• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Power Commander 5 W/Auto tune

iroc1132

Lifetime Membership
Dec 5, 2008
SE Idaho
Who has experience with this set up? Does it really work, or is it just another device that works great as long as you do this and this and then adjust that...
I would like to throw a pipe on my sled and am considering either Jaws or SLP. I know Eric @ RS has flash program for SLP, which is very cool! But in the past I have had better experience with Jaws pipes.
Just looking for some insight from someone who has experience with the PC V and Auto tune.

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
I've only used it on one sled and it was a 1300 Cutler big bore on a M1000. Was kind of trial and error because it had never been used on that configuration by Cutler. Only a boondocker box. So we didn't really know what A/F numbers we were shooting for and only had EGT values from Cutler. I had overly rich bottom end A/F values in initially and a little lean on top. The auto tune did a decent job of adjusting the map in the midrange where my values were closer and I'm glad it did because I would have never guessed the values it wanted. I ended up manually tweaking the very bottom end and WOT values.

So if you know the target A/F ratios you need I think it would work fairly well riding easy on/off throttle for a day or two to give it a chance to build a good map. I've heard if you stab the throttle on/off quick it can make some weird adjustments and have you chasing your tail.

A
Oct 30, 2008
As stated above, as steadystate as possible it works great!
Make sure sled is up to temp and knockfree otherwise you will get weird compensation from the autotune. And dont use it at engagement, add afr numbers above engagement rpm.
I run from 14.2(light cruise) down to 12.6 (WOT,peak rpm)

Skickat från min PLK-L01 via Tapatalk

T

TRUEBLUEMAX

Aug 4, 2010
Hooper, Utah
I know my experience isn't with a cat but my last sled was a turbo nytro and I had the pcv and autotune and it does work. I had it come unplugged one day so it was just running on the pcv and I couldn't figure out why sled wasn't running nearly as good as usual.

That being said I think the map needs to be fairly close for the auto tune to really be effective. I think it's good at little tweaks but not fixing big problems.

If I wanted a pipe kit and I had the choice I would go with racin station on their setup. Way better imo to get rid of the piggyback box and just run the straight reflashed ecu

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

O
Dec 9, 2010
High falls, NY
I have a pcv with auto tune on my 800 with jaws pipe and boyesen reeds. It works ok. I ended up going to dynojet research and had my sled tuned properly. I still have the auto tune on the sled but I'm only using it to watch my afr while I'm riding. I couldn't be happier with the setup tho. I have the pod from dynojet and I like being able to watch my afr and my coolant temp. I'm running the jaws pipe with the internal stinger, boyesen reeds, diamond s trail can and a 2.5 deg timing key and making 180hp and my afr is about 12.8 at wot.

Premium Features