the neck stay round, even with the insert, when there is this thick seam? Seems like when the insert is in place the seam is going to cause a bulge on that side?

BTW - I have a 2010 M8. I noticed the neck/thread area was warped a little after a few hundred miles. No pics though. I took the cap off and very carefully screwed it on and after sitting for a week or two the neck area appears round again. The gasket in the cap was not seated properly either so I pushed it back into place. Last night I put reflective tape on the right side of the bottle.

D

DAN03REV

Oct 20, 2008
ALGONA, IOWA
Aw Crap, something more??? I love the sled and am just getting it dialed in and now my track has cords coming out and my dealer says it is normal and that AC will not warranty it. Now my bottle is going to warp. It already has oil leaks in the exhaust. I paid 1/2 the price for my Polaris when it was new and had maybe 1/4 the problems with it and it kicked butt and still does.

I am a sucker for a quick fix, so let me check it and I will probably just order one. When will you have more o-rings?[/QUOTE]

will have to check with local hardware store .. last time they said truck didnt have any on it .. they cant promise me anything .. o-rings are only $.40 each ..

D

DAN03REV

Oct 20, 2008
ALGONA, IOWA
I NEED TO PLACE AN ORDER FOR MY M8.

here is info
$15.00 each US FUNDS shipped anywhere in NORTH AMERICA
(USPS PARCEL POSTAGE INCLUDED)

please add 5% ($.75 per part) to the total if using PAYPAL
my PAYPAL address is DAN_03REV@YAHOO.COM

send cashiers check, personal check, or money order to:
DAN PARCEL
609 N. WOOSTER ST.
ALGONA, IA 50511

please let me know your full name, shipping address, and sled(s) year/model with payment .... orders are shipped within 24 hrs. of received payment ..

*** NEED EM FAST ?? *** ..
USPS PRIORITY MAIL FOR ADDITIONAL CHARGE ..
( maximum 10ct. order )
$5.00 -- USPS PRIORITY MAIL in USA
$11.50 -- USPS PRIORITY MAIL INTERNATIONAL to CANADA
$13.50 -- USPS PRIORITY MAIL INTERNATIONAL anywhere overseas

THANK YOU .. DAN03REV

D

DAN03REV

Oct 20, 2008
ALGONA, IOWA
machinist is spinning off parts daily .. i havent been able to get orders out last couple days due to job hours .. all past and current orders will be going out tomorrow morning ... thanks guys

D

DAN03REV

Oct 20, 2008
ALGONA, IOWA
sleeves for Arctic Cat now have a thinner flange and shortened in length .. this will allow oil cap to be turned a bit more ..

S

Ski-Laxn

Nov 26, 2007
Longmont, Co
RKT repair

The cap kelsey has designed out of billet aluminum is very nice and the cap never has to be removed again. The cap comes with a flip cap to open and refill. These sell for $100 shipped in the lower 48. Pm me or Kelsey if interested.

PA100002.jpg PA100001.jpg

D

DAN03REV

Oct 20, 2008
ALGONA, IOWA
been receiving a lot of emails asking price, availability, and shipping

kits $15.00 ea. .. i have a large stock of all 3 types of kits ready to go .. ship same day if not the next .. shipping overseas is not a problem !! .. you want one - i will get it to ya !! .. been selling these kits for 5 yrs now .. oil caps are easier to tighten and loosen with kit installed .. no need to crack down on cap to get it tight .. kits consist of a sleeve w/o-ring for tight seal .. sled dealers have been picking these up to solve this leak issue .. if you are a dealer, contact me for price deal on large quantity orders .. thanks guys / dealers for all the business .. looking forward to another great winter !!

any questions or to order email me > DAN_03REV@YAHOO.COM

D

DAN03REV

Oct 20, 2008
ALGONA, IOWA
been receiving a lot of emails asking price, availability, and shipping

kits $15.00 ea. .. i have a large stock of all 3 types of kits ready to go .. ship same day if not the next .. shipping overseas is not a problem !! .. you want one - i will get it to ya !! .. been selling these kits for 5 yrs now .. oil caps are easier to tighten and loosen with kit installed .. no need to crack down on cap to get it tight .. kits consist of a sleeve w/o-ring for tight seal .. sled dealers have been picking these up to solve this leak issue .. if you are a dealer, contact me for price deal on large quantity orders .. thanks guys / dealers for all the business .. looking forward to another great winter !!

any questions or to order email me > DAN_03REV@YAHOO.COM
NOTE: Arctic Cat owners you have the option of 2 different kits i sell ..
option #1: a Type #3 kit which consists of a sleeve w/o-ring to fit oem oil cap
option #2: a Type #2 kit which consists of a sleeve w/o-ring to fit a 2003-2007 SKIDOO REV oil cap .. this SKIDOO oil cap has no vent > http://www.kelch.com/html/products/productDetail.php?pid=6
DSC00331.jpg

DSC00332.jpg

DSC00333.jpg

DSC00334.jpg

Last edited:
F

FCR112

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Feb 1, 2008
DAN03REV

Looks like a great product, I am thinking I need to buy one. Great Price too.

But Really! Do you really think it's necessary to reply to 4 threads with the exact same cut and paste response, again? Really! (In My Best Saturday Night Live Skit Rip Off) Really!:face-icon-small-hap

D

DAN03REV

Oct 20, 2008
ALGONA, IOWA
DAN03REV

Looks like a great product, I am thinking I need to buy one. Great Price too.

But Really! Do you really think it's necessary to reply to 4 threads with the exact same cut and paste response, again? Really! (In My Best Saturday Night Live Skit Rip Off) Really!:face-icon-small-hap

these topics get split up in time so i figured i would reply to all the same .. :face-icon-small-hap

Premium Features