• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Where to find tow behind sled?

J

justinak907

Oct 5, 2008
Soldotna
Where to find a sled to tow behind my machine? (and i dont mean ski doo):face-icon-small-hap I'm looking for a hauling type sled to pack gear in. Surely theres some places around Anchorage selling them that I just dont know about. Thanks

MARV1

Lifetime Membership
May 3, 2004
Kotlik, AK
Price-wise I'd buy an Otter and still won't mind buying one. I bought one from Northern Sledworks in Fairbanks, best $900 on a sled I've spent, works great and hauls a couple moose easily.

A

akhunter75

Aug 23, 2002
sled

It depends on what you plan to haul. AMADS sells a fiberglass sled also. I ended up making my own cargo sled because I needed to haul lumber and a boat shaped sled isn't made for that. A 9 foot sled made from wood cost about $300 to build and two nights after work. I ended up building a 12 foot sled for a friend and it cost a bit more. Together we hauled 8,000 lbs of lumber in the a cabin site in 1 1/2 days. If you just want to haul light weight stuff a boat sled would really be the better choice.

Premium Features