• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Anybody have 24 Freeride Seat Time?

rulonjj

Lifetime Membership
Apr 15, 2008
capitol town, WY
I keep hearing “setup is important” aka, spend more money on an already expensive sled. Stock to stock, boost all day. If you wanna blow money, it doesn’t matter which brand you buy…

C

caper11

Nov 2, 2008
Northern alberta
Boost all day? The boost I rode had a doo track, clutching and a 20hp tune. Mine just had clutching and shocks And we both considered the sleds equivalent with what was done to them. The nervous twichy bars was the negative comment I had towards my own sled when the matyrx was like a knife on edge.

So setup is important on both brands, to get them where they should be. IMO stock for stock, the Polaris needs a lot more work than the doo, especially to get it reliable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chadly

Forum Expert
Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2013
Snohomish, WA
Ski Doo's stock skid is horrific. Tom's set up is the only way to go. His knowledge and service is world class. I felt like an ass when he sent me his last rear skid for free and then I abandoned him to Polaris. He was about the only good thing about owning a Doo. I miss my long phone conversations with him. Hes a smart stand up dude. That aside when someone says/posts that the Doo is outperforming a Polaris on steep technical terrain, that solidifies a few things. You aren't very good at snowmobiling and you obviously ride power line clearings. You probably wouldn't know technical terrain if you saw it. Go post your stupid crap in the Doo forum. We don't need it here.

C

caper11

Nov 2, 2008
Northern alberta
Lol, Some people solidify some other things by their comments as well.
The question was asked about a 2024 freeride on a Polaris forum. Some guys are butt hurt that Polaris has been sucking hind tit, and skidoo is actually catching them in the handling department, especially in the reliability dept. No one said the doo handled better, because it actually does not without work, but then again the Polaris needs work as well.
If you have not owned a G5 then your opinion is worthless in This topic.

rulonjj

Lifetime Membership
Apr 15, 2008
capitol town, WY
Boost all day? The boost I rode had a doo track, clutching and a 20hp tune. Mine just had clutching and shocks And we both considered the sleds equivalent with what was done to them. The nervous twichy bars was the negative comment I had towards my own sled when the matyrx was like a knife on edge.

So setup is important on both brands, to get them where they should be. IMO stock for stock, the Polaris needs a lot more work than the doo, especially to get it reliable.

I said doos track and engine was phenomenal…that’s really the only area Doo is better. The engine is a tossup.

The points I’m making are referring to the rest of the sled…the skid, the way the front suspension reacts, and in the case of Polaris, fails to react to the terrain and the ease in which it holds a steep sidehill and remains nimble.

The Polaris was built to obey the rider’s slightest command. Doo was built to go where it wants and hopefully it’s close to what the rider wants.

I’d rather a slightly under powered sled that gets up on the snow and does what I say over a powerful sled that trenches and fights me every time I hit the fun button.

Bottom line…if you ride meadows and like to wheelie and trench, the g5 is an amazing bike. If you like slicing snow on the steepest of side hills and looking like a boss while doing it….Polaris all day.

Chadly

Forum Expert
Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2013
Snohomish, WA

I couldn't agree more. So go stove pipe your Doo boys in the French Canadian section of this forum. Nobody gives a rat's ass how sh!tty a Freeride handles here.

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
Steering is preference. New spindle fixes most of the twitch. Nothing wrong with suspension. They are all adjustable or changeable. Doos have always trenched. It's their steep approach angle imo. Also makes them more playful. Poo is harder to get on edge but stays there. Doo is easier. Anything super easy is also super easy to go the other way on you. That boils down to rider. Motors awesome and they don't bog.
Chadly is still having flashbacks of buying used xm turbos from Rasmussen and jenkins. The xm sucked but if i remember right, you couldn't tell him that. They were the best thing since milk.

diamonddave

Chilly’s Mentor
Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2006
Wokeville, WA.
Lol, Some people solidify some other things by their comments as well.
The question was asked about a 2024 freeride on a Polaris forum. Some guys are butt hurt that Polaris has been sucking hind tit, and skidoo is actually catching them in the handling department, especially in the reliability dept. No one said the doo handled better, because it actually does not without work, but then again the Polaris needs work as well.

Know your audience.

It’s obvious that Polaris riders were all abused by a parent at some time in their childhood. For those that drive short box 1 tons and/or Dodges and own Polaris, the abuse was much worse.

We could have avoided this mess of a thread if Chilly wasn’t a cheap tight ass and scared of pissing off his purchased friends by buying a Doo and putting these questions to bed.

C

caper11

Nov 2, 2008
Northern alberta
I couldn't agree more. So go stove pipe your Doo boys in the French Canadian section of this forum. Nobody gives a rat's ass how sh!tty a Freeride handles here.

Didn’t know I stumbled into a Homo bar until you brought it up. You seem you like you need a hug, so you fit right in.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

U
Jul 20, 2016
Montana
I'll take the blame here. I should have known better and realized there hasn't been valuable/reliable info on this website for years. Sometimes I can't believe I wade thru the ads and terrible UX just to read all this bs. I guess that's the definition of insanity.

Anyway I'll let you deeply closeted folk get back to what you do best.

Chadly

Forum Expert
Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2013
Snohomish, WA
I'll take the blame here. I should have known better and realized there hasn't been valuable/reliable info on this website for years. Sometimes I can't believe I wade thru the ads and terrible UX just to read all this bs. I guess that's the definition of insanity.

Anyway I'll let you deeply closeted folk get back to what you do best.
You should take the blame. Retarded people like you who don't know how to read/comprehend the forum titles are why nobody takes this place serious. Why would you go post asking about a Ski Doo Freeride in the Polaris Matryx forum? You do know they have a Ski Doo section? Stupid questions get stupid answers. I come here to make fun of idiots and retards. It makes me feel better about myself and is always good for a laugh.

U
Jul 20, 2016
Montana
You should take the blame. Retarded people like you who don't know how to read/comprehend the forum titles are why nobody takes this place serious. Why would you go post asking about a Ski Doo Freeride in the Polaris Matryx forum? You do know they have a Ski Doo section? Stupid questions get stupid answers. I come here to make fun of idiots and retards. It makes me feel better about myself and is always good for a laugh.
I think it's pretty easy to connect the dots on why I'm asking about a Doo on a Polaris section, no? Maybe someone else can chime in with my reasoning so we can see if it's just you who is struggling to figure it out

Premium Features