• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

West Tensleep

W
I'm looking for info regarding typical melt out times for West Tensleep canyon up above Deer Haven Lodge. I'd like to get up to the wilderness in late April--does anyone think there would still be snow? Thanks in advance.

deanross

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2010
Cody WY
I'm looking for info regarding typical melt out times for West Tensleep canyon up above Deer Haven Lodge. I'd like to get up to the wilderness in late April--does anyone think there would still be snow? Thanks in
I can’t tell you for sure at that elevation, but the past couple years my son went up to the bighorns just North of there (Burgess Junction) and there was still snow drifts and very wet on Memorial Day weekend. I’d suspect there would be some drifts that would keep you from getting very close to the wilderness.

brandon227

Lifetime Membership
Nov 3, 2010
North East Wyoming
This year there will be a ton of snow still left. The canyon will be a maybe and Wilderness will be a no go. Usually early to Mid May for the Bulk of the Run off.

shelbwyo

Lifetime Membership
Jun 29, 2010
Sheridan, Wyo
I usually dont even think about getting into the wilderness until June or later depending on snow melt/snowpack. March/April is sometimes our biggest precip month.

Griff

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Would someone post the recommended lodging and dining options in Ten Sleep?
Fuel availability?

Thanks.

Premium Features