• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Awaiting arrival of Power Command V w/ Auto Tune from Jim @ Dynotech Research

harrysmith500

Lifetime Membership
This week i buckled down and finally ordered my PC V. I was not going to get auto tune until Jim talked me into it. He included an extra bung and plug so we can share auto tune between our 2 sleds. He said the maps he builds @ 800' will be real conservative @ hi elevation. I will be hi guinea pig at hi elevation and I plan on sending the custom map that my auto tune builds back to Jim. I think there is a good chance that he will install my map on the PC V's that he sells to his hi elevation customers.
When I say guinea pig, I mean we will see how close the map he built is to the map that my auto tune makes.
I'm not looking forward to sanding off my ceramic coating :(, but it should be worth it to have a perfectly tuned sled.

Mjunkie

Lifetime Membership
Jan 19, 2008
Ogden, Utah
Just what exactly does "auto tune" mean? I'm not familiar with the PC's but the only thing I can imagine that would mean is that it has an o2 sensor that automatically adjusts mixture like a car fuel injection system. Is that correct?

MOWER800

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Layton Utah
I'm not looking forward to sanding off my ceramic coating :(, but it should be worth it to have a perfectly tuned sled.

hey Harry I called and spoke with slp and they said you can send your pipe to they're powder coater in SLC and get it re coated once you weld that bung on there

I'm still thinking on buying the PC V but I'm short on the cash but by the time I decide to do it they should have it dialed in

harrysmith500

Lifetime Membership
You have a plug that you bolt into the bung when you are not using the auto tune setup. That's how you can share it between sleds.
You have your auto tune o2 sensor pluged into your pipe and Autotune pluggedinto your power commander. you go ride around and romp on the sled. Build some r's and exhaust temps and let the auto tune tweak your map. Then you can pull your o2 sensor out so it won't foul. And Now you have a perfectly tuned map for that elevation.
The power commander stores the map and you can always use that map when you are at the same area. I think the pc V can store a certain amount of maps.

A
Dec 11, 2007
The nice thing about the PC III and PC V's are the fact that you can store different maps on a laptop and downlowd them to the PC anytime you want. So if you build a map for "x" location and SAVE it to your laptop then you now always have that fuel map. If sled is running a little funky that day you can either switch to a proven map, plug the autotune in and retune it, or go and reload a different map from the laptop.

This box allows you to be as proactive with your tuning as you want, or as lazy as you want. If you have a good set of egt's or O2 sensor you can pretty much manually tweak the setting until your heart is content.

No, I'm not a dealer for this product, I've been using it on bike for some years now and have long awaited its release for the sleds.

Thank you , dynojet!!!!

No more +/-, color change = this throttle, blah,blah, blah. The autotune takes the guess work out of the settings. No guessing for throttle opening percentage for that spot on the map, etc. You can however buy the display that shows the throttle opening, rpm, etc. in real time for tuning purposes.

Hope this helps,

This is not your old tuning box!

Kraven

Lifetime Membership
Apr 11, 2009
MIDWEST
The nice thing about the PC III and PC V's are the fact that you can store different maps on a laptop and downlowd them to the PC anytime you want. So if you build a map for "x" location and SAVE it to your laptop then you now always have that fuel map. If sled is running a little funky that day you can either switch to a proven map, plug the autotune in and retune it, or go and reload a different map from the laptop.

This box allows you to be as proactive with your tuning as you want, or as lazy as you want. If you have a good set of egt's or O2 sensor you can pretty much manually tweak the setting until your heart is content.

No, I'm not a dealer for this product, I've been using it on bike for some years now and have long awaited its release for the sleds.

Thank you , dynojet!!!!

No more +/-, color change = this throttle, blah,blah, blah. The autotune takes the guess work out of the settings. No guessing for throttle opening percentage for that spot on the map, etc. You can however buy the display that shows the throttle opening, rpm, etc. in real time for tuning purposes.

Hope this helps,

This is not your old tuning box!

Well said, like a dyno in a box, just plug and play.:cool:

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
I'm not looking forward to sanding off my ceramic coating , but it should be worth it to have a perfectly tuned sled.

Why do you have to sand it off? Just to weld that sensor?

Premium Features