• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Xtreme Air Vents

skidooking

Lifetime Membership
Apr 8, 2011
Just got done installing Xtreme Air Vents on the XM, The SledWraps Wrap is next!

Bocephus

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2010
i tore one of the mesh screens on the intake last year. i like the idea of these covers, but dont you forsee snow getting in those little holes, and not being able to "brush" it off like you can on the stock screens? and actually PACKING the snow in the holes when trying to get brush it off? on those good snow days (and there were quite a few last winter), i found myself brushing the snow off the intake all the time.....

XFIRE800

Lifetime Membership
Feb 22, 2009
Aberdeen, SD
i tore one of the mesh screens on the intake last year. i like the idea of these covers, but dont you forsee snow getting in those little holes, and not being able to "brush" it off like you can on the stock screens? and actually PACKING the snow in the holes when trying to get brush it off? on those good snow days (and there were quite a few last winter), i found myself brushing the snow off the intake all the time.....

I have the same concerns. Just like a side panel vent getting iced up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bocephus

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2010
there is a "prefilter" over the top of all the little holes?

skidooking

Lifetime Membership
Apr 8, 2011
So you do have to disassemble the intake to get these vents installed I see ? Was it tough to do ? Thanks

No just cut out your ripped screens, apply new vents using drill with rivets. Just remove your windshield, the retainer screws (6) from the goggle compartment and it exposes 2 of the holes you drill to put rivet washers on the back. Mounts very well and flush. Saw several of these being used out west last year. None having build up. Simple install!

Premium Features