• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

WKM at the 2014 Cat demo ride in Valemount

JustBoostIt

Lifetime Membership
White Knuckle Motorsports will be in Valemount for the 2014 Cat demo rides. Details below.

We (Cat) are organizing a 3 day DEMO RIDE on our New (lighter) 2014 ProClimb snowmobiles in Valemount B.C! Leading the ride will be Amber Holt from Backcountry Basics. Amber will be collecting data and input from everyone that participates and relaying this to Arctic Cat direct. This will be our first demo ride on NEW Mountain product.

Dates:
• March 31: Arrival Sunday
• April 1st: Ride
• April 2nd: Ride
• April 3rd: Ride
• April 4th: Depart

We plan to be there riding Monday and Tuesday. We will have my 2013 Evo Super Chute 300 - 174 there for qualified riders along with our lightweight production build 2013 C3 equipped 800 SP162. The 800 has been running on snow all winter so if you are wondering what a carbon fiber 800 feels like this is your chance. Same deal for my 1100t, if you want to see how 300hp feels like on a PC chassis this is your opportunity.

Customers have been dying to have demo rides on new machines before they buy and Cat is doing this so come out and try the new 2014 Cats and compare to some modified ones as well. Gonna be great! I will try and get the 2014 models that will be there, it wasn't set in stone the last time I talked to the rep.

Stay tuned to this thread for ride times and location.

Sorry for the late notice but this has all been in the last couple weeks and I was in Wyoming last week.

Last edited:

av8er

Lifetime Membership
Sep 16, 2006
Kalispell, MT.
Who cares what a 130 LB girl thinks of thenew sleds

How about a 240Lb man, there's what maybe 100 girls in the Nation that will be riding 2014 sleds, and 1,000's of guys. I would prefer a better target group for feedback direct to Cat- nothing against her personally

av8er

Lifetime Membership
Sep 16, 2006
Kalispell, MT.
I would love to ride the SC-300

thinking that will be my next sled, Can you come to MT. or a Viper 310HP Turbo with a 174x3" track when they come out with a long track Viper in 2015. the Turbo Nytro Motor is proven, plus the Yamaha clutches are better

K

Koby

Nov 26, 2007
Saddle Hills
as per JustBoostIts "SIG LINE", he is a Canadian dealer, thus a Canadian venue for his target market. Not really fair to be asking him to host events outside of his licensed retail area.

That been said, we are frickin lucky to have a guy that supports his clientele to the level he does. I've had allot of after business hours calls, texts, pm's and emails helping me trouble shoot or just shoot the ****. Will sure try my best to be in the Vale for your shindig Big G. Just hope my little 250 can keep up :playball:

JustBoostIt

Lifetime Membership
Well to be fair it isn't WKM putting this together. Cat is setting up rides elsewhere too, just not anywhere else close to us. I feel bad getting this up this late, just too busy. I have always said that the best service is from people that do what they sell... and that goes for any industry. I don't think anyone puts the time in on the hill we do so I'm good with spearheading this.

As far as Amber, I've rode with her before, she could outride 90% of those 1000 guys that we are talking about, including riding 1100t's as she rides rides one too. She is a Cat representitive, she is taking the feedback from customers and demo riders to Cat. She is the medium we get to communicate thru. People riding the demos are the target group. That being said I could say the same thing about Bret Rasmussen, that I hosted 2 rides with last year, he doesn't ride an 1100t, he wouldn't be the best choice to offer opinions on it to Cat on it. Not being a dick but I don't see any other factory demo rides happening either.....pretty great start I'd say.

JustBoostIt

Lifetime Membership
thinking that will be my next sled, Can you come to MT. or a Viper 310HP Turbo with a 174x3" track when they come out with a long track Viper in 2015. the Turbo Nytro Motor is proven, plus the Yamaha clutches are better

I was just in Alpine for 4 days last week with Jim from Evo for test and tuning. The 1100t motor has been 5 years this winter, I have no issues with the motor, and I rode yami for 4 years before the 1100t. The drivetrain is suspect, not the motor. As for the clutches, are they different...I've heard both ways. I run a 911 and a Team now, which shows what I think of the current Cat clutches:face-icon-small-fro

W

wasatchcomm

Aug 17, 2009
Pinedale wy.
How about a 240Lb man, there's what maybe 100 girls in the Nation that will be riding 2014 sleds, and 1,000's of guys. I would prefer a better target group for feedback direct to Cat- nothing against her personally

what are you thinking???

just boost it said,,, she can out ride most men...

av8er

Lifetime Membership
Sep 16, 2006
Kalispell, MT.
I'm saying she weighs 130LBs

How many guys you know weigh 130 lbs, I'm 6'1" 250 Lbs do u think her feedback to cat on handling and suspension, power and power delivery is going to be any where close to the average 170 Lb guy. sure she can ride but big whoopty doo, how is one 130 Lb above average female rider a good representative to give feedback to A/C. Give a Pre production sled to someone like Dan Davidhoff and let him give feedback to CAT.

Last edited:

JustBoostIt

Lifetime Membership
Like I posted before, Amber is the person relaying the info from the demo riders back to Cat. She is there to discuss sled differences, performance upgrades and general knowledge of the product.

And if she was the only person giving input to Cat I think her input is a lot more relvant to a 170lbs rider, than say a 170lbs rider to a 240lbs guy.......just saying, not a lot of 230lbs test riders. I'll include myself in that category so not picking on anyone lol.

Personally I recommend 300hp and a big track.

Last edited:

JustBoostIt

Lifetime Membership
Vale 2014 Cat demo riding info...................

Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday

9 - 9:30 every morning

Allen Creek parking lot

Sleds:

2014: 9000 & 8000, believe a 153 on the 8000

2013: 800 & 1100's various track lengths

Would be nice to have more 2014 there but us Cat guys have to remember that this isn't just for Cat guys but for guys that have never even been on a PC chassis. No YamiCat either......

They had about 30 guys in Sicamous so it was well received.

0neoldfart

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Thorsby, Alberta
Working...

Gene, would love to attend, but heading back to work Monday:face-icon-small-fro. avi8tor, I suspect if ride & handling is 1st & foremost to you, you will have your suspension custom valved or upgrade your shocks like many of us do - the sled is set up for an average rider weight of 170-180 lbs. I'm rocking Exit X1's all the way around on my sled and am pleased with the results (I'm 6'2", 240 in gear). The comment of Amber Holt being irrelavent to the M1100 is ludicrous - she's been riding boosted M1000's and M1100's for awhile now, and from what I've seen she has had no problems working either chassis...

av8er

Lifetime Membership
Sep 16, 2006
Kalispell, MT.
this has nothing to do with Amber Holt

I'm saying there are very few 130 Lb riders out there, but as WKM stated she is more of a messenger. My next sled will probably be a 1100T with 300HP SC and a 174x3" Currently riding a Twisted extreme M8 with Kmod and a 162x3"

D

diggerdown

Apr 25, 2004
Deer Park Wi.
Av8er....So what part of relaying data from the imput of "all" the riders didn't you understand? I've only casually met Amber but I have no doubt she will give an accurate account of what all the different ridrs thoughts are. Sounds like you have a burr under your blanket about girls out riding you!

av8er

Lifetime Membership
Sep 16, 2006
Kalispell, MT.
Ha HA- that is Funny

i've been riding for 28 years, but hey it's your story tell it how you want to.
I got nothing against her personally, also that was additional info added at a later post about being the messenger. I got nothing against female riders, Nothing better than getting some in the MTN's.

W

wasatchcomm

Aug 17, 2009
Pinedale wy.
i here what you are saying

but with the 1100t i think her input will be more beneficial to the guys..

because she is so light (130lb) they will make every adjustment to get the heavy 1100t to handle well..

which it does, she is a very accomplished rider and understands the sleds and what makes them tick...

i have no problem with her being the voice for myself to arctic cat...

ive rode with her a few times now and i must say,, she can throw that 1100t around, and put it places most guys will never put it....

all that and only 130lbs..

Impressive!!!!!

Bendy

Lifetime Membership
Dec 11, 2009
Spirit River, AB Canada
I would love to go...

but its all about the Benjamins. We have fantastic snow in the Pine Pass anyhow! I will agree with av8er on the light rider scenario. I'm 6'2 and 240 right before I step into the shower. I think thats why we have all these driveline problems. You have a 170lbs rider testing this thing on a mountain in the spring. Hero snow and no obstacles. Take this thing into the creeks and climbs up some chutes where you have to be on/off the throttle in some heavy deep pow. Can you say weight and huge torque equal breakage! Cat has gotta get some BIG dudes testing these things! 'Cause on average... a big strong guy is the only person who can ride these things... 'cause unfortunately for them... they don't have the natural riding abilities Amber has! Just my 2 cents, it should mean something... since I dumped my cash into this machine!

JustBoostIt

Lifetime Membership
Very well put but.....

We are talking about handling, power, and feel of the machine at a demo ride. We are not doing r&d or reliability testing. That is a whole different set of standards, tests, and riders. I agree as most do that the on snow testing for these parameters are lacking in the 1100. But it has nothing to do with someone throwing a leg over, riding a machine for 20 minutes and offering an opinion.

Bendy

Lifetime Membership
Dec 11, 2009
Spirit River, AB Canada
Well...

in that case I don't need to be there, 'cause this machine rides like an XP with a 4S! It handles great for a heavy machine. Once your on the throttle and have the skis up, you don't even notice the front end being heavy. Again... JMO! It can be a challange on the hard stuff though. I love my Suzuki 4S. Cat has always had great HP out of their Suzuki motors. Now with the addition of Yammi power plants... they're gonna have that many more engine options to pick from!

Premium Features